Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin FPGA!  (Read 10870 times)
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:18:31 AM

Increased efficiency against the hashrate:price.

hows it turning out so far?

30% so I think its a good start.

May I politely suggest at this efficiency , you should market and release,  you see I know more than anyone else about the free-market , (see previous add I applied for )  , at this efficiency your proclivity to tend towards natural inequity is low.

Plus in the open market you will then get the jump on the other., your dillema of courses protecting your investment, but unfortunately , I think that's as good as it gets .

By the time you hold , you take exponentially more risk.

I explained all this before , scrypt  lead time to roi is much longer , (unless hacked) .

That's the key parts to all your market equation. ! And it's going to make you :

1. Give up

Or

2. Be more "honest"/equitable because your risk is greater.

So thank you Colin Percival , you genius.

Or continue optimizing it to increase efficiency further as planned.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:58:29 AM

I have heard on the internet that some a very few have been able to mine scrypt with FPGA. There testing showed they could achieve about the same hash as GPUs with a decrease in TGP.

When you search Gooble for Scrypt FPGA you get http://blockburner.net/ for the #1 search, not that actually means anything.

It is possible and has been done but in its current state no practical, just yet. Commence the pre- orders.   Cool

oops I am a bit tipsy, anyways FPGA Scrypt algo machines will need to be on par with ASIC in terms of BTC mined since LTC needs BTC milk for lifeforce. Scrypt, memory intensive slower . . . . . . .

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 11:05:12 AM

and take more risk, even if you planned to mine with these BFL style - its still very risky with sCrypt .

I wasn't suggesting that you would release i know you will do what you think is right , you have the numbers not me .

but i was suggesting that , the longer the lead time the larger the net risk. against the possible reward.

we will have to see what happens .   

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
jasinlee

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

and take more risk, even if you planned to mine with these BFL style - its still very risky with sCrypt .

I wasn't suggesting that you would release i know you will do what you think is right , you have the numbers not me .

but i was suggesting that , the longer the lead time the larger the net risk. against the possible reward.

we will have to see what happens .   

It is only risky if we are not able to get the price per fpga down or unable to increase the hash rate. Both of which are in the works. They are not ready to go live, people will just need to keep their pants on.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

I have heard on the internet that some a very few have been able to mine scrypt with FPGA. There testing showed they could achieve about the same hash as GPUs with a decrease in TGP.

When you search Gooble for Scrypt FPGA you get http://blockburner.net/ for the #1 search, not that actually means anything.

It is possible and has been done but in its current state no practical, just yet. Commence the pre- orders.   Cool

oops I am a bit tipsy, anyways FPGA Scrypt algo machines will need to be on par with ASIC in terms of BTC mined since LTC needs BTC milk for lifeforce. Scrypt, memory intensive slower . . . . . . .

You are correct, it just mean's the SEO on the site is doing what it is supposed to  Cheesy

We're as far along as anyone else with a Scrypt optimized FPGA as far as I can tell.

The optimization will help though realistically won't produce any outrageous performance gains (but we will see with our first implementation), the real advantages to FPGAs over GPUs are in far less power usage and heat output, which translates into a better ROI over GPUs in the longer run and can be scaled up with much greater ease.

I actually talked to Enterpoint before I ever started the BlockBurner thread here, I was told basically they were so backed up on other projects they likely would have a lead time of 6 months or more for anything new. No idea if that changed since then (back in march I think?) however.

crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:23:57 PM

You are correct, it just mean's the SEO on the site is doing what it is supposed to  Cheesy

We're as far along as anyone else with a Scrypt optimized FPGA as far as I can tell.

The optimization will help though realistically won't produce any outrageous performance gains (but we will see with our first implementation), the real advantages to FPGAs over GPUs are in far less power usage and heat output, which translates into a better ROI over GPUs in the longer run and can be scaled up with much greater ease.

I actually talked to Enterpoint before I ever started the BlockBurner thread here, I was told basically they were so backed up on other projects they likely would have a lead time of 6 months or more for anything new. No idea if that changed since then (back in march I think?) however.

I just wrote them again to catch up. They had quoted me loosely at 30K GBP to design a Litecoin mining system, which is expensive no doubt. Although one wonders what it would be like to get a group of people together to raise the funds for that. Maybe jumping straight to building an ASIC would be expensive, but incredibly profitable potentially. (Potentially as is- can the Litecoin infrastructure survive currently at having mining becoming professional?)

more or less retired.
jasinlee

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:42:03 PM

I just wrote them again to catch up. They had quoted me loosely at 30K GBP to design a Litecoin mining system, which is expensive no doubt. Although one wonders what it would be like to get a group of people together to raise the funds for that. Maybe jumping straight to building an ASIC would be expensive, but incredibly profitable potentially. (Potentially as is- can the Litecoin infrastructure survive currently at having mining becoming professional?)

Just wondering, are you working with them directly to hype their product?

For any company about to attempt a Salsa20 stream cipher hardware implementation is in for a lot of trial and error. By project completion I estimate we will have had a total of 12 redesigns.

gudmunsn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:37:25 PM

What is the status of this? Is it possible to purchase one of these anywhere?

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:49:54 PM

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
jasinlee

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:55:23 PM

Most of the info is on the litecoin forum.

Exchange Email

Activity: 582

Colo - PBX - Server - IPv4 Broker - RemotePC - VPN

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 12:43:09 AM

hows this project going, love to test these with our NR104 FPGA mining rigs https://nocroom.com/fpga

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: