Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner .  (Read 21884 times)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:34:52 PM

BTC-e shit is down     LOL  

I warned about BTC-e(and many like them) since years ago... Smiley    

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-suspect-idUSKBN1AB1VR

BTC value will drop for sure  Smiley
Not sure if this is going to influence the price but it sure is going to cause even worse disbelief amongst people who ain't know shit 'bout  Bitcoin. No offense but that's the truth and what are you going to do people mostly don't change until and unless they learn from their mistakes from the consequences they had to go through.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:42:14 PM

A lot of news i've seen arrested a man making money and turn to bitcoin...

He was braved man and also make the btc more illegal

I think btc will became illegal if other people uses that at wrong way..
And i think because of its a virtual money its not paying any tax or what else and tax is used by the government in replacing stuffs in a particular country..
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:50:50 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 03:22:51 PM by Gleb Gamow

A lot of news i've seen arrested a man making money and turn to bitcoin...

He was braved man and also make the btc more illegal

I think btc will became illegal if other people uses that at wrong way..
And i think because of its a virtual money its not paying any tax or what else and tax is used by the government in replacing stuffs in a particular country..

Yes, Vinnik was a brave man running various money services since the early 2000's, perhaps using those, too, as money laundering entities.

"BTC-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Nov 10, 2015: https://www.coindesk.com/us-justice-department-holds-digital-currency-summit-in-san-francisco/

Xapo CEO Wences Casares, Coinbase founder Fred Ehrsam and Ripple CEO Chris Larsen, among others

The US Department of Justice (DOJ) convened a first-of-its-kind conference on digital currency and the blockchain in San Francisco today.

According to the agency, the goal of the event was to unite the private and public sector in discussions centered on strategies for limiting cybercrime perpetrated with the emerging technologies.

The unpublicized event, organized by the DOJ’s Digital Currency Task Force and held at the Federal Reserve Bank in San Francisco, saw 175 industry participants engage in panel discussions that sought to emphasize its core theme from the point of view of entrepreneurs, law enforcement officials and regulators.

Though no participants were named in formal release, Twitter images from the event show speakers included Xapo CEO Wences Casares, Coinbase founder Fred Ehrsam and Ripple CEO Chris Larsen, among others.

In remarks, US Attorney Brian J Stretch positioned the event as one that sought to forge a common ground between representatives of the government and the distributed financial technology sector:

“As emerging technologies such as digital currency and blockchains expand into new and legitimate applications, it becomes all the more critical for industry leaders and government agencies to share insights and perspectives in order to combat the illicit use of these technologies.”

Further addressing the need for dialogue was FinCEN Director Jennifer Shasky Calvery, who noted that despite her department’s early efforts to understand the industry, continued discussions are needed due to the evolving nature of the technology.

“We only opened the door for the hundreds of other questions beyond our anti-money laundering perspective,” Calvery said.

The event was previously hinted at by DOJ Digital Currency Crimes Coordinator Kathryn Haun in an interview with CoinDesk in September in which she spoke at length about the multi-agency task force and its goals.

At the time, Haun sought to stress that the US government was broadly seeking to engage the digital currency and blockchain industry in discussions that would provide clarity on key issues for all ecosystem participants.

Translated: Akin to nobody brings massive amounts of drugs in the US unless it's us doing it, nobody runs a money laundering service unless it's us doing or overseeing it, up to and including some rogue dude in Russia which - MARK MY WORDS - we will eventually nab, hence inviting you fine 175 folks to this unannounced meatup today - there'll be pizza afterwards for any of yous into such - to give us, us as in US, any info you have on this Russki, whereupon outta the kindness of our hearts we'll let you operate another day, because that's how we roll.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/11/01/federal-prosecutor-kathryn-haun-on-how-criminals-use-bitcoin-and-how-she-catches-them/#4dfe4c1b1871

“When the tip is, ‘You’ve got a dirty agent on your payroll,’ you’ve got to take it with a grain of salt,” she says. “I thought I had to put this, what I called, rumor to rest. So when I started looking into this matter, I was doing it from the perspective of, I want to clear this person’s name, but I quickly learned that wasn’t going to be the result.”

She describes how she uncovered what were actually “the perfect criminals” — being federal agents, “they knew how to cover their tracks,” she says. Tune in to find out how she was able to follow the bitcoins, how tracking those patterns revealed to her that there were two dirty federal agents, not one, and what telling detail led her to suspect the second must also be a federal agent.

Call me a nut, but I'm thinkin' that them two FBI agents were part of some plot along with Paul Vernon of Cryptsy who used to suck the dicks of 3-, 4- and 5-Star Generals down in Ft Hood during the late 90s. Hell, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if Sonny Vleisides of BFL is an operative.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:30:49 PM

The domain is seized bu US authorities, it seems that it will be the bigger lesson for the unlicensed exchangers worldwide and especially Poloniex

Is poloniex unlicensed ? while its containment any exchanges I'll see him about the same thing with the exchanges that you have to look out for is manipulation of the withdrawal and deposit limits. Need to be careful while using exchanges.

YES, poloniex is unlicensed and it's based in USA;same as Kraken.

In conjunction with the following, I've heard through the grapevine (very reliable source) that Poloniex's days are numbered: https://cointelegraph.com/news/rumors-of-insolvency-circulate-among-users-of-bitcoin-exchange-poloniex-support-slow

I suggest best get out while the gettin' out's good, else you, like the dude above the fold, will lose their life savings.

You've been warned.

Bruno
Avox

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

★ Selling goodies for designers ★

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:55:22 PM

...btc will became illegal if other people uses that at wrong way...

So when will USD or Euros became illegal because we can see using them in wrong way everyday in the world.
Yes, the specific of Bitcoin is a bit difference, but is the same as if a knife will become illegal because a man has been killed.

★ Selling downloadable goodies for designers ★
Stock photos, vectors, WordPress themes and plugins, mockups, fonts, banners, posters and much more.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:11:32 PM

...btc will became illegal if other people uses that at wrong way...

So when will USD or Euros became illegal because we can see using them in wrong way everyday in the world.
Yes, the specific of Bitcoin is a bit difference, but is the same as if a knife will become illegal because a man has been killed.

6 Great Martial Arts for Killing a Man With Your Bare Hands

People don't kill people. People with bare hands kill people. Solution.

My next post may or may not be on my solution to curb overpopulation. Hint: It, too, includes a knife.
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:03:03 PM

"For all those who buried us, I will remind you that the service has always worked on trust and we are ready to answer for it. The funds will be returned to everyone!" - BTC-e.com. Fight the tptb!!
It is encouraging words,but it is hard to believe that it is possible for them to hand out the coins with the level they are in and if they are able to give out the customers their coins then it would be great,the charges pressed against them are so huge and i really doubt he would be seeing sunlight in a very long time.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:54:46 PM

"For all those who buried us, I will remind you that the service has always worked on trust and we are ready to answer for it. The funds will be returned to everyone!" - BTC-e.com. Fight the tptb!!
It is encouraging words,but it is hard to believe that it is possible for them to hand out the coins with the level they are in and if they are able to give out the customers their coins then it would be great,the charges pressed against them are so huge and i really doubt he would be seeing sunlight in a very long time.

"I believe the volcano won't kill me BTC-e is gonna give me back
Mt Money in spite of the FBI arresting its servers. I need
them tokens for when I visit The Legends Room next week
to celebrate its third scheduled Grand Opening this year.
Live long and prosper!"
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:54:11 AM

Live long and prosper!"
Lol you are gonna look so stupid! You'd better be around at the time for me to tell you "I told you so"...p.s. is that guy wanking?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:47:00 AM

Live long and prosper!"
Lol you are gonna look so stupid! You'd better be around at the time for me to tell you "I told you so"...p.s. is that guy wanking?

Yes, THAT GUY IS WANKING. Google the image if you don't believe me.

Boy, I'm gonna look so stupid when the feds return all the money to their rightful owners just like they did after Ross of SR was arrested and sentenced to life for managing a website. I would cite more examples where the feds returned confiscated funds to their rightful owners, but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm alluding to.

Hey, maybe, just maybe, the feds will return the moneys sans looking into the backgrounds of the various depositors. What do you think?
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:24:35 AM

BTC-e back again, I just saw their announcement on local russian forum (just can't read what is it meaning)

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:50:35 AM

BTC-e back again, I just saw their announcement on local russian forum (just can't read what is it meaning)

Link, please, if different than this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056158.msg20505927#msg20505927
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:48:01 AM

Link, please, if different than this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056158.msg20505927#msg20505927

okay, that's it.

did it not mean that they will be back?

BitWhale

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:49:52 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 11:06:39 AM by BitWhale

LOL
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:37:08 PM

LOL

If you're gonna go ninja on our asses, at least use the pic of a real fighter:

BitWhale

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:31:18 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 09:42:58 PM by BitWhale

Hahaha, this is just how I see the average "BTC-e" user. I assume most people had a reason for using BTC-e over another, more reputable exchange... most likely a nefarious reason. You can't use the shadiest exchange on the block and then expect a refund when shit goes south . Tongue

"GIB ME MY LIBERTY RESERVE BACK!"  Grin

Edit: it would be quite poetic though if BTC-e becomes the first criminal organization to be honest and refund everyone's money. LOL
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:40:29 PM

LOL

Hahaha, this is just how I see the average "BTC-e" user. I assume most people had a reason for using BTC-e over another, more reputable exchange... most likely a nefarious reason. You can't use the shadiest exchange on the block and then expect a refund when shit goes south . Tongue

Edit: it would be quite poetic though if BTC-e becomes the first criminal organization to be honest and refund everyone's money. LOL

it's full of stupids, shills, brainwashed and naive people so...they will keep saying otherwise.

they want the money back from a shit anonymous exchanger. it's unbelievable  Smiley  why did they use it when there are few regulated ones?  

they will "cry" in the same way when Kraken, Bitfinex, Poloniex will be closed even they have been warned for SO many times. they are similar with BTC-e.

it seems these people are blind Smiley
BitWhale

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:01:28 PM

LOL sorry I had to.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

LOL sorry I had to.

Rofl, that sums up the last week of crypto boo hoo hoo pretty well.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:03:18 AM

LOL sorry I had to.

Rofl, that sums up the last week of crypto boo hoo hoo pretty well.

Dudes, don't be turning my ninja into a meme, mmmkay?

FWIW, here's the dude behind the mask (Terry Terr on the right, both of Dustin's Dojo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_eyQdrptKA):

"We challenge Roger Ver to an MMA meatup,
he choosing any deli item as his weapon of choice.
Terry, here, will be using his patented salami nunchucks."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: