Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Pillar - The Personal Data Locker  (Read 26739 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Apostle4444

Activity: 832
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:03:22 PM

..latest newsletter from the Pillar Team.

You had many questions after our previous newsletter - we probably answered most of them in two recent updates on YouTube. And there's even more!

Tomer Answers Questions
Tomer is a founder of both the Pillar Project and 20|30. He took to YouTube last week to answer questions coming in about the upcoming 20|30 ICO.

Watch Tomer's Update
https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=847fc0b545&e=e6ec2eae28

David Answers Questions

I understand that people are confused about the difference between 20|30 and Pillar, so I want to keep communicating about that.
20|30 is a for-profit company that will build a portfolio of different blockchain projects. We started early in 2017 with the CryptX index, we got interrupted to do the Pillar Project, and now we’re building for-profit products and services on the Pillar platform. So 20|30 is the first of many companies that will use the Pillar ecosystem to make money. You can start one, too.

It’s important to understand that … 
•   20|30 supported Pillar, but now 20|30 receives no money from Pillar. All ether raised during the Pillar ICO is dedicated to building the Pillar ecosystem.
•   Pillar was always supposed to be a non-profit foundation, and we are executing that. Some people think this will make their tokens less valuable, but that’s not true. Ethereum is a foundation. DASH is a foundation. NEO is a foundation. Filecoin is a foundation. The vast majority of blockchain token projects are open source, which means they give their software away for free and hope everyone uses it, making the token more valuable to early buyers.
•   We hope you will actually use the tokens in your Pillar wallet. If you have any extra tokens you don’t use, we hope they will become more valuable, they may incidentally give you a good return, but that is not our mission. It’s our job to make the Pillar ecosystem incredibly useful and become the next-generation operating system for all future devices. If we do that, many people will want to buy Pillar tokens to power their devices and get more from them. As the system becomes more useful, your tokens become more valuable as a byproduct. This has been clearly stated many times and is in the Gray Paper.
•   20|30 will be the gatekeeper for the Pillar ICO wallet. If we open the Pillar ICO wallet to anyone, it would be full of scam ICOs, so 20|30 will put together a program to vet and onboard ICOs. Once that’s working, we are happy to give a license to other trusted companies to do the same thing. We don’t want to prevent legitimate ICOs from using our wallet.
•   To eat our own dog food, 20|30 will be the very first ICO on the Pillar ICO wallet. I wouldn’t want anyone to use a wallet we haven’t tested enough to be confident to put our own fundraise on, so we’re going to do just that.
•   The 20|30 ICO will be for equity tokens, which by law cannot be sold to the public. They can only be sold to accredited (wealthy) investors. This is not our choice, this is the law. We would violate securities laws if we sold equity tokens to the public (and some companies have done that - we’re not going to).
•   Remember that with the money we get from the 20|30 fundraise, we will invest to increase the value of the Pillar platform by building services that charge Pillar tokens. You may not participate in the 20|30 fundraise, but if you’re a Pillar token holder, you’ll benefit from it. We appreciate your support. You can support us by sending accredited investors to our investor page https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=01b9944f89&e=e6ec2eae28 to learn more.

Watch David's Update on these issues and more
https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=2481523212&e=e6ec2eae28

The ICO Show
The ICO Show is getting much better! There’s a new one from yesterday that was the best so far, interviewing ArtCoin.Fund and Lockchain.

Watch the latest episode
https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=2c3efd49ce&e=e6ec2eae28

We need more volunteers for the ICO Show. We want to turn it into a strong resource for people getting in as investors or participants. I’m looking for two people to be community organizers, so we can invite people to the new 20|30 community. Please contact me if you’re interested! 

Community Update
Ralph spent a lot of time simplifying our online Pillar community and hanging out there now is a way better experience. If you haven’t joined or haven’t been there in a while, please come say hi, introduce yourself and find a working group to get involved in!

Join us all in Mattermost
https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=2d6625d745&e=e6ec2eae28

GDPR Update
We are making progress on our GDPR wallet. We are convinced many companies will want to use this solution - replacing accounts with wallets. We’re working on a white paper to explain how the Pillar solution will work. We want to ask our readers - do you know any companies that will talk with us for 40 minutes and tell us about their data/GDPR needs? We are in listening and learning mode. If you can introduce us to a CTO or CIO or someone who is struggling with private data in a company, please introduce him/her to michael.shea@2030.io

Help us with GDPR research
mailto:michael.shea@2030.io?subject=Let%20me%20help%20you%20with%20GDPR%20research!

As always, feel free to send feedback to david@2030.io and don't forget to follow our social media channels!

More soon,
David Siegel
info@2030.io

Feel free to forward this to your friends and ask them to sign up for the newsletter. Thank you.

The information in this newsletter is for informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice or instruction. You take your own risks with cryptocurrencies and tokens. We try to provide the best information we have but cannot guarantee or warrant that you will be successful when acting according to our recommendations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:53:09 AM

Good news that they aren't risking getting caught up with regulatory red tape. However that does mean a promising project I cant get in on the ground floor of Sad

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:07:26 PM

It seems to be a good project, but the little people post here, when will it launch a big exchange like Bittrex or Binance?

Apostle4444

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:28:41 PM

It seems to be a good project, but the little people post here, when will it launch a big exchange like Bittrex or Binance?

I would not call Cryptopia a small Exchange but it's obviously one your not on.  I moved from Bittrex to Cryptopia because there Support is slow as hell.
Wheelige

Do good things

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:35:54 AM

The volume on Cryptopia is pretty limiting. Still it was nice to see PLR listed there.

║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
Apostle4444

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:20:34 PM

Pillar on the rise or perhaps a pump ?  $0.153351 (+21.49%)
XL2000

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 07:55:41 AM

I expect it not to be a pump, but anticipation for the new designed wallet
moriskarlov

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:41:40 AM

Now the price has started to grow, i think that is because PLR was added to hitbtc.com, i had not noticed it on this exchange before. With current growth rate and rising interest of investors we can expect even 2x in nearest weeks, maybe more. Pillar underlying technology is highly demanded right now,  especially after recent Ethereum Parity`s wallet hack. 
Apostle4444

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:06:54 AM

Latest newsletter from the Pillar project:

Lots of events behind and ahead of us - see what's coming up in the next days!

The Pillar Wallet Designathon
We had a fantastic time in New York, where we came together, bonded, and the team did amazing work. We had Drew and Franky from Los Angeles (design contest winners #1), Dmitry from St Petersburg on crutches (contest winner #2), and Eli (runner up) as well as Thais and Shashi from Amsterdam. Thais did a cool wrap video, we shot it from the roof of the place where everyone stayed. I hope you enjoy meeting our new design team (they all volunteered - now most of them are full-time employees).

Watch the Designathon Wrap-up Video https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=81185d5a1f&e=e6ec2eae28

Town Hall Meeting: November 21
I’ll do a full hour of Q&A on Tuesday, November 21st, at noon EST/5pm UK time. Many people will be getting ready for Thanksgiving, but I hope you’ll take the time to watch. I’ll give a short update on the project, and then take questions from an early Pillar tokenholder, Vic Patane, who has been watching Pillar from his perspective in New Jersey. He’s asked me several questions by email, so I invited him to talk with me live on YouTube.

About Vic:
Vic has over 35 years of financial industry experience.  A self-taught student of blockchain who participated in one of his first ICO’s at 3AM on a Sunday morning, when he managed to get some Pillar tokens. Vic’s goal is to learn a little more each day while working to empower those around him. 

You can send your questions to me ahead of time to info@pillarproject.io

Come to the Town Hall Meeting on YouTube https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=ba55fbe608&e=e6ec2eae28

Development Team MeetUp in London
Pillar developers will be gathering in London from the 20th of November for our architecture workshop. We will then host a "Meet our Developers" event on the next day at Rise London. Entry is limited to the first 100 people.

Developers, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders - this event is especially for you. Save the date - November 21st from 7 PM at Pillar Project HQ!

Join us at the London Dev MeetUp https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=07d51e0d4b&e=e6ec2eae28

Tijo the Arcane Bear Interview
I did another enjoyable interview with the amazing Tijo. It’s always fun. I envy his chilled/techno lifestyle in the jungle of Costa Rica. This time he was in a hotel room in Panama. It’s a short, fun conversation.

Watch Pillar Update on the Arcane Bear https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=d1a14f2fcd&e=e6ec2eae28

As always, feel free to send feedback to david@pillarproject.io and don't forget to follow our social media channels!

More soon,
David Siegel
info@pillarproject.io

moriskarlov

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

David, it seems you are a good manager, you team has a strong spirit, they are professionals, motivated, you speak with audience here on this thread, you often posts detailed reports here, i should like to all ICO projects has such attitude to development. Clearly, Pillar is one of the best 2017 investment. Project looks very attractive for short term trading and long term holding.
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:51:57 PM

When is another Pillar Token Webinar...I have a few smart questions ... Wink
Apostle4444

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:58:22 PM

Latest Pillar project newsletter:

SUMMARY
•   We are hiring semantic-data generalists, developers, Pillar University staff
•   We have two webinars soon: GDPR webinar on Nov 30th and Token webinar on Dec 7th
•   London Developer MeetUp video is on our channel as well as AMA session we livestreamed last week

The Hiring Continues
We are looking for a very particular person now: someone who understands metadata, ontologies, taxonomies, XML, semantic search, offers, spiders, bots, data science, machine learning, architecture, coding frameworks, statistics, security, and more. A semantic-data generalist.

This is a full-time position for our office in London. If you know that person, please ask him/her to come to our online community and say hi.

Join our community and introduce yourself! https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=88ca6ef3a9&e=e6ec2eae28

We are still looking for Node.js back-end developers for the core wallet and for the upcoming Business wallet. We’re also looking for strong back-end developers who play well with others.
We are putting the team together for Pillar University. It will have all kinds of resources: talks, animations, articles, courses, documentation, case studies, webinars, online events, offline events, meetups, contests, conferences, unconferences, coding camps, hackathons, scholarships, and more.
Where does the team come from? They have all been volunteering for The ICO Show, which we’ve decided to cancel. Not because it isn’t fun and informative - it’s both - it was just taking too much of my time, and I have to focus on Pillar. So we are taking the volunteer team from the ICO Show and moving them into full- and half-time positions at Pillar University.
Want to help with any of the above? Great. You’re hired. Just come to our online community and get started. Better yet, come to our office in London. To get the full scoop on our hiring process...

...see our jobs page! https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=11f69dfee6&e=e6ec2eae28

The Hiring Continues
We are looking for a very particular person now: someone who understands metadata, ontologies, taxonomies, XML, semantic search, offers, spiders, bots, data science, machine learning, architecture, coding frameworks, statistics, security, and more. A semantic-data generalist.

This is a full-time position for our office in London. If you know that person, please ask him/her to come to our online community and say hi.

Join our community and introduce yourself!

Watch Vitor Explain the Pillar Wallet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AF8sbe9Q8k
Vitor is in London, along with several other Pillaristas from around the world. Here he is explaining Pillar to a live audience at our offices in London. It's not too technical, it's his presentation of our work. He also explains how we hire and work. I hope you'll watch and enjoy!

Join us to Learn about GDPR
Michael Shea and I have an upcoming webinar on GDPR and the Pillar way for companies to be compliant. We will present the problem and our unique Pillar, open-source solution. Please join us on Thursday, November 30th, at 4pm UK time/11am EST and 5pm CET.
If you can’t join us, we are looking for:
•   Companies that want to do pilot projects with us to show our solution works.
•   Companies that want to support our GDPR lab in London with cash or developers.
•   Developers who want to join our team.
Please join our online community or mail us at info@pillarproject.io.

Save your seat for GDPR Webinar https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=727b4a85ab&e=e6ec2eae28

Join the Token Webinar
I'm writing this on the train to the airport to fly from Zurich to Amsterdam, where on Wednesday I'll give my token talk at The ICO Event Amsterdam. If you want to see that talk, I'm giving it as a webinar on December 7th from Gibraltar. Please tell your token friends!

Sign Up for the Token Webinar https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=8a2b73531f&e=e6ec2eae28

Did you watch the Town Hall Meeting last week? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g6M9_qiKFc&feature=youtu.be&list=PLXcB-xt7hlYOQVO3BGuhdb_hGBHcLktLn

As always, feel free to send feedback to david@2030.io and don't forget to follow our social media channels!

More soon,
David Siegel
info@pillarproject.io

Apostle4444

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:19:34 PM

Latest newsletter from the team at Pillar....

The Power of Showing Up
We were discussing culture today, and we realized that most of the people we’ve hired have simply started working with us without asking. They either started by coming to the event in Slovakia and then just kept going, or they literally came into our office in London, put their laptop down, and got to work without asking anyone. They just worked and got things done and didn’t ask about jobs or salaries. And I think we’ve ended up hiring almost all of them. Keeping that in mind, here are open items we can use help with …
•   More Node.js developers in London.
•   Personal assistant for three founders.
•   A person who is an expert at XML, semantic data, taxonomies, and ontologies.
•   A banking partner to help people transfer their fiat money into ether and send to the wallet.
•   Someone who seriously wants to build the world’s best blockchain explorer.
•   Someone who wants to work on messaging on the platform.
•   Someone who wants to work on calendar integration.
•   Someone who wants to help Pillar become an online giving platform.
•   Fundraising for 20|30
•   Online community (Mattermost) for 20|30
If you’re interested in any of these opportunities, please come to the appropriate community (Pillar https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=33a5879e99&e=e6ec2eae28 and 20|30 https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=f49762a647&e=e6ec2eae28) and just get started!

Join our community and introduce yourself!
https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=63379eadf2&e=e6ec2eae28

Pillar University meeting
We will have a big meeting in our office in London to discuss the upcoming Pillar University - a group of people who will help users, entrepreneurs, developers, press, and others understand and use the Pillar ecosystem. We’ll be producing a lot of videos, animations, blogs, reference material, how-to instructions, events, contests, and more. We are hiring, so join us in London for our all-day meeting starting at 10am on Monday, December 11th.

Send me a mail, if you're interested mailto:david@2030.io?subject=I%20want%20to%20join%20you%20on%20Pillar%20University%20meeting!

Join the Token Webinar
I gave my token talk in Amsterdam last week and people said it was one of the best presentations of the conference. I’m giving it online this Thursday, December 7th, at 4pm UK time/11am EST. I’ll be presenting from Gibraltar! Please spread the word, this is going to be a really informative webinar.

Sign Up for the Token Webinar https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=7ff71d6d11&e=e6ec2eae28

Notice something different?
As you can see, we have a new logo. After a few months of development, we’re happy to share it with you. It will evolve into a full branding program. I’m launching the story of the Pillar branding journey later today, but you can be the first to...

Read the Pillar Logo Story https://pillarproject.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0056162978ccced9e0e2e2939&id=9dadc7dc72&e=e6ec2eae28

Did you watch the video from Devs MeetUp? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AF8sbe9Q8k

More soon,
David Siegel
info@pillarproject.io

Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:35:41 PM

Introduction to Tokens: Blockchain, Token Types, and Business Models

About this webinar
In this one-hour presentation, David Siegel will walk through token design space and explain token business models. David is the author of The Token Handbook, the most comprehensive resource on tokens to date.

David will present his token taxonomy and discuss what's happening in the world of ICOs and tokens today. And he'll answer your questions about your token project and ICO. Join us to learn about the exploding world of blockchain tokens!

https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/13689/290481
Apostle4444

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:05:00 AM

Some Nice growth being seen:

$0.243825 USD (31.40%)
Wheelige

Do good things

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:30:31 AM

Does anyone know where a Pillar road map for their ICO marketplace thing is? Do they have one publicly available?

Apostle4444

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:03:10 AM

Does anyone know where a Pillar road map for their ICO marketplace thing is? Do they have one publicly available?

The following has some useful information:

https://wiki.pillarproject.io/index.php/Main_Page
atchoum6760
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

The price goes up what reason just a pump or something.Maybe there's some news that i don't have ? Anybody got the answer?

ivanpoldark

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:48:15 PM

The price goes up what reason just a pump or something.Maybe there's some news that i don't have ? Anybody got the answer?

I think the price goes up just because this is a natural growth. All Altcoin market is on the rise, and pillar is not an exception. More over, they are hiring, working, very active in social media, their manager looks like a sparkling personality, they are opened for community and discussions, a lot of green flags for investors. For those, who are looking pillar roadmap: https://medium.com/@pullnews/the-pillar-wallet-road-map-761222e95127
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:12:28 PM

I think the price goes up just because this is a natural growth. All Altcoin market is on the rise, and pillar is not an exception. More over, they are hiring, working, very active in social media, their manager looks like a sparkling personality, they are opened for community and discussions, a lot of green flags for investors. For those, who are looking pillar roadmap: https://medium.com/@pullnews/the-pillar-wallet-road-map-761222e95127

Green Flag indeed...This video was eye opener for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g6M9_qiKFc

David is pure professional and I like people like him - hardworking and honest....and Im not saying this just to fart rainbows over this project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: