Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Opakeco: Transparency and Accountability for Humanitarian Causes  (Read 8970 times)
Aki4real (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:05:29 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 06:52:53 AM by Aki4real

Slack | Whitepaper | Website | Github| Blog | Twitter | Reddit

The Opakeco Foundation has a vision: A world where humanitarian causes are fully transparent and held accountable..

It has always been theoretically possible to have full oversight
of good causes. In practice, the Opakeco Foundation have learned that this is
never the case. Over time, however, the feasibility of making this vision into
reality has grown by leaps and bounds. With the coming of blockchain
technology, digital transparency could be reached. And now with Ethereum smart
contracts and the possibility to issue tokens, the Opakeco Foundation finally
has a way to make our vision a reality.

Summary

The Opakeco Foundation is building a platform where token holders will be able to exert control over the foundation
and support charities without the need of technical skills.
In time, opakeco will become the quality label for measuring the transparency of charities and well-doers.

The Opakeco platform thrives on a connected community: as a token holder, your vote counts.
Together, we decide what decisions to take; together, we steer the foundation; and together,
we will help humanity.

The Opakeco Foundation wants to emphasize that token holders decide.
Decisions within opakeco are made by asking everyone,
with the majority of the deciding power in the hands of the community.
Important points here are that token holders will be able to vote on all strategic decisions,
including, but not limited to quarterly budgets
, strategic goals and even board members.

Within the same platform users will be able to communicate with different charities,
 verified well-doers and people who aim to make a change in their community.
The platform will let you see to what extent a certain well-doer or charity
is transparent according to the metrics the Opakeco Foundation uses.

Our goal is to have charities use our tokens to buy food,
medical supplies and other necessities -- this can range from building water wells
and houses to providing solar-powered lights -- that can help their cause.

Token holders will be able to send tokens to well-doers and charities through the Opakeco platform.
So apart from the efforts that the foundation itself will be putting into aiding different causes all around the world,
token holders are able to have a direct impact in a cause they feel strongly about.

The Opakeco Foundation will help organizations to become more transparent
and give them an Opakeco rating according to the measures they have taken to be transparent.

This organization will be fully transparent and lead by example.
The Opakeco Foundation will publish all internal company communication after 24 hours
and token holders are able to see our income and expenses.

Key Features

New standard in communication with humanitarian causes
Vote with tokens to decide on tactical and strategic decisions
Send aid to humanitarian causes using tokens
Built-in killswitch contract, refunds ETH if voting threshold is met
Founder tokens locked for 5 years
Token Buy back program with 40% of positive equity in Q4
Quality mark for humanitarian causes

Roadmap

Contribution Period

Start Time: 21-09-2017
Duration: One week
Target: 10.000 ETH
Hard Cap: 100.000 ETH

Token distribution

The Opakeco Foundation wants to a fair and wide distribution of tokens, the following steps have been taken to achieve this:

Fixed gas price

(transactions above or below this gas price will be rejected)
No whitelisted addresses
No 3rd-party allocations
No bonus structure

* Founder tokens will be locked in publicly disclosed wallets, They will be released gradually, at a rate of 5% per 3 months. Effectively meaning founder tokens will be fully released after 5 years.

Team

Chief Technology Officer
Jackie Xu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrxuj/
computer scientist and entrepreneur with a love for new technology and charity

Chief Executive Officer
Akash Parmesar
https://www.linkedin.com/in/akashparmesar/
visionary entrepreneur with a passion for cryptocurrency and humanitarian causes

Chief Information Officer
Rene Ammerlaan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rene-ammerlaan/
communications expert with a passion for cryptocurrency and cybersecurity

Chief Marketing Officer
Akis Karamanlis
https://www.linkedin.com/in/akiskaramanlis/
creative innovator with a passion for charities

Chief Creative Officer
Iskander Mos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/iskander-mos-35b92257/
gifted storyteller with a passion for new technologies

Advisors

Bart den Hertog
Marketing and Business Development
https://www.linkedin.com/in/bartdhertog/

Koen Basten
Software Engineering
https://github.com/kbasten/

Niko van Meurs
UX, Design and Software Engineering
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikovanmeurs/

Finn Boonman
Marketing
https://www.linkedin.com/in/finnboonman/

The Catch

Honestly, there is no “catch”.  
The team behind Opakeco will do its hardest to set a leading example for the community.
We care about the project and we want it to succeed, to emphasize this our CTO and CIO will work the first quarter without a salary!

We want to prove to you that our interests are aligned with our mission.
The total amount of ETH is released gradually with the approval of token holders.
We are all willing to put our reputation on the line for this project, as the Opakeco Foundation will be as transparent as any organization can be.

The Opakeco Foundation will add constant value to the tokens
with our buy back program and adding features/functionalities,
but we’d rather see a gradual incline of the value than a “moon” type of launch.

We will pour our heart and soul in this project, what about you?
Can the Opakeco Foundation count you in?

Disclaimer:
This ANN is not for US residents and those of Hong Kong,
You can’t participate in the ICO if you are either a Hong Kong or U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States,
or have a primary residence or domicile in the United States, including Puerto Rico, the U.S.
Virgin Islands, and any other territories of the United States.

Only the following accounts will make official statements about The Opakeco Foundation

Opakeco: Opakeco
Akash: Aki4real
Jackie: ojackie
Rene: ren-e
Akis: AkissikA
Iskander: Jestersdream

Bounties:

Bug Bounty
Up to 1.000.000 Karmo (roughly 33 ETH worth) for a severe bug
Up to 300.000 Karmo (roughly 10 ETH worth) for an interesting bug
30.000 Karmo (roughly 1 ETH worth) for a small bug

Contracts: Github

Translation Bounty
13.000 Karmo (roughly 0.5 ETH worth) for a translation

Spanish translation done by freemind1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2050351.0
German translation done by haxxlega: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2067413.0
Hindi translation done by erikalui: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2069586.new#new
Italian translation done by cryptotum88: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2069688.0
Russian translation done by awallon: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2069785.0
Korean translation done by solidliquid: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2085604.0
Vietnamese translation done by boyprodn: https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17612
French translation done by elkmar: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2073572.new#new
Indonesian translation done by erickvand: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2120082.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ojackie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:23:40 PM

Dropping in to say hi as long-time passive lurker, forced into the open.

As a small non-technical addendum to the opening post: the Opakeco foundation is a registered non-profit in the Netherlands. We are required by law to submit all our finances, including any sort of value we possess, be it crypto or otherwise.
At the moment, we are hard at work to get all the technical bits up-and-running, verified and validated, so do stay tuned. In the mean time, any question is welcome.
Arpetuos

Activity: 212
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:43:42 PM

Hi,

It's interesting to finally decide where charity money goes. This is a humanistic and existentialist project.
I would love to give you my help by translating this thread in French.
PM me if you're interested in translation bounties.

Regards
me1507

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gon Totto

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:50:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 10:10:07 PM by me1507

medical supplies and other necessities -- this can range from building water wells

So this token is for charity, if i don't wrong to understand.
In which country you will focused your charity ?
And i don't get any information on your website, just a simple word : opakeco
the human foundation
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:54:49 PM

Code:

the human foundation

Hi!
Thanks for your interest in our foundation.
The website will be up and running later today.

To answer your question, we will leave it up to our token holders to decide which strategic goals to pursue.
We have our own relations within the charity sector, but they are diverse.. from Kenya to India.
So we don't have a specific country or project we focus on, we want to change the sector as a whole.

If you have any other questions let me know, I'll be happy to answer them.

*edit: Also we don't only focus on charity, we are aiming at all humanitarian causes.
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

This is a very interesting project, I want to translate it to japanese language if it is permitted. But I am interested to also invest in this project, is there a pre-sale price for this project? What will I get if I buy 1 ETH?
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

This is a very interesting project, I want to translate it to japanese language if it is permitted. But I am interested to also invest in this project, is there a pre-sale price for this project? What will I get if I buy 1 ETH?

Hi!
Really good to hear that you're interested!

We will pick up translations and corresponding bounties tommorow.
To contribute to our ICO, more details will follow on the website. But you will get 26.000 Karmo tokens for 1 ETH.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to hear from you.

ojackie

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 06:52:00 AM by ojackie

Code:

the human foundation

Site's just a placeholder for now -- the more expansive version should be up within a day at most.

Your question regarding which country/countries the charity itself is focused on is both easy and hard to answer: none.
These decisions reside on a strategic level, and these decisions are made by including everyone within the foundation and the community surrounding it.

I know quite a few Dutch humanitarian charities -- PAZHolandesa, for example, is a charity that focuses on Peruvian children with cleft lip/palate. A subject that hits close to home for me, because I grew up with family members with cleft lip, and know the struggle that surrounds it -- that are dear to me. Therefore I would want to put them up for consideration. Someone else in the community might know a different charity that is quite dear to them, and one that gathers more support and sympathy from everyone within Opakeco. In this case we would decide to help the latter.

So to clarify, the only real focus Opakeco has, is to better the people around us that don't have it as well as a large part of the world. That is a large segment, yes. For this we have everyone gathering together to decide and help.
danturner34776

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:09:26 PM

Any bounties?
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:11:53 PM

Any bounties?
Yeah, will elaborate on it tomorrow.
We will have a bug bounty and a bounty for translations
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:14:00 PM

Hi!

To contribute to our ICO, more details will follow on the website. But you will get 26.000 Karmo tokens for 1 ETH.

how much actually a pre-sale price dev? I like to go with 1 or 2 ETH for pre-sale price, and what first exchange actually this token will go. please pm me for it dev I really interested to do a small invest
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:28:08 PM

Hi!

how much actually a pre-sale price dev? I like to go with 1 or 2 ETH for pre-sale price, and what first exchange actually this token will go. please pm me for it dev I really interested to do a small invest

Hello!

I just PM'd you, unfortunately no pre-ico sales. We hope to see you contributing during our ICO though! Cheesy
ren-e

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:47:44 AM

Here another passive reader at the forum now switched to active. Enjoyed reading some of the discussions here, but sometimes a bit difficult reading through all the lambos and moon images.

Nearly all the projects here are only in for the financial benefit and with Opakeco we also hope to turn this around. I hope you enjoy our project and please let me know if you have any questions.
Grant Hero

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 06:00:33 AM

Out of curiosity, what is this restricted from US residents?  Is this because you are concerned about your token being classified as a security by the SEC?
ojackie

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:50:04 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 07:03:08 AM by ojackie

Out of curiosity, what is this restricted from US residents?  Is this because you are concerned about your token being classified as a security by the SEC?

Interesting question! This is correct, even though the Opakeco foundation has no legal way to have securities. In the Netherlands, a non-profit foundation has no form of securities; it is only run by board members and a chairman. However, the Opakeco Foundation has a somewhat interesting extra, that has no officially legal foothold: the tokens issued by the foundation can be used to vote for decisions that have legal repercussions. Effectively, this means that -- as long as the board of Opakeco performs its duties according to the democratic votes -- a token is akin to a share.

In the eyes of the SEC, the foundation is then a legal entity that is in a way selling securities without being registered with the SEC.

The ways to circumvent this would be to either
  • qualify for the exemptions listed under rules 504, 505 or 506 of Regulation D and apply with the SEC; or
  • perform a check to see whether anyone that is a US resident meets any of the SEC requirements of an accredited investor.

Unfortunately the foundation qualifies for none of the exemptions mentioned above, nor is it feasible (from both legal and decentralized standpoints) to perform the check.
Hopefully this clarifies our standpoint.
malspils

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

Hi,

When a Tsunami/earthquake strikes, will it be possible to create a fund (or whatever you call it) so these people get our help ASAP?
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:45:25 AM

Hi,

When a Tsunami/earthquake strikes, will it be possible to create a fund (or whatever you call it) so these people get our help ASAP?

Hello!

Interesting question!
There are several options to help people in immediate distress situations like you're describing.

1. With our platform you will be able to send aid with karmo tokens, through the humanitarian causes that are working with the Opakeco Foundation.
You will have full insight in what resources will be aqcuired with your tokens.

2. As a token holder, you can initiate a proposal which can be voted upon. (Example: Would like the foundation to focus resources on Tsunami at country X)

3. You will be able to set up a project/crowdfund Karmo tokens with other token holders.

The Foundation will focus on making sure everything is transparent and accountable, however we do not choose for what humanitarian cause the resources are spent.
You as a token holder will decide that.
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:59:41 AM

The intro video is looking cool and let good impression on me. This is first thing I like and second the diversity of team members which has different members belonging to different parts/origin of the world. I need to dig more before saying something that's why will keep reading about the project to reach at exact point.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:00:01 AM

Official website has no content there it seems that is under construction when it will be update with relevant material and team profile. Video presentation looking interesting and I think this is nice concept. Looking forward to hear some news about that.
Aki4real (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:20:32 AM

The intro video is looking cool and let good impression on me. This is first thing I like and second the diversity of team members which has different members belonging to different parts/origin of the world. I need to dig more before saying something that's why will keep reading about the project to reach at exact point.

Good to hear our video let a good impression behind!
We are indeed a very diverse team, both in origin and skills Smiley

If there are any questions, just let us know.

Official website has no content there it seems that is under construction when it will be update with relevant material and team profile. Video presentation looking interesting and I think this is nice concept. Looking forward to hear some news about that.

Yes, it currently is a placeholder. We will update the website later today.
Nice to hear you like the our concept.

If you think there we need to have more relevant material apart for the whitepaper on the website by then, we welcome your feedback.
And ofcourse, if you have questions please let us know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: