Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evolution of Money  (Read 471 times)
D2Entertainment (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:22:58 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 03:51:01 PM by D2Entertainment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:37:59 AM

Money has already evolved several times in human history and will continue to evolve in the future. We started from animal skins to beads and feathers to precious metals and gems to paper and cards. And obviously the next phase has already begun from the creation of bitcoin. This is unstoppable.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:00:48 AM

Money has already evolved several times in human history and will continue to evolve in the future. We started from animal skins to beads and feathers to precious metals and gems to paper and cards. And obviously the next phase has already begun from the creation of bitcoin. This is unstoppable.

I agree with that, well we started with just stick and stones. As years go by people tend to find ways on how to make everything convenient. Then, there comes fiat money. But, as we progress keeping your money is becoming more convenient, there's the plastic money. And, now we even have the cryptocurrencies. Who knows how money will be like in the future.
D2Entertainment (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:48:02 PM

Great input.  Systems of currency have been around forever.  But I think the problem with them, in any implementation, is the reliance on and cost to humans in order to maintain the system. Technology has the means to remove human effort and error from the equation, it's mostly just a matter of proving the implementation (getting that trust level built up) and making the interface easier to use on day to day basis.

But, that will no doubt happen.  And as it does, I think we'll find people all around the world are wanting to participate in this global economy. With cheaper methods of creating,  storing, and transferring around our individual and cumulative value... I can see borders completely disappearing and an extreme change occurring across the globe.  There will still be bad actors, because that won't just disappear from the gene pool, but I think that we'll largely be able to transition society away from centralized governments and huge central corporations and instead govern ourselves with a truer form of democracy and in which everyone has a less costly and more rewarding experience.

A government that is not relied upon to operate and maintain every single aspect of our financial economy - and all of the rules and laws and wasted time and effort that goes along with trying to maintain that harmony - is one that can instead focus on what's more important to the people they're governing. This applies globally.

Blockchain should allow every level of society across the globe to operate at a fraction of what it costs today.  We should be entering an era of extreme abundance and one in which traditional economic warfare disappears and we instead pool our collective efforts to build up the neglected parts of the world so that they're able to participate in and enjoy the abundance as well.
D2Entertainment (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

I don't really go into this in my initial draft but the underlying assertion is really that governments and other extremely powerful entities of today will pretty much be gone by tomorrow. Tomorrow in the sense of the human timeline. We just don't need them.  At least, not in the sense that they're currently relied upon. That's too much money and power tied up in too few entities for our population.

It might not be for 10, 20 years or more, but the point is that it's coming up very quickly with the foundation that we have set and technology that has always tended toward advancing much faster than people even predicted it would.

I can see this happening, or at least really beginning to show, within the next 5-8 years probably. Hopefully the wealthy players around today's world will have been able to make some significant strides in infrastructure investments in 3rd world countries by then. We really do want everyone to be able to participate and thrive in this coming age of prosperity.

I think this will inevitably also pretty much eradicate war across Earth. In the physical sense, of course. Physical war will be too costly in such a flourishing economy. Now economic warfare... I could see people fighting for market space for sure. But that's good and healthy if the population is able to choose according to what works best for them.

Smaller, interconnected self-governing pockets of humanity across the globe.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

Like evolution of monkey, evolution of money is a hoax. The only reason you are trapped by it is that you believe in it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
enabledogarmy85

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:26:17 AM

If people don't see BTC or cyptos like an example then i don't know what's wrong with them.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:53:05 AM

In Philippines we evolve in money by not using coins that much and use paper money
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:53:21 AM

Non-cash money is certainly a step forward, but when the state will go completely cashless in addition to the convenience it will bring the risk of falling under total control of the government. We may further lose the freedom of our costs.
earthpocket

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:46:05 PM

It will happen someday, but i think i won't live long enough to see it.
D2Entertainment (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:35:53 PM

Non-cash money is certainly a step forward, but when the state will go completely cashless in addition to the convenience it will bring the risk of falling under total control of the government. We may further lose the freedom of our costs.

That's about the most beautiful part of all of this!  It can only be "controlled" by the government in accordance with how capable they are to actually enforce an arbitrary, not necessarily fair set of rules.  One where they skim money off the top at every level of movement...

But once your "money" is in the digital realm, they've got no control over what happens to it. It can move ALL AROUND the entire digital world and they can't touch it, try to tax it, try to steal it from you, etc.

Put differently, governments can control what happens within their borders - at least to the extent that they're actually able to govern, regulate, and capitalize on what happens within their borders.  Exchanges that deal in fiat money are the perfect example. They can charge fees to convert to and from fiat dollars.  But they can't control what you do with those currencies of value in the digital realm. 

Any price controls that they attempt to impose can be superseded directly by the people in any given market/community/economy.
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:11:24 AM

Money is very important for us to ensure material and spiritual life. Today's society thrives on and thrives in harmony all even destroying human morality. Through each stage, different value for money. Money in Vietnam is depreciating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: