Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner .  (Read 21884 times)
Pe4kin

Activity: 462
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:14:55 PM

Sadly these kind of news are very bad for bitcoin & altcoin reputation. Now lot of Russian people will be biased about cryptocurrencies. And lot of people lost money.

The exchange is a trifle!
America wants that all it was her! Russia is a different country. She and America can take!

http://www.rosbalt.ru/world/2017/07/28/1634374.html

So stock up on popcorn and watch... 
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:16:03 PM

they will be back in 5-10 days according to their latest tweet, i don't think they will be coming back. rip btce.

Update2: Ha дaнный мoмeнт вeдyтcя paбoты пo вoccтaнoвлeнию paбoты cepвиca. Пpимepныe cpoки oт 5 дo 10 днeй. Cпacибo зa пoнимaниe #btce

translation
At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate time of 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding #btce

I wonder if they want down on purpose to keep all BTC there so they can withdraw the BCC under their own addresses.

Because if they let everyone take their BTCout now they wouldn't make as much BCCfrom taking everyones.

Interesting!

i got like 3ETHlocked up there... not much, but I hope i get it back.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:33:11 PM

they will be back in 5-10 days according to their latest tweet, i don't think they will be coming back. rip btce.

Update2: Ha дaнный мoмeнт вeдyтcя paбoты пo вoccтaнoвлeнию paбoты cepвиca. Пpимepныe cpoки oт 5 дo 10 днeй. Cпacибo зa пoнимaниe #btce

translation
At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate time of 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding #btce

I wonder if they want down on purpose to keep all BTC there so they can withdraw the BCC under their own addresses.

Because if they let everyone take their BTCout now they wouldn't make as much BCCfrom taking everyones.

Interesting!

i got like 3ETHlocked up there... not much, but I hope i get it back.

their clients will see no funds back. let's cut the shit with sci-fi scenarios that BTC-e will be back and so on Smiley

the owners that are still free, will take the pot and they will live the rest of their lives without doing nothing (only eat, drink, girls and vacations)
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:36:13 PM

this is viral now on all crypto community. If money cannot back from all traders expect a blood for all crypto since BTC-e is top 10 in all trading site in the world and have a high volume of BTC.  the most worst part of scenario here is dump from Ether know I actually hitting us  and I know 1 on the most popular investment trading site have invested money here.  But let's some little bit of hope cause the founder/owner arrested
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:51:05 PM

At first I received this news, I dared not believe it and thought it was a false news
But when I realized it was the right news to see it on national television, I was so upset, 80% of my Bitcoin was there, if the wedsite closed forever I would cry a lot.
God, hope something good comes back
onlyforthisaccount

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:03:36 PM

I got my account blocked 3 weeks prior to BTCE GOX for getting my email hacked.  All I wanted was to get my money out of there asap.  I lost all my funds. Not much but 5k still hurts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2040510.new#new
quicklynx

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

$30k hit here.

Hurts, but only a fraction of what I lost in Gox.

Guess I should've learned my lesson.

At work so haven't gone through this thread yet. I guess I'll have to get posted on the class action thing or claim process for this one as well.

If it hasn't been posted in this thread yet had anyone started any planning?

Thanks
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:39:14 PM

what people should think about it's that many other exchangers are in the same position as BTC-e .

do not use unlicensed exchangers or use them and don't complain if your funds will be lost or seized Smiley

few of these exchangers are based in USA. they are next.

Seemingly not all other exchanges kept washin' stolen Mt.Gox Bitcoins.

I think that's been a rather rare case, wouldn't it be? What do you think?
quicklynx

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:47:40 PM

At first I received this news, I dared not believe it and thought it was a false news
But when I realized it was the right news to see it on national television, I was so upset, 80% of my Bitcoin was there, if the wedsite closed forever I would cry a lot.
God, hope something good comes back

If it makes you feel any better I, and a good friend of mine, lost over a million worth in Gox, and we have recovered.

We continued to invest, mine, and limit how much we keep in exchanges, hence only losing $30k in this one.

Start searching multi millionaires and billionaires and look at how many times they've gone bankrupt, lost everything, and bounced back to get to where they are today.

Keep your head up. They can take your money, but remember what's truly important. Family, friends, etc..

Hit the gym hard. Do things that they can't take from you.

Stay posted. This will be a long drawn out process but there may be hope to get your coins back.
Mr.Coin

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:08:56 PM

If there servers are in Russia there's a good chance they're moving them.  I'm really hoping for everyone in my situation.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:27:58 PM

BTC-e shit is down     LOL  

I warned about BTC-e(and many like them) since years ago... Smiley    

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-suspect-idUSKBN1AB1VR

BTC value will drop for sure  Smiley
If the owner of this website was arrested, I think it bodes bad news for the entire bitcoin community, what if the government suddenly decides to bust other exchanges. I believe a time will come that governments will outlaw the uses of bitcoins due to money laundering and its use for other vices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 09:57:10 PM

I doubt it ^. Fiat is used for corruption just the same. I think it's fantastic to see the crypto world not really get affected by btc-e like it would have say 3-4 years ago (price would have definitely gox'd).

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13017

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:20:36 PM

When Liberty Reserve was shut down, apparently you were supposed to contact the office of the lead prosecutor to get your money back. I suppose it'll be similar in this case (if the Feds actually took the money rather than the remaining btc-e operators). You can probably expect them to demand every shred of info you possess, though...

For the millionth time, you should not store money in Bitcoin banks! They get shut down, they get hacked, their owners run away with the money, etc. When you have money in an account like this, you should think of it as basically already gone -- maybe you'll be able to withdraw it, but until you actually do, it's someone else's money.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:23:52 PM

I got my account blocked 3 weeks prior to BTCE GOX for getting my email hacked.  All I wanted was to get my money out of there asap.  I lost all my funds. Not much but 5k still hurts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2040510.new#new
As soon as I saw your post it bought back memories of Mt.Gox.
Funny how you mention it in the same breath as this BTC-e incident they have now.
Wasn't it the same guy who stole from Mt.Gox or who had ties with it as well?

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Mbokani

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:24:27 PM

Hopefully we are able to withdraw the money stored in that exchange,this is the problem we have to encounter in the crypto platform because we never know whether they are doing legitimate business or not,it is really a sad thing to digest these things.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:33:26 PM

When Liberty Reserve was shut down, apparently you were supposed to contact the office of the lead prosecutor to get your money back. I suppose it'll be similar in this case (if the Feds actually took the money rather than the remaining btc-e operators). You can probably expect them to demand every shred of info you possess, though...

For the millionth time, you should not store money in Bitcoin banks! They get shut down, they get hacked, their owners run away with the money, etc. When you have money in an account like this, you should think of it as basically already gone -- maybe you'll be able to withdraw it, but until you actually do, it's someone else's money.

Well they said they will give money back to users but they never did. I've lost approx 8000 USD in liberty reserve but In this case I don't think they have seized btc-e bitcoins or any other currency. Their cold wallet might be in a safe place, but bitcoins are moved I guess.

However in any case I am pretty sure that no one will get anything back.

urwhatuknow

Activity: 446

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:45:35 PM

Hopefully we are able to withdraw the money stored in that exchange,this is the problem we have to encounter in the crypto platform because we never know whether they are doing legitimate business or not,it is really a sad thing to digest these things.

Every user knows the truth behind this exchange. You take risks if you agonna to trade on this exchange. So no more excuses pls Wink

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Every user knows the truth behind this exchange. You take risks if you agonna to trade on this exchange. So no more excuses pls Wink

Yeah I don't see anyone getting anything back, ever.  I realize it sucks, but it's the price you pay risking your BTC on shady exchanges. Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Nicolas Tesla

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:49:32 PM

$30k hit here.

Hurts, but only a fraction of what I lost in Gox.

Guess I should've learned my lesson.

At work so haven't gone through this thread yet. I guess I'll have to get posted on the class action thing or claim process for this one as well.

If it hasn't been posted in this thread yet had anyone started any planning?

Thanks

Hi, Lost 22  BTC and 5 K USD sitting there... When government arrest of what they designed criminals and create more victims in the process...  Roll Eyes

The need of decentralized exchanges and privacy technologies such as Confidential Transactions and CoinJoin is urgent not that stupid blocksize increase !
bobolin

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:24:41 AM

I, like all ppl here, is losting btc/funding more or less from BTC-E now( 150K $ ). Someone like me are innocent of criminal, we just buy and sell for investment.

Actually, I used btc-e since 2014, never think it would shut down like today. Last month I deposited 150K to BTC-E, and waited to buy at the lower price.  However, when I want to buy/sell 4 days ago, I realized that some bad thing happen. But I still think BTC-E will handle since i used some years.

I still have hope.

I still have to live in real life and do what I should do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: