Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YAC will I be the bag holder?  (Read 2145 times)
ymer (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:38:31 AM

Right now on Bter there are only a few sharks trying to buy at a very low price but there's also people willing to sell.

I can't monitor because I have to go to bed.

I'll check tomorrow to see if I'm holding a valuable coin or just holding the bag.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlternativeCypt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:39:18 AM

Sharks manipulate, old sport. (DiCaprio Voice)
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:40:02 AM

Right now on Bter there are only a few sharks trying to buy at a very low price but there's also people willing to sell.

I'll check tomorrow to see if I'm holding a valuable coin or just holding the bag.

dump the coins

prie will go down again and then buy it

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:41:56 AM

Sharks manipulate, old sport. (DiCaprio Voice)

Scammers donna scam. Where is your scammer tag btw?
ymer (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:42:46 AM

dump the coins

prie will go down again and then buy it

I can pretty much break even at the current price.

Greed's gonna show me a lesson, I'll hold.
shaal

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:08:03 AM

I'm sitting on a large stack of yacoins at the moment, I'm in no hurry to sell so will just sit on them and watch.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:12:35 AM

If you have to ask, you probably are.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
blazin8s

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:07:30 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 04:20:44 AM by blazin8s

I'm in no hurry to sell so will just sit on them and watch.

Agreed, I'm keeping mine.  People selling these coins for these ridiculous low prices are nuts.  YAC isn't like the other altcoins where you want to dump them fast while their hot.  The CPU mining sets it apart from the rest and makes it unique like BTC and LTC.  Of all the alt coins, I see YAC coming out ahead.  It's not matter of if, it's a matter of when.  Right now the only people that even know about it are the die hard miners/traders.  If/when it has the public exposure of Bitcoin, anyone and everyone will be able to mine it, price will go way up to offset the difficulty increase.  The hundreds/thousands of coins we have now will be worth a crap ton.
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:10:12 AM

Agreed, I'm keeping mine.  People selling these coins for these ridiculous low prices are nuts.  The CPU mining sets it apart from the rest, of all the alt coins other than BTC and LTC, YAC is going to do very well.

You do know it has dropped by half...0.0004

blazin8s

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:12:35 AM

Agreed, I'm keeping mine.  People selling these coins for these ridiculous low prices are nuts.  The CPU mining sets it apart from the rest, of all the alt coins other than BTC and LTC, YAC is going to do very well.

It needs more exposure, nobody knows about it other than people of this forum.  When the rest of the world finds out about it, it will rocket.  It is up to us to make them all find out and make this coin aware.  I know everyone likes to play devils advocate, but for anyone holding thousands or even hundreds of shares, why not try and make them worth something by promoting this coin.  I'm telling everyone I know about it.

When it makes even just one major news story, the price will shoot through the roof.
anonynonanony

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:13:28 AM

Agreed, I'm keeping mine.  People selling these coins for these ridiculous low prices are nuts.  The CPU mining sets it apart from the rest, of all the alt coins other than BTC and LTC, YAC is going to do very well.

remember when btc dropped 75% in a day?

I have faith that there is a place for a cpu coin, whether thats yac or not is still up in the air, but i see end-game cpu coin being better than asic/gpu coins.
blazin8s

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:15:54 AM

remember when btc dropped 75% in a day?

I have faith that there is a place for a cpu coin, whether thats yac or not is still up in the air, but i see end-game cpu coin being better than asic/gpu coins.

Yes but that's looking at the glass half empty.  Before it dropped, it shot up over 200%.
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:17:12 AM

can the coin survive if the dev hasn't been heard from since launch?  Doesn't exactly seem like the active type.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
shaal

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:20:13 AM

Yep, but again don't really care, I'm not playing the short game, This is just play money to me. if it goes up, great, if it doesn't I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it. To the people who are dumping there coins now. that's good to me, because it's cheaper for me to buy them now than to mine them.

I can't see why I should be bent out of shape that a new coin that is barely 7 days old has not skyrocketed in value.

anonynonanony

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:21:08 AM

The coin was brought in above value, way over-valued.  This adjustment to actual value while people are panicing is expected in any market.

http://i.cubeupload.com/WSBayi.png

taken from the "is litecoin dead" thread.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:22:22 AM

It's a seven days old coin. It's going to be up and it's going to be down many times from now, for now the only thing that matters is that it performs as intended. Everything else is just daytrading.

can the coin survive if the dev hasn't been heard from since launch?  Doesn't exactly seem like the active type.

In so far way more coins have been killed by devs being too "active" than by being inactive.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
shaal

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:26:44 AM

It's a seven days old coin. It's going to be up and it's going to be down many times from now, for now the only thing that matters is that it performs as intended. Everything else is just daytrading.

In so far way more coins have been killed by devs being too "active" than by being inactive.

Agreed and besides there is nothing stopping someone else at a later date taking up the development work of the coin.
anonynonanony

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:27:37 AM

Yep, but again don't really care, I'm not playing the short game, This is just play money to me. if it goes up, great, if it doesn't I'm really not going to lose any sleep over it. To the people who are dumping there coins now. that's good to me, because it's cheaper for me to buy them now than to mine them.

I can't see why I should be bent out of shape that a new coin that is barely 7 days old has not skyrocketed in value.

for whatever reason people are using CHN and FTC as benchmarks.
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:48:02 AM

I will hold them for quite a while and hold the bag it it comes to that, rather than selling them at this low price.
josiasrdz

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:11:18 AM

I will hold them for quite a while and hold the bag it it comes to that, rather than selling them at this low price.

I'am going to do the same, I only "invested" $65 into yacoins so I don't care much if I end up wasting my dollars.
(golden rule: don't risk more than what you can afford to lose)

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: