Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the transaction price of bitcoin so high?  (Read 1831 times)
Proton2233 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:52:04 AM

Why the transaction price of bitcoin so high? I honestly do not understand the reasons for such prices. All say that this is a fee to miners, but how much time need to a regular PC made all the necessary calculations, and their equipment is much faster. Can somebody explain why the transaction price is high, but if you take part in mining the minimal income?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:57:22 AM

because they are not high at all.
you have either never made a bitcoin transaction in last month or anytime before 2017 or you are using a horrible bitcoin wallet that is giving you bad advice for bitcoin fees.

currently you can make a transaction with lowest fee possible (some even reported 1 satoshi/byte) and get it confirmed in next block.

#EmptyMempool

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:25:07 AM

I recently listed 0,07 bitcoin and paid for the translation 0,0009 bitcoin. I do not know is expensive or not. It seems to me that it is not too much, but if I transferred a smaller amount then the transfer fee would be the same, and this is a problem for those who want to shop in web stores.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:31:46 AM

The reason transaction price is high because the value of bitcoin has increased and also there are many new investors which slows the network and transactions with high fees will always be given priority.
If you have your coins on a wallet or any exchange you can't decide the fees as coinbase has a fixed fees , xapo has 2 options faster speed or standard fees , and default fees for all exchanges is 0.001 except for poloneix which is 0.0001. If you want to save fees the only way is using your own wallet and you can check the fees here : https://bitcoinfees.21.co. Don't keep it too low the transaction may end up never getting confirmed.
secdark

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

I recently listed 0,07 bitcoin and paid for the translation 0,0009 bitcoin. I do not know is expensive or not. It seems to me that it is not too much, but if I transferred a smaller amount then the transfer fee would be the same, and this is a problem for those who want to shop in web stores.

if you transfer a bitcoin you should transfer a big one because if you transfer small one the fee is the same and nothing we can do with that sort of in big amount of bitcoin transfer it will add up but not really big. Unlike those days that you cant feel the fee you can send all you want but not it is not. When it comes to online, the buyer will always shoulder about the fee and nothing we can do about it

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:55:34 AM

I dont know also why the transaction of bitcoin is very compared to the last few years the fee is only 20k satoshi even you sent high amount. Today the amount of fee is depends how much you send and thats not good for us. And take note high fees plus slow confirm the transaction thats not good performance i hope the fee will become again 20k because if the price of bitcoin increase the fee ofcoarse will decrease that what I want happen.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:01:40 AM

Why the transaction price of bitcoin so high? I honestly do not understand the reasons for such prices. All say that this is a fee to miners, but how much time need to a regular PC made all the necessary calculations, and their equipment is much faster. Can somebody explain why the transaction price is high, but if you take part in mining the minimal income?

Where have you living dude? Under the rock? Bitcoin transaction fee has been expensive before but now the network spam has stop so the transaction fee is beginning to lower as well. So to prioritized your transaction, you have to pay a high fee, but if you are not in a hurry, then pay transaction that you can afford, but just be ready to wait for long confirmation. You can go here to check what is the latest minimum transaction fee you can use:

https://bitcoinfees.21.co

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:06:15 AM

I think fees is reasonable as of this moment. Also with the activation of Segwitx2, we expect that the transaction is faster and with having low fees. We have yet to witness after August 1 maybe or are they started already?
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

You don't know whether what you paid is high or not, yet you opened a thread for that purpose? I will suggest you compare the amount you paid now to similar payment some weeks back when the noise about transaction fees was the highest then you know whether its high or not. Similarly, I made some transactions some days back in which I paid the lowest fee and it confirms within 10 minutes which I feel is very fair to the miners compared to those high days.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:09:47 AM

Bitcoin transactions are in high demand now. If the network currently stays the way it is now right, we can only see the fee rising. Right now we all can just hope for proper scaling solution which is on its way for getting faster and cheaper transactions.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Anno MMXVI

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

For me it is so high because the Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic cartel is spamming the network in order to enforce their proposals, which are mainly destroying Core and increasing the blocksize limit.
Samueltalk

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:25:14 AM

High bitcoin transaction costs will be easier to confirm if you make transactions because the miners will be easier to break the block. Conversely, if the cheap transaction fee will make your transaction will require some confirmation, because the miners are difficult in breaking the block.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:31:17 AM

That is because you are going to be prioritize in the transaction traffic and regarding to upgrade of the system this coming August 1 there will be a event called segwit and it is the solution for the delay and traffic of the transaction, I think after that the transactions will be fast again and will gonna have a low fee.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:33:21 AM

This just shows that there are still a lot of bitcoin users who do not know how miners fee works and how it is computed and adjusted according to mempool. I think there is already tons of threads here discussing that so i will not explain it here anymore. But i advice op to at least learn the basics of bitcoin so he won't be surprised about this things.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:33:32 AM

Basically bitcoin is a victim of its own popularity. The more people join the network, the quicker the blocks get full. Each block can only contain a fixed amount of transactions, which means that during times of high network congestion (lots of transactions happening), fees will rise as the miners can only fit only an X amount of transactions. In such cases they also pick the transactions with the highest fees, this cause more delays and slow conformations. Fortunately Segwit2X is here, hopefully all that will be ancient history in 2018, otherwise we can forget about mass adoption with these high fees

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:11:12 PM

For me it is so high because the Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Classic cartel is spamming the network in order to enforce their proposals, which are mainly destroying Core and increasing the blocksize limit.

Mempool have just a few backlogs compared to last couple of months were it experience a lot of bottlenecks because someone is spamming the network to cause traffic and to slow the network down. And as far as the fees, I think its fair that we are paying miners to make our transactions. So in order to "prioritize" it, certain fees must be incurred. This is the reason why we have Segwit to increase the blocksize. To ease the network so that bitcoin transaction can be quick will a minimum fee to pay.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:16:46 PM

No one is spamming the network. This was the case 2-3 months ago but after NYA it stopped.
This is the amount of unconfirmed transactions in the last 60 days:

Right now OP is wrong. Network congestion is low and the fees are perfectly normal. You can choose to pay a lower fee and your transaction will still be confirmed, which was not the case 2 months ago.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

I don't think the transaction price fee right now is high at all, it is actually the right amount compared to its price a couple months ago. I'm not sure with the exchange site you are in but on our countrys' exchange site the transaction has an option to choose low, medium and high. Low for exchanges with low miners fee and takes around 4 hrs max to withdraw your money, medium for around an hour and high would be the highest with a much faster transaction rate and would withdraw almost right then and there but would cost around 0.001 miners fee.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:58:42 PM

I use for my coins Xapo. Today I sent payment. Chose a low priority to save money. The price was a little lower than 0.001 bitcoin and the transaction confirmation came after 4 minutes. Why then choose a high priority?
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:59 PM

Many wallets and services offer very narrow fee size options, so you could be actually overpaying fees if the load on Bitcoins network is low. This is usually done to protect users from using low fees that would make their transactions stuck or even rejected. Try to always check https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ to chose the most optimal fees when you send a transaction. This site shows fees in satoshi/byte, so you need to know the number of inputs and outputs of your transaction, and then use the formula (in*180 + out*34 + 10) to get your size in bytes.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██