Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:22:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Trouble with a Shuffle (early or late, doesn't matter)  (Read 3108 times)
lemonginger (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:37:43 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 01:11:46 AM by lemonginger

The usual Double Trouble -- with a twist!

Unlike usual Double Trouble games, where the early winners take all and everyone else is left hanging, in this one every has a chance to double up.

The Double Trouble game will be open for 24 hours. After bets are closed, the order of all bets will be shuffled before payouts begin. Watch that first bet drop mercilessly to the end of the line! Get excited when your 4BTC bet shows up at the front of the list! No fees! House keeps whatever is left in the pot that can't be paid out.

What's your strategy? Throw in a big bet and hope it lands near the top? Throw in a bunch of bets knowing some of them might end up near the bottom?

Thanks to Auspician who offered the idea as inspiration.

We will use the random.org list randomizer with a screencap of the randomization process.
http://www.random.org/lists/

Open from 21 Jun 17:00 GMT until 22 Jun 17:00 GMT

Here is the sending address (do not use an ewallet):
1DwBJKwvutiDchtuDZnUwaBbYanfazhdFY

Maximum bet: 4 btc

Watch block explorer here:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1DwBJKwvutiDchtuDZnUwaBbYanfazhdFY

Watch the spreadsheet here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmmpY6zlpxDzdG5XbEoyQlhoMXJVRFlrSkRyUWpYQVE&hl=en_US&authkey=COvsgaYB
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmavipc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:49:15 AM

What will be the minimum bet?

http://payb.tc/mmavipc

Want to gamble some bitcoins? Click here!
Kax0

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:10:31 PM

I'm in for sure, whenever its ready.
vborets

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:45:41 PM

better use http://www.random.org/lists/ !

with recording on camera all process
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:23:52 PM

better use http://www.random.org/lists/ !

with recording on camera all process

Sure that makes sense. I will put all of the sending addresses in there and take a little screen capture of the randomization. For the record, I am not going to play in my own game, so I have nothing to gain from randomization going one way or another.
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:27:49 PM

Okay, this will be open for 24 hours before randomization and payouts occur.

No minimum/maximum bet.

Randomization will occur after the close of the game using random.org. A screen capture will be provided to verify the randomization.

I will not play in this game.

Send to:
1DwBJKwvutiDchtuDZnUwaBbYanfazhdFY
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:33:07 PM

I will update spreadsheet throughout the day, but because order does not matter, it may not happen instantly. If you want real time info, best to check out block explorer.

Watch block explorer here:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1DwBJKwvutiDchtuDZnUwaBbYanfazhdFY

Watch the spreadsheet here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmmpY6zlpxDzdG5XbEoyQlhoMXJVRFlrSkRyUWpYQVE&hl=en_US&authkey=COvsgaYB
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:45:39 PM

first player confirmed!
Auspician

Activity: 126
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:32:33 PM

Glad you decided to take the idea, it should be interesting!  I'm going to wait a round or two and see how it goes and see what information gets posted to assure me of the security of the game.  Best of luck with the new game!
mmavipc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:02:27 PM

Glad you decided to take the idea, it should be interesting!  I'm going to wait a round or two and see how it goes and see what information gets posted to assure me of the security of the game.  Best of luck with the new game!

Just bet .001 like I did.

http://payb.tc/mmavipc

Want to gamble some bitcoins? Click here!
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:27:51 PM

5 players in
Auspician

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:21:39 PM

Sure, that makes sense to me.  Just entered the game with ten centi-bits (0.1BTC).
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:00:36 AM

Just a reminder that the spreadsheet will be updated infrequently overnight. If you are in the block explorer, you are in the game! Spreadsheet updated as able. PM if any questions.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 12:14:15 AM

Tell me if this is right.

We all send money and then you put the amounts in random order. If there is double your bet left after your place in line you get your amount doubled.

Aren't you going to be keeping a big chunk almost every time? You say "can't" pay out, does that mean that if there is not a full doubling left you get it all?

Tell what happens with these to make it clear.

6 3 1

9 1 2

1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Auspician

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:42:32 AM

Since the 'shuffle' was originally my idea, perhaps I can offer some clarification on the rules.

Everyone puts in bids for whatever amount they want.  At the conclusion of the 24 hour window, all the payment addresses are shuffled and put in a random order.  The pot at this point contains all bids that were made.

Then, starting with the first bid in the randomized list, the funds in the pot are used to double this bid.  Once that bid is satisfied, the pot moves onto the next bid in the randomized list, doubling it as well.  This process continues until a bid cannot be doubled by the remaining funds in the Pot.  At that point the game is over, and any funds remaining in the pot go to the host in lieu of fees on winnings.

Does that clarification help?

(Note to OP: For future rounds, I'd suggest a minimum bid of around .5BTC, and a maximum bid of around 5BTC.  Otherwise the likelihood of the higher bids ever being doubled is low enough to discourage them, both reducing your profits and the fun of the game.)
tito13kfm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:48:08 AM

logo suggestion

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/19351-1/TRUFFLE+SHUFFLE.gif
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:01:13 AM

Tell me if this is right.

We all send money and then you put the amounts in random order. If there is double your bet left after your place in line you get your amount doubled.

Aren't you going to be keeping a big chunk almost every time? You say "can't" pay out, does that mean that if there is not a full doubling left you get it all?

Yes, but there usually is very little to go around at the end of these games. Other than the game running with refund, thought this was standard. (plus a fee tacked on)

I see your point that if a very large bet ended up first, that the large bet plus all the money after it would go to the host, but I think this is unlikely.

I could run the next one with a refund if desired, it's just usually pretty useless as people end up getting refunded like .005 btc on 2 btc bets etc based on the results of the double trouble with refunds game so far.
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:03:09 AM

(Note to OP: For future rounds, I'd suggest a minimum bid of around .5BTC, and a maximum bid of around 5BTC.  Otherwise the likelihood of the higher bids ever being doubled is low enough to discourage them, both reducing your profits and the fun of the game.)

I'm happy if people want to play with tiny bets. But since no one has bet more than 2 BTC so far, I don't have any problems capping bets to minimize a scenario where people get scared off or no one gets paid. Maximum Bet is 4 BTC. If you want to bet more, you'll have to do it in multiple transactions.
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:04:54 AM

n/t
lemonginger (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:09:40 AM

6 3 1

9 1 2

In both of those cases I would just return everyone's money since no one got doubled and is no fun, not trying to make money

1 1 1 1
first person gets 2 btc
second person gets 2 btc
no one else gets anything

1 1 1 1 1

first person gets 2 btc
second person gets 2 btc
house gets 1 btc
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: