Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner .  (Read 21884 times)
TroubleBuddy

Activity: 77
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:31:33 PM

How valid could be filing up a lawsuit against USA officials? I've heard they did seized BTC-e site against the law, since BTC-e supposedly did not operate on their servers.
Xubu

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:41:19 PM

How valid could be filing up a lawsuit against USA officials? I've heard they did seized BTC-e site against the law, since BTC-e supposedly did not operate on their servers.
Then they have too free Vinnik, if that is true.
l33tn00b

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:43:14 PM

Yet bankofamerica.com and us.hsbc.com are still up after laundering $billions for the most brutal narco cartels in the world.

Weird huh?

Never invest more than you can afford to lose!
Xubu

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:46:07 PM

What about people who have FIAT Currency on BTC-E, will they loose it? Imagine you have 100K over there  Huh ?
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:38:39 PM

Sad Sad Sad Cry guys are there any way to get those money back  ? my years hard earned money is there  Cry Cry , all my freelancing projects , all sleepless night's fees gone  Sad Sad what to do now ? I kept there all bitcoin for trading to increase them  Cry Cry .. now i am lost , crying 

NO. there is no way.

The question is : why did you use a such exchanger instead of a licensed one? Smiley
karan1498

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:21:48 PM

this is so much sad man! Sad

they've  got a reason , but they cannot take innocent peoples money! or who knows whose innocent ?

damn cruel world
pizamoi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

I'm glad these crooks are getting arrested. I do hope however that the police will ensure people can get their coins back so they aren't stuck on a dead exchange.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:40:19 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 08:02:25 PM by Granxis

This is a very sad situation, they are shaking the confidence of bitcoine, but still at the level of $ 2700, the thief is caught in Greece, I will receive a heavy penalty.

There was $ 4,000 on my account. I thought it is DDoS attack, until 1 August. It was the oldest site I trust.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

At first I was upset and thinking that the Americans have overstepped their jurisdiction. But now it seems that they were right in arresting Alexander Vinnik. WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:00:51 PM

This behaviour  has to change, i dont support the abusive USA does forces into any situation, but at this stage for bitcoin is very important that criminals go jail, and a lot people does remember Mt Gox robbery and lost a lot with those and no one were able to find the destiny, since i do believe a mixer service has been used, the punishement to this guy will be an example.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:08:14 PM

This behaviour  has to change, i dont support the abusive USA does forces into any situation, but at this stage for bitcoin is very important that criminals go jail, and a lot people does remember Mt Gox robbery and lost a lot with those and no one were able to find the destiny, since i do believe a mixer service has been used, the punishement to this guy will be an example.

many other exchangers are doing the same. check their websites and see if most of them are regulated.

check the so called "important ones". you will find 4-5 which are in good standing... the rest of them are like BTC-e.

there is only one way to make them disappear, do not use them.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:38:59 PM

At first I was upset and thinking that the Americans have overstepped their jurisdiction. But now it seems that they were right in arresting Alexander Vinnik. WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.

But in the process of busting up some money laundering from 2012 (I don't see actual evidence or charges of computer intrusion, just links to stolen inputs), they have basically guaranteed massive customer losses for the exchange's user base. And given that the feds basically painted the entire customer base as criminals, it doesn't sound like there is going to be any recovery for victims--even if they did seize funds, and they made no announcement of that.

And if they didn't seize funds, it's just lose-lose for everyone. Because what makes the most sense, unfortunately, is for the owners to go into hiding and exit scam. Trying to relaunch with fiat channels cut off and an FBI target on your back? That's just not sensible.

It's pretty embarrassing for the feds if they couldn't recover any money from all this...
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:55:55 PM

Funny if this was a real life bank they couldn't actually do something like this.

If they seized BTCE it's essentially a LEGAL bank heist. While the owner might've been doing something illegal, there are plenty of people with assets on BTCE who are doing completely legal things. You can't just take everyone's money from a bank and then not give two shits. That's actually worse then whatever the owner was doing. Since government knows almost nothing about cryptos I'm sure people involved who are just normal users are never getting their assets back and it'll be sold for a fraction of the price at some sort of weird ass impromptu local auction.

But cause it's crypto, it's legal or something. I guess that's the kinda world we live in right now.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:10:39 PM

WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.

I saw only drawing made in Adobe.

Yes it is cool drawing. I can make more like that.

Its no evidence,but I guess american court will be pushed by federals to get Vinnik guilty.

We still have a small hope from Greece side. Maybe he will be not extradicted.

Its a lot of money and government sized only domain name. Its basicaly is chance to reanimate Btce founds if Vinnik will be free. But sounds unrealisticly.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:16:14 PM

Funny if this was a real life bank they couldn't actually do something like this.

If they seized BTCE it's essentially a LEGAL bank heist. While the owner might've been doing something illegal, there are plenty of people with assets on BTCE who are doing completely legal things. You can't just take everyone's money from a bank and then not give two shits. That's actually worse then whatever the owner was doing. Since government knows almost nothing about cryptos I'm sure people involved who are just normal users are never getting their assets back and it'll be sold for a fraction of the price at some sort of weird ass impromptu local auction.

But cause it's crypto, it's legal or something. I guess that's the kinda world we live in right now.

True. They ,federals told that all BTC circulated on this exchange is an object to investigation,because all this BTC comes from hacked MtGox.

Cool story,very simple and for average Joe sounds like true.

But ofc its bullshit, BTCE weakness was like it operated in 3rd country by citizen of 3rd country.

Vinnik and his business was not protected by residence country.

I mean USA cant just seize for example Huobi or OKCoin which is operated by China citizens in China. I doubt they could seize servers from Vinnik if they were in Russia.

So BTCE was in fact shady and this allow federals to act in full power. Vinnik a citizen of Russia operated server in Bulgaria.

this is how he is now without protection from any of those lands.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:53:17 PM

imagine: a US company, call them ACME, has Greek customers...and Greece would come up with a nutty law, how companies all over the world have to deal with Greek customers and fuck them (for instance, take DNA sample or implant ID chip or whatever).

Sure enough US company ACME would not do that. They obey US laws but not Greek laws. So Greece kidnaps ACME executives and seizes ACME's funds.

They would probably receive a declaration of war in return.

There are over 1000 countries on the planet. A company would have to obey the local laws of 1000 countries, in order to do business over the internet with foreigners.

FUCKING INSANE AND TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Only the largest criminal org. in this world has the power to enforce this madness: USA

Swiss banks, LR, Kim Dotcom, the list goes on and on and on. Right now they are trying to sabotage North Stream pipeline, using the same logic, to shove their fracking crap upon EU consumers....EU and rest of the world must start viewing US govt. as what they are, and stop extradition and cooperation, whenever it comes to extraterritorial application of US law.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
EdwardQuintero76

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:55:26 PM

Please sign the petition if you have account at BTCe

We want our money back from BTC-E

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

550 signatures so far and need to get to 1000

IMPORTANT : All Peoples that Lost money in BTC-E.com , Please Sign this petition :

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

I HAS Lost about 622,000 $ in this site, it was all My Money.. i had 622,000$ in 5 accounts for more security, it was the real money from my real work since 19 years ago. please help me Sad

Also you can send message to justice.gov :
https://www.justice.gov/contact-us

Please Help me, i lost all my life money there Cry

What i should do Huh  Cry Cry Cry
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:58:52 PM

And those who now correctly blame btce for assisting criminals: the GOX theft is NOT even on the arrest warrent, it is wholly about this: A Bulgarian company, with Russian executive, living in Greece, bank accounts in Mongolia, is blamed for not being licensed in the USA!!!!!!!!!!

They could just as well arrest a Swiss Railway executive because they do not request ID from US customers when riding a train...

Or Saudi Arabia could request kidnapping a British bar owner on a vacation in Greece, because he served alcohol to Saudi citizens... Angry

Truth is the new hatespeech.
jedaite

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:16:29 AM

The ETH from BTC-e was moved 5h and 40 mins ago.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x91337a300e0361bddb2e377dd4e88ccb7796663d
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:24:26 AM

<snipped>
What i should do Huh  Cry Cry Cry

Forget it ... Move on. This petition won't do jack shit. You lost all your money. I'm sorry, but seriously, it's not coming back, anyone with half a brain knows that right now, it's just wishful thinking... Why would anyone associated with this massive criminal enterprise risk starting it back up to "pay you innocent people"Huh Right.. Nobody. That's what  you get for using a shady ass bullshit exchange, sorry man.... Good luck, hope you can rebuild from scratch and recover but don't get your hopes up, this site is 100% done IMO... Sad  : (

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀