I posted my max hash rate for my Core i7 on Windows 7 at https://www.bitcoin.org/wiki/doku.php?id=bitcoin_miners#khash_rate_reports
just now. Maxes out around 2,450 khashes/sec.
Something odd, though:
- Start Bitcoin (GUI or headless mode) with no CPU limit
- After connect, performance goes to about ~2400khashes/sec
- After about 10 seconds, performance drops to ~1350khashes/sec, and stays there
- Change CPU limit to 1, then back to unlimited
- Behavior above repeats itself
Anyone else seeing this? I tried shutting down other programs, but it didn't make any difference.