Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BitcoinCash a joke?  (Read 11650 times)
syskall

Activity: 23
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:34:47 AM

I don't understand all the hate for Bitcoin Cash.  Not trying to take sides here, but I just see it as free money.  I think it's too bad that the two communities could not agree on a scaling solution, but it's free coins and it didn't knock the price of bitcoin down at all.  Since the split, BitCoin went through the roof, and Bitcoin Cash seems to have found a near term bottom, and has been trending up for 3 days or so.  It's holding at #4 in market cap and #3 in price per coin (of the top 100 coins) ... it's future will depend on if the development team sticks with it, or if this was just a one time pump and dump scam.

Pretty easy to understand once you understand that all money is a bubble (and I don't mean that in a bad way).
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:38:30 AM

yes

XT, Unlimited, classic, BTC1, Bitcoin Cash... boy do you people have a short memory.
Weird how the supporters of Bitcoin cash use tweets from Gavin as huge rallying cries when he has been behind some of the earliest forks.

Uhhm, learn your history, Boi.

Are you aware that Gavin was THE public face of Bitcoin for several years, and was given the master alert key and control of the project when Satoshi disappeared? He was kicked out of dev team by Maxwell, who is looking more and more like he'll be on the "wrong side of history"...

RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:42:45 PM

It doesnt look like a joke anymore, looks like it has stabilized itself in the top 5 position.

But I wonder will it be there 1 year from now? Does BCH have a future?

krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:53:04 PM

BCH is superb because free money you've got you can invest to something else without touching your BTC stash.

Wink

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:56:50 PM

It doesnt look like a joke anymore, looks like it has stabilized itself in the top 5 position.

Its not really joke anymore and people keep saying that this coin is good as dead since its being dumped already by most people but now its still kicking and the price is stabilizing as of now and as you said what would be the price of this coin on 1 year time. We would surely see the price would escalate high but not too much when comes to a point on surpassing bitcoin because its really an impossible thing.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:28:14 PM

Its not really joke anymore and people keep saying that this coin is good as dead since its being dumped already by most people but now its still kicking and the price is stabilizing as of now and as you said what would be the price of this coin on 1 year time. We would surely see the price would escalate high but not too much when comes to a point on surpassing bitcoin because its really an impossible thing.

I don't think it will surpass bitcoin, and it probably found it's value in the market since it stabilized after the initial dump. I think it will be used for trading, as other altcoins. Maybe it will start increasing price overtime, as most stable altcoins do (like ether for example), so yes, they are probably worth holding as well.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

carlosmg

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:52:02 PM

Yes. Not only do they not have a competent team of developers, but they also lack originality to create a name.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:07:47 PM

I don't think it will surpass bitcoin, and it probably found it's value in the market since it stabilized after the initial dump. I think it will be used for trading, as other altcoins. Maybe it will start increasing price overtime, as most stable altcoins do (like ether for example), so yes, they are probably worth holding as well.
It can't surpass bitcoin because bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency in the crypto world. It takes more updates before BCH could possibly catch up BTC but bitcoin at that time is too far. I think it will going to dump just like the other alt coins who tried to be at the top of the marketcap but fail because the lack of support.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:11:05 PM

I don't think bitcoin Cash is a joke because it has proven to have strong follower  base on it acceptability among cryptocurrency trader.  As at today I was expecting it's to have dropped to around $20 but the traders keep on pushing the price upward. I am adopting wait and see approach to bch.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:16:17 PM

I don't understand all the hate for Bitcoin Cash.  Not trying to take sides here, but I just see it as free money.  I think it's too bad that the two communities could not agree on a scaling solution, but it's free coins and it didn't knock the price of bitcoin down at all.  Since the split, BitCoin went through the roof, and Bitcoin Cash seems to have found a near term bottom, and has been trending up for 3 days or so.  It's holding at #4 in market cap and #3 in price per coin (of the top 100 coins) ... it's future will depend on if the development team sticks with it, or if this was just a one time pump and dump scam.

Pretty easy to understand once you understand that all money is a bubble (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

There is no hate for bitcoin cash on purpose. The coin itself is not providing or offering any innovation. It was generated by some groups in order to take bitcoin under control. They thought by creating bcc, they can manipulate the market, but they were wrong.

Participants of blockchain simply rejected this bad idea.
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:23:49 PM

Yes, BitcoinCash is a joke. I must admit I believed it for a couple of days. Some said that endless money of Bitmain would buy up tons of BCC, making it worth more than the true Bitcoin, and hence making it the true Bitcoin. But nothing happened, not even the legion of Antminer that sold predicted to fall on BCH to make its chain lightning fast. What a fail !
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:30:50 PM

Yes, BitcoinCash is a joke. I must admit I believed it for a couple of days. Some said that endless money of Bitmain would buy up tons of BCC, making it worth more than the true Bitcoin, and hence making it the true Bitcoin. But nothing happened, not even the legion of Antminer that sold predicted to fall on BCH to make its chain lightning fast. What a fail !

well, many predicted zero value after a couple of hours, and instead it's still there. We will see, in the mean time I've dumped all my BCH.
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:51:30 PM

well, many predicted zero value after a couple of hours, and instead it's still there. We will see, in the mean time I've dumped all my BCH.

They probably exagerated a bit too much, but I do not see it going somewhere else than in the trash bin from current situation because the network is currently very crappy...
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:07:56 PM

They probably exagerated a bit too much, but I do not see it going somewhere else than in the trash bin from current situation because the network is currently very crappy...

The thing is the price keeps going up and down but it is not dying.
This says something...
However, in the long term I can certainly see Bitcoin Cash dropping and dropping until eventually only a small fraction of what it is today.
Realistically it will continue losing support and fail like most altcoins.
mamontkiev

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 12:58:29 PM

No, just a scam Smiley
coin_coin

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:36:07 PM

It looks like to me that it has the same people behind it as the Bitcoin Unlimited, but it's only a couple months old:

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/  - Created Date: 2017-05-09
https://www.bitcoincash.org/ -  Created Date: 2017-03-05

They want to do a 8 MB hardfork on August 1

Bitcoin Cash provides much needed relief to users with an immediate increase of the block size limit to 8MB.

On August 1st 2017, We the People will breathe new life into Bitcoin.

I wonder of "We the People", as in 40 billion $, will trust a 3 month old website and a lame copycat of the Bitcoin Core software.

Time will tell.Personally, I don't like BCC, a notorious Chinese farm owner related to it closely.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:12:04 PM

Thanks for the analysis, good analysis, I agree with you, maybe it's just a joke and maybe also a scam

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:24:23 AM

yes

XT, Unlimited, classic, BTC1, Bitcoin Cash... boy do you people have a short memory.
Weird how the supporters of Bitcoin cash use tweets from Gavin as huge rallying cries when he has been behind some of the earliest forks.

Uhhm, learn your history, Boi.

Are you aware that Gavin was THE public face of Bitcoin for several years, and was given the master alert key and control of the project when Satoshi disappeared? He was kicked out of dev team by Maxwell, who is looking more and more like he'll be on the "wrong side of history"...

Looks like you forgot the whole reason Satoshi split (Gavin meeting with the CIA), the 30mb block fork, the hailing or Craig McFuckhead as Satoshi for who knows what reason. Gavin isn't a person to stand behind, he obviously is either corrupted or stupid saying Craig is Satoshi alone.

Not saying Gavin is perfect. He definitely lost points with me for the Craig Wright-fail and for being the CIA's monkey.

But f*cking Maxwell is literally the WORST - I don't understand how a highly intelligent person can completely RUIN a new technology, but that's what he seems to be doing. Rumor has it that's what he did at Wikipedia, and some other software company too...  I can only assume that this DCG/Blockstream/CrippleCoin unholy trifecta "conspiracy theory" has merit.

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:12:09 AM

the market must be washed since there are so many free coins, when the banker get enough chip, the price will pump

SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:25:32 AM

It's not a joke. It's damn serious if millions of dollars behind it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: