Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is region is best for altcoin mining?
West Europe - 1 (3.4%)
East Europe - 10 (34.5%)
Middle Asia - 1 (3.4%)
Central Asia - 1 (3.4%)
Asia - 7 (24.1%)
North America - 4 (13.8%)
Africa - 1 (3.4%)
Offshore zones - 3 (10.3%)
Post Soviet Union countries - 1 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best country on earth for altcoin mining - share suggestions  (Read 3074 times)
cryptocr

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:15:29 AM

You might find this link for electricity and natural gas prices interesting.  http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Energy_price_statistics

Bulgaria does look like a winner for electric costs based on what I just read there. I was curious about the costs in Romania, since I lived there for a few years (although not recently). About a decade ago Romania was ranked as the #3 country in the world for Hackers, right after the USA and China. Considering that it's a country with a mere ~21 million population I think that's pretty good evidence of the high technical savvy of the younger generations there. I know that crypto is quite popular there and you would easily find lots of people with some experience in it. The downside is that the country is extremely corrupt and the government is inept as well as being as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Electricity is quite cheap (industrial rates in particular), goods are accessible if you have the money to buy them, internet is fast, cheap and stable, and if you were in a city with a higher elevation (Brasov or Cluj-Napoca come to mind) the summer temperatures aren't that bad.

This is a great link man ! thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:49:00 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 05:28:17 PM by MCVXYZ

In Georgia,The government is trying to encourage investors,they have created project about freedom business,that's why there are not strict regulations. The mechanism of doing business in this sphere in Georgia is very effective . the biggest expense  of this business is the cost of electricity, which is very competitive in this country  (and regulations are not strict) even with Iceland or Finland.So,Electricity consumption is less and everything is much easier.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:53:58 PM

Estonia is a nice place to do mining at. We, Estonians, like things that have something to do with IT.

For an example, http://blockhive.ee/ chose Estonia for its "friendship" with cryptos and the praise of information technology.

Cheap electricity and 12 months of "shit skiing weather" are also great plusses for mining Cheesy

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:05:05 PM

Must be Island. Electricity costs NOTHING there. The climate is cold so you can easily use it to cool the rigs, and they have like zero crime. I dont think crime excists there. And they have Dominos  Grin Grin
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:17:30 PM

Well I would go for Iceland as a great country to do altcoin mining since their security it is one of the highest and life risks are low there. Otherwise if you don't care about life risks and are an adventurer there is no better country for mining altcoin/bitcoin then Venezuela ,India or China. The electricity price in these countries is like 0.008 usd/kwatt so it is almost like it is free electricity.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Z1pp4

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:35:43 PM

Iceland, that is why they have Genesis mining there. Electricity is so cheap there that Australians transport their aluminium ore to Icelandic factory for it's cheap electricity.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:26:47 AM

A few country offer some great electricity cost. I like canada, because of the cool weather also. And is also local to me. But i heard kuwuit is very good on electricty price. Somewhere around the 0.01-0.02usd per kwh. Lol even with the hot weather you can afford to run a good cooling solution 24 hours a day.
Im located in asia right now and best price i can get is under 0.10usd.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:06:55 AM

Iceland, that is why they have Genesis mining there. Electricity is so cheap there that Australians transport their aluminium ore to Icelandic factory for it's cheap electricity.

Iceland with taxes and all cost $0.12 per kw. So is not so cheap, now if you are talking about pre-contracts like the genesis mining did then that is a different thing, I mean while i pay 0.12 per kw, genesis pays 0.07 per kw.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: