Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner .  (Read 21884 times)
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:13:17 AM

Did fbi become crazy these days? They closed alphabay and hansa, not only these one, btc-e also. (probably this as op says but still can't understand, is arrested man owner lf btc-e or bitmixet or both together? Very, very strange facts at the same time).
Directbet, bitmixer, alphabay, btc-e (problems) what the hell is happening? Why are leaders leaving their places? seems bad

Personally I've been expecting the G-men to clean house for years now. Idk about Directbet, but I definitely think the DNM/Bitmixer/BTC-E closures are definitely tied together. As well as SEC now looking into ICO's, this was something I've been waiting for since they declared Bitcoin as taxable property.

The only one that hasn't truly been confirmed yet is Bitmixer, and there's reason to believe Dream market is compromised too. I'd imagine things will come to light about these places soon as well.

I think they did all their investigations over the last 3 years and made sure their arrests all coincided in order to have the maximum effect on the network as a whole. They are simply cleaning house.

I like to think of it as a good thing, it might temporarily drop the price of bitcoin, but long term it means that bitcoin is becoming more mainstream due to the bad actors being weeded out. This leaves only the exchanges/businesses that are regulated and do things on the right side of the law, something that we all should appreciate.

Earthness2000

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:32:07 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 12:47:44 AM by Earthness2000

i think this is all bullshit , the guy is bilionaire he can fake this news all over the net there is some picture of two junkies holding a russian guy , and btc-e still tweeting , if this peice of shit he is captured by us gov then the website  it might be a shit like this one http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/15/article-0-0BA5DC8700000578-651_468x338.jpg , btc-e is just a ponzi long term , last tweet 6h ago :
We are still continue to perform our unscheduled ongoing maintenance.  Will keep you updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

whene you see maintenance it means a ponzi scam , Wink take a look at their tweeter account : https://twitter.com/btcecom (wich it might be seized aswell by gov) they started to pack and run away from 12 jul by providing more traps see :

BTC-E‏ @btcecom  12 juil.
We are happy to annouce that we have added a service of coin exchange to cash with a delivery to 20 new countries for your convenience

BTC-E‏ @btcecom  20 juil.
LTC withdrawals are temporary halted due to high load on the network

Due to possible risks, from 25.07.2017 to 15.08.2017 we increase the number of confirmations required for Bitcoin deposit from 3 to 6
Unplanned maintenance in data center, possible problems with access to btc-e
Due to technical work in the btc-e data center, #btce may be temporarily unavailable

Our engineers are still looking into the issue in data center. We hope to get back online soon. Will continue to keep you updated
note if the site is down by gov , every user might receive his funds , gov never steal users how the hell the users know that the owner was cybercrime artist , so tomorrow paypal's owner will be caught and all users lost their funds ...
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:43:27 AM

Did fbi become crazy these days? They closed alphabay and hansa, not only these one, btc-e also. (probably this as op says but still can't understand, is arrested man owner lf btc-e or bitmixet or both together? Very, very strange facts at the same time).
Directbet, bitmixer, alphabay, btc-e (problems) what the hell is happening? Why are leaders leaving their places? seems bad

Anonymity / pseudonymity are bad words in the dictionary of governments. There seems to be targeted action against companies whose backers are not known. I am not sure if it is good for the Bitcoin economy.
noobinscrypt

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:47:51 AM

dont understand why so much pressure on these dnm and what not. like already the us dolla is used more than anything for things ppl "shouldnt" have. then in the end the legit users of btce and other places have to worry about the cash gone. sadly they are now saying 5-10 days.... i really hope it comes back....
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:51:04 AM

fam maybe BTC-e going down is expected, suppose that you have put any fund in it, you have been scammed by those exchange. that's why shouldn't have put your fund into those exchange. btw i was not in aware in the BTC-e so i don't get them all by guarantee.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:45:38 AM

This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This.

Are they the World Police or what? It should be the Japanese police, through interpol, if stolen Gox funds are laundered.

I guess it is the same reason they want Europe to stop North Stream pipeline. Economic warfare to get rid of competition, and have US exchanges control the market  Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 02:19:05 AM

Reminds me of what happened with the Liberty Reserve. That one was also run by the Russians, and the FBI closed it down. The American authorities are removing any competition for the banksters by taking down ventures such as Liberty Reserve and BTC-e.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:23:17 AM

This is ridiculous. The Americans have detained a Russian citizen in Greece, for running a Bitcoin operation from Bulgaria. Now they want him deported to the United States. WTF? Why the Americans can't mind their own business.

This is for the good cause of the world. Such criminal acts are not to be encourage. I am also one of the affected victim as i still have some coins in the exchange but justice still need to be served and it is right that we capture the culprit. I would see this as an international effort to work together successful. It is so extremely hard to make this raid a success.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 03:26:54 AM

This is for the good cause of the world. Such criminal acts are not to be encourage. I am also one of the affected victim as i still have some coins in the exchange but justice still need to be served and it is right that we capture the culprit. I would see this as an international effort to work together successful. It is so extremely hard to make this raid a success.

Are you high on weed? Is setting up a Bitcoin exchange a criminal activity? Most probably Alexander Vinnik had no idea that the stolen Mt Gox coins were being traded through his site. This is another pathetic attempt by the Americans to remove competition to the bankers.
odez999

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:17:53 AM

Erm /....

Greece .. How appropriate Cheesy

What happened with "Goldman Sachs legal action from Greece over the complex financial deals in 2001 that many blame for its subsequent debt crisis."  Huh

*How Goldman Sachs Profited From the Greek Debt Crisis
The investment bank made millions by helping to hide the true extent of the debt, and in the process almost doubled it.

Last time I checked Goldman Sachs was alive and kicking Cheesy

Well played Greece well played ....NOT !!!

Alexander Vinnik may the force be with you .... :-)
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:32:14 AM

Reminds me of what happened with the Liberty Reserve. That one was also run by the Russians, and the FBI closed it down. The American authorities are removing any competition for the banksters by taking down ventures such as Liberty Reserve and BTC-e.
On some cases, i do agree with you.
yes it is competition, taking down some of financial virtual money authorizes will removing their competitor.
News published Alexander Vinnik has been related about allege laundered "$4 billion in cash...through a bitcoin platform since 2011." "Vinnik, according to reports, was detained for money laundering, conspiracy and transacting in cash obtained through illegal means. US authorities are reportedly seeking to extradite him based on a warrant drafted earlier this year in California"
https://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-connected-bitcoin-money-laundering-arrest-greece
its been 6 years, why need waiting take so long and its happened coming august.
congratulations US, at future, you will take all btc people money to your wallet  Cheesy
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 04:40:40 AM

See the media reports. Vinnik is accused of laundering $4 billion in cash through BTC-e. That amount is the entire trade volume of BTC-e. So the American authorities think that every single user (including me) of BTC-e engages in money laundering. We must act against this.
muraqaba

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:38:46 AM

im just curious how and if you had why would you launder 4 billion dollars?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

See the media reports. Vinnik is accused of laundering $4 billion in cash through BTC-e. That amount is the entire trade volume of BTC-e. So the American authorities think that every single user (including me) of BTC-e engages in money laundering. We must act against this.

Even though it may seem so, I still haven't found any sort of article explicitly stating that it is in fact BTC-E that has been used for said accusations. I am however glad that the server(s) haven't (at least, it seems so) been compromised by the authorities. In terms of people's funds, if the authorities seized everything related to BTC-E, people will have a very hard time seeing even a penny back. Investigation alone could take years due to the size of this 'scandal', and another thing, if people will be offered an opportunity to withdraw their funds, they will likely have to fully verify themselves in order to get back what is theirs. That way the authorities can precisely see who and what sort of people are involved in using this exchange.

Edit; it seems that after reading the latest articles BTC-E does indeed get mentioned.
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 923

fly or die

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:25:34 AM

You can lookup Poloniex right here (and whoever else, assuming they have MSB's).. https://www.fincen.gov/msb-registrant-search

Poloniex says:

MSB Registration Number: 31000091844018
Registration Type: Corrected Report, Re-registration
Legal Name: Poloniex, Inc.
DBA Name:
Street Address: 1013 Centre Rd, Suite 403-B
City: Wilmington
State: DELAWARE
Zip: 19801
MSB Activities:
 Money transmitter, Other
States of MSB Activities:
 Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia,
 Federated States Of Micronesia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
 Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Marshall Islands, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
 Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma,
 Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah,
 Vermont, Virgin Islands, US, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

All States & Territories & Foreign Flag: Foreign
Number of Branches:
Authorized Signature Date: 08/29/2016
Received Date: 08/30/2016

Poloniex doesn't deal in fiat so that probably helps their case.
Pe4kin

Activity: 462
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:30:53 AM

How interesting!!!! Great idea!!!
If I find bitcoins that were stolen from someone. Made or purchasing of drugs.
I can come to your house and all you take away?

Wow!!! As well!!!
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:33:08 AM

I read the news site that the owner of BTC-E Alexander Vinnik was arrested for money laundering. While I have saved some of my altcoin there over an enormous amount. I hope there is a policy from the BTC E to return all our money still stuck there. Or do you all think it will be forfeited?
jedaite

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:44:11 AM

I have no money in BTC-E, but found this post on reddit.

submitted 8 hours ago by jetrbc

No its NOT. DO NOT PANIC Question is why they wouldn't run at this time? 1-They earning very good money everyday, more than 1M USD per day (Avarage) 2- Company worth Millions of dollar based on their income. 3- Most of people took their money out of any exchanges already. being ready for 1 August. 4- 26/07/2017 was a very quiet market day. They could do it on 21/07/2017 with 10 times more coins and volume or even a day after. 5- They've never got hacked as they are secure ( Hacked Once for a little money outside exchange ) and learned lots of lesson from other Exchanges (Or they might be hackers by themselves ) and much more.

So its quiet clear that they have never had EXIT and RUN strategy, No one hacked them and stole money from them aswell. So Why they are offline now ? Its very Simple story .... Alexander Vinnik Was the CEO or one of the co-admins of BTC-E. He has been arrested just before website down on 25/07/2017. BTC-E just Panicked about this and turned it off immediately. We all know that maintenance for EXCHANGE website not gonna take 10 days. They just temporary disabled the website as they don't know what to do now. they are also trying to buy some times to see what will gonna happen to their CEO.

A good News is : CEO of the BTC-E is under control of FBI, he can not run with peoples money. BTC-E now deciding a best way to face this problem ... They are Smart and They will not gonna make things worse than this and I'm pretty sure that they will reopen the website very soon, They have lost their CEO or ADMIN , but they will not going to lost BTC-E Company which one of the biggest BTC market worth millions of dollar. They are one of the oldest and biggest market. So GUYS do not PANIC, every thing gonna be fine. Share and TWEET This and let others know. I have also Joined Telegram Group btcecom_eng , you guys can join I would really be happy to read your comment about this.
Gluestack

Activity: 160

Tortle Ninja

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 08:53:56 AM

This is part of a continious operation to clean al the crypto scene.if  I had BTC on that exchange I wont count on recover it without explaining where that BTC came. They are trying to push all the exchanges to be registered and to KYC with all they customers.
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 923

fly or die

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:03:44 AM

No, they are trying to kill cryptocurrencies that are threatening US power gained thanks to controlling the dollar.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: