Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:48:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CampusCoin (CC) - Crypto for Students  (Read 55105 times)
campuscoindev (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 12:07:30 AM

French translation has been included and updated in OP

Bayard2018

Activity: 146
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:21:39 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 11:58:25 PM by Bayard2018

This is the only coin I've seen that is specifically geared towards use by college students which is a good leg up. My biggest question is why couldn't students just use Bitcoin? I think a good answer to this would be low transaction fees and fast transactions but there must be more incentives than that.

Until crypto is more widely adopted, I think universities would be very hesitant to try something like this. The good news is I think this time will be coming sooner than we think. I think parents would be more willing to send this to their kids if they could be assured that it could only be spent on things like books and food. So I think partnering with bookstores and sites like Chegg would be huge. Partnering with restaurants would be more difficult but that could be further down the road.

Great suggestions, and thank you we feel we have a unique strategy when it comes to our crypto vs. others out there.

Yes, maybe a wallet with several accounts parameters , possible to do not allow conversion to fiat if needed
Some restricted use.

CHEVALIER BAYARD Sans peur et sans reproche
reed209

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:08:57 AM

Hey Devs. When do you plan to launch the P.O.S. Wallet?
Bayard2018

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:34:11 PM

Hey Devs. When do you plan to launch the P.O.S. Wallet?

There's the max campuscoins Halving at first and block reward reduction
It need an update
Will see later for POS

M.minor

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:52:29 PM

guys CMPCO, so all slowly feeling that Dev, fell asleep at the desk Smiley
campuscoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 06:34:48 AM

The Windows wallet update will be ready for download tomorrow to accommodate for the blockchain update.

campuscoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 07:56:03 PM

The block reward/totaly supply reduction upgrade is ready.  The code has been pushed to GitHub for anyone who likes to compile their wallet individually.  The windows wallet is now available for download at https://campuscoin.net/campuscoin-wallets.  IMPORTANT: This upgrade is required, and failure to upgrade your wallet by block 210,000 will create issues for you in the future.  Mac and Linux upgrades will follow soon.

Bayard2018

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:25:15 PM

The block reward/totaly supply reduction upgrade is ready.  The code has been pushed to GitHub for anyone who likes to compile their wallet individually.  The windows wallet is now available for download at https://campuscoin.net/campuscoin-wallets.  IMPORTANT: This upgrade is required, and failure to upgrade your wallet by block 210,000 will create issues for you in the future.  Mac and Linux upgrades will follow soon.
Can we let our CAMPUSCOINS on Cryptopia and others marketplaces during the upgrade?
i don t know if marketplaces are updating their wallets at the same time before the Block 210,000

luckytimes

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:39:52 PM

Can we let our CAMPUSCOINS on Cryptopia and others marketplaces during the upgrade?
i don t know if marketplaces are updating their wallets at the same time before the Block 210,000

I also want to know this. Do the exchangers update the wallets too? How many more days until this upgrade will happen? Can we please have a time frame? Thanks
campuscoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 06:33:17 PM

I also want to know this. Do the exchangers update the wallets too? How many more days until this upgrade will happen? Can we please have a time frame? Thanks

Great questions.  The exchanges all have been notified to update their wallets as well.  So long as they update their wallets by Block 210,000 (Roughly December 25), they will have 0 problems.  Keeping your coins in their exchange should be no issue

CryptoDaoist

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:45:35 AM

Great questions.  The exchanges all have been notified to update their wallets as well.  So long as they update their wallets by Block 210,000 (Roughly December 25), they will have 0 problems.  Keeping your coins in their exchange should be no issue

Thank you for making sure of this. Communication between the exchange and coin dev is very important. I've seen some coins goes FUBAR simply because wallet updates that wasn't communicated properly to an exchange.
Bayard2018

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:19:15 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 12:39:00 PM by Bayard2018

So the Campus coin has an update for his wallet
A halving of max existing coins to 1 000 0000 0000 instead of 2
A reward reducing to 500 per block
An updated website
A new logo in near future
A new team
A new raodmap
In few days an upload for linux and mac( It s ok now ready to upload 1.2.0.1)
Every translations are in way to be updated
Contacts in several countries make expect about a quick internal development
With several teams, and partnerships
POS could be a next step for updates
So i m very confident for the near future of campuscoin
It has now a very low capitalisation however it s a very ambitious project
Happy to have heard about it...

Bayard2018

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:59:59 AM

I don't think adoption will be good for college coin. Why use college coin when you can use all the other alt coins? I think this is a waste of time and resources.

It s specific coin dedicated to students, and not only a coin, an international non lucrative association with the aim to improve students life and exams results, giving them also to invest at the beginning of a new promising coin and to parents a way to give them money only used in campus for usefull things, it s one more tool for students and parents to increase chance of succes and other tools will be created in this aim thanks to Campuscoin Team

Mr. Blond

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:11:51 AM

Hi. I would like to know more about this project.

The real usecase and the sellingpoint of this coin could be that it can only be used for school stuff OR coffee but then only in a Librairy or school supermarket or something. That way, when parents send money to their children they know they can only buy books or school essentials with them (or pay rent). Maybe even an interest pprogram so it is benefitial to save some on your account to learn them the concept of putting away money.

I can see this project have real potential, but if the money can be just as easely spend as a bitcoin, why have this coin? You should give it restrictions. That way a storeowner will be more incentivised to accept it too since it will get a specific group to his door.

Hope to hear if these plans were already the case and what else is in store.

Thanks

Like I was saying from the beginning  Angry  Don't worry...if good insentives are much rather stolen than rewarded, you can have yours and I will have mine. In other words: I will stop sharing.

#Ihateitwhenpeoplesteal #ifyouwanttomakeprogressyoushouldgetpeopleonyourteamnotkicktheminthenuts
Bayard2018

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2083/campuscoin-cmpco
You can vote now for cmpco on altcoinexchange.com and please it s better with comments
Thanks

Mr. Blond

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:30:37 AM

You can vote now for cmpco on altcoinexchange.com and please it s better with comments
Thanks
I'm not doing anything anymore. I have been working as business developper for over 20 years. First time something like this happened. Good luck with your project
Bayard2018

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:38:16 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 11:05:01 AM by Bayard2018

Thanks
I'm not doing anything anymore. I have been working as business developper for over 20 years. First time something like this happened. Good luck with your project

What happened?
Someone has stolen you something?
That s weird....!
Nothing nowhere in your old posts maybe others names..or not the good
Forum....

The1crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:09:08 PM

I just vote for it.
campuscoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 02:36:38 PM

Thanks

Mr.Blond, what has happened?

campuscoindev (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 03:36:24 PM

All wallets are now ready for download (Windows, Mac, and Linux). NOTICE AND WARNING:  All wallets must upgrade to v1.2.0.1.  In order to maintain full integrity of your CampusCoin Wallet, all wallets must upgrade to version 1.2.0.1 prior to block 210,000.  Failure to upgrade your wallet may result in problems.  These may involve a locked wallet, resulting in the inability to perform a transaction from the old version.  Always backup your wallet.dat and associated files in order to protect the contents of your wallet.  Accounts failing to upgrade by block 210,000 may receive wallet support through our support channel.  This notice and warning is being sent with ample time for you to perform the upgrade.  All wallets prior to v1.2.0.1 are also presented with a separate notice that the update is available.  Please use the following resources, and our Discord support channel should you have further questions.

CampusCoin Wallets: https://campuscoin.net/campuscoin-wallets
Current Block Count: http://block.campuscoin.net:8000/api/getblockcount

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: