Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are using bitcoinvanitygen is it legit or not?  (Read 263 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:44:36 PM

Guys do you know this site https://bitcoinvanitygen.com/ where we can make custom bitcoin address do you think its safe to make your own custom bitcoin address in that site to save bitcoin or use only for receiving and temporary stay bitcoins?
I never tested this site but i am planning to use this as my receiving address in the future..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:57:10 AM

Guys do you know this site https://bitcoinvanitygen.com/ where we can make custom bitcoin address do you think its safe to make your own custom bitcoin address in that site to save bitcoin or use only for receiving and temporary stay bitcoins?
I never tested this site but i am planning to use this as my receiving address in the future..

Do not use this service, its a pure scam. Besides there are many people who got scammed by the service and you can see their complaints if you do a quick search on google.

If you want to get a vanity address, make sure you generate it by your own on your computer. Here is a reliable tutorial on how to make one : https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-get-a-custom-bitcoin-address/

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:23:19 AM

The reply above is correct, there so many scam accusation against tye owner of this website here and there's already many people got scammed, so much better that you make your vanity by yourself, here's another method to make it besides the link posted above by  Termin4tor, link here
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:33:07 PM

If it happens that you don't have enough computing power to generate the desired vanity address, I'd suggest using services like the one Shorena is providing which is safe and there are no risks unlike the site you mentioned.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1257817.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ac1905

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:57:00 PM

Do not use this service, its a pure scam. Besides there are many people who got scammed by the service and you can see their complaints if you do a quick search on google.

If you want to get a vanity address, make sure you generate it by your own on your computer. Here is a reliable tutorial on how to make one : https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-get-a-custom-bitcoin-address/

I know this is an older thread but i wanted to point out that the 99bitcoins link takes you to an article that lists the ""bitcoinvanitygen" URL as option #2. So while you say don't do it, the link says it's ok.

To the original poster: I think there's really only two options: 1. Do it yourself or 2. Don't do it.
hope this helps
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:23:01 PM

I know this is an older thread but i wanted to point out that the 99bitcoins link takes you to an article that lists the ""bitcoinvanitygen" URL as option #2. So while you say don't do it, the link says it's ok.

To the original poster: I think there's really only two options: 1. Do it yourself or 2. Don't do it.
hope this helps

Have went through with all the reply by various people bro. After this reply bl4nkcode has been confirmed that there is the scam attempt report on the scam and accusation section mate. Better kindly you ignore these kind of website mate.
If you want to check the site whether it is legitimate or not. Use the badbitcoin.org. This will ensure who is the coming to you with scam project or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: