Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Raising ICO Standards  (Read 2120 times)
viniciusfbm (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:17:47 AM

Hello guys, we are currently working in a smart contract powered pension fund platform, and studied how we could improve our ICO.

What do you think about using the following rules, do you have any suggestion to improve it? We will publish it on github and if community support it, it could become a standard for next ones.

Main Points:
  • ETH Locked through smart-contract, the funds will gradually become available based on Auctus business budget plan.
  • Smart Contract source will be published well in advance, this will allow potential investors to audit the contract.
  • We will publish our crowdsale contract address in advance, minus the last 5 digits, so there is no chance of funds being sent to an incorrect address.
  • Team will have 2 years vesting with 6 months cliff.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 01:38:01 AM

I think the last point (the vesting) is very important. It makes the team more committed.

The biggest drawback of the first point is unexpected events. What happens in case you need more funds than planned?

viniciusfbm (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:43:42 AM

I think the last point (the vesting) is very important. It makes the team more committed.

The biggest drawback of the first point is unexpected events. What happens in case you need more funds than planned?

We would set a reserve for future stakeholders that could be used to raise more funds in case of excessive devaluation, otherwise, if deemed unnecessary, we would burn it .
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:21:43 AM

the team should be committed in this project and they should be always hearing out opinions coming from the community I think give and take between dev and the supporters will make this project successful I'm sure the idea will be supported if the team will be more serious to get in touch with the investors.
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:27:15 AM

the team should be committed in this project and they should be always hearing out opinions coming from the community I think give and take between dev and the supporters will make this project successful I'm sure the idea will be supported if the team will be more serious to get in touch with the investors.
To get investorst trust, the support team cooperation is a must. Whenever I'm investing though it was small amount , i really appreciate whenever there's a team representative who replues on my questions actively. And it will interest more investors to support them if they are approachable.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
viniciusfbm (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:53:12 PM

To get investorst trust, the support team cooperation is a must. Whenever I'm investing though it was small amount , i really appreciate whenever there's a team representative who replues on my questions actively. And it will interest more investors to support them if they are approachable.

We invite you to join and interact with us on our post/slack , we really want to build this interaction, even if you are not investor and wan't to follow a project progress closer, feel free to join us:  http://slack.auctus.org https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044504.0
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:15:06 PM

You miss one thing, you should make execution of the project in the short future time. There are many ICOs execute their roadmap in the end of 2018 even in 2020. I think the coin will be forgoten or Investors will recognize scam ICOs. It is better to be ready a test net web application before launching ICOs.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:20:43 PM

I don't think most investors are willing/able to audit your code.

You should instead pay someone indipendent to do it.
geotom

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:31:14 PM

I've been thinking about some ideas around how to create an ethical ico for a while although I was coming from a slightly different angle.

Top of the list was the idea of having a smart contract that is programmed to release funds along a schedule, based upon project milestones being achieved. Initially I was thinking that the tokens attached to an ICO could vote to delay/speed up such a schedule (thus empowering investors) but then I wondered if technically this could create issues with the SEC (would token holder's hold technical shares)? Lo and behold we get the annoucement from the SEC this week and I'm having to reformulate ideas. Where are you planning to base your ICO? Switzerland?
Emadm

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

A simple ethical suggestion is to just raise the amount you need to hit the next milestone and raise more at that point.

If you're a product versus a mission this makes more sense (missions in foundations typically look to maximise funding of the foundations).

Have a treasury plan if you raise more than you need.

terry6419

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:39:29 PM

I quick cash flow projection and a timeline demonstrates you have thought through your CASH burn rate.
Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:28:44 PM

With a successful ICO project comes with a great people behind it. For sure an ICO is gonna be successful if the team behind it is passionate and well-connected to the project. If people wanted to invest in such ICO project they need to raise standards especially about the projecr and the team behind, if it is legit, safe, and if the people are willing to answer one's uneding questions about the project given.
mamaya

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:28:52 PM

Hello guys, we are currently working in a smart contract powered pension fund platform, and studied how we could improve our ICO.

What do you think about using the following rules, do you have any suggestion to improve it? We will publish it on github and if community support it, it could become a standard for next ones.

Main Points:
  • ETH Locked through smart-contract, the funds will gradually become available based on Auctus business budget plan.
  • Smart Contract source will be published well in advance, this will allow potential investors to audit the contract.
  • We will publish our crowdsale contract address in advance, minus the last 5 digits, so there is no chance of funds being sent to an incorrect address.

I see all these points except for the first one (and to some extent the 3rd one) already being used by the majority of good projects and is generally the kind of factors I look into when I decide if I should invest in an ICO.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:42:00 PM

Transparency and communication.if you can legalaise your company can be great,if you can deliver some beta of your platform will be also great.Legal aspect in your case is very important

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
viniciusfbm (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:49:23 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 10:59:35 PM by viniciusfbm

You miss one thing, you should make execution of the project in the short future time. There are many ICOs execute their roadmap in the end of 2018 even in 2020. I think the coin will be forgoten or Investors will recognize scam ICOs. It is better to be ready a test net web application before launching ICOs.

Yes i think this is the best way to show that we are able to deliver what we promise. We are almost done with those crowsale smartcontract (but still open to any suggestion and could implement it). And we are willing to deliver an alpha platform running on testnet before ICO. I think it will help to build trust and also to learn from community how we can improve our product.
coolsai

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:58:19 PM

In my opinion the most important is to already have a working product at least in alpha/beta mode before asking people to fund the project.

With more and more scams out there that will become the norm.
jggrnt

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

Main Points:

The most important is to have a good team and good product.
Good luck with your ICO
DuarteFig

Activity: 169
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 11:37:52 PM by DuarteFig

Transparency and communication.if you can legalaise your company can be great,if you can deliver some beta of your platform will be also great.Legal aspect in your case is very important

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

We are currently developing an alpha version of the platform and smart contracts, and we will be able to deliver a beta before the ICO. We completely agree that the legal aspect of our core business is very important and this is one of the main reasons why there will be a token sale to fund our project. It is very important to have a specialized legal firm backing us up and since our team is composed of professionals from investment and technology fields we need to hire a third part. Our plan for the beta / MVP version is to provide an unregulated pension fund using only digital assets that will be a Proof-of-Concept and showcase to attract traditional funds and help us with regulation to be accepted as a legit pension fund.

EDIT: In addition, we believe that our first release (digital assets pension fund) could receive support from other Blockchain startup companies that may have developers and employees around the world receiving their payments in crypto currencies and our first smart contract pension fund could be really used by our fellow blockchain enthusiasts.
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:05:23 AM

I think there should be some escrow for the funds raised from the ICO, for example a third-party escrow, many investors think it is important for evaluating the risks of scam.

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
viniciusfbm (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:17:06 AM

I think there should be some escrow for the funds raised from the ICO, for example a third-party escrow, many investors think it is important for evaluating the risks of scam.

With the eth withdrawal rules we hope to make something like an escrow, do you thing that would be enough? I think its even more secure than an escrow because it is impossible to withdrawl most of funds even if entire team tried to. Don't you agree?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: