Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:40:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be wise to ONLY invest into alt coins?  (Read 912 times)
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:48:39 PM

I always thought that it is not good to put all money into one or another. Why can't you just diversify my friend? you can do like %20 bitcoin and %80 altcoins. It would be better.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:21:54 PM

Before I would invest in altcoins, I would first buy bitcoins for the 1000$, place them into my wallet with my private key before August 1st. There are only a few days so I would collect first a few free BCC and then invest in altcoins or even ICO coins.

Investing in altcoins alone wouldn't be that much beneficial. Although altcoin calues are good this time. There could be possible circumstance that could make it stop rising. It would be better to keep some or place it to any other investments.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:29:16 PM

Many altcoins have outperformed BTC during the last 4 years in terms of % gains and I don't think it will be much different in the next 4 years. That said, many alts have also disappeared completely. So the answer of your questions lies in the selection of altcoins that you are going to make. My biggest alt positions entering 2018 will be IOTA and Tezos.
ikeskinoz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

I believe that some altcoins will be 10x or more than but they will not be Bitcoin. I'm 50% Btc 25% altcoins 25% fiat. I think it's nice mix Smiley
Soutogu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:12:36 PM

As with any kind of investment, you have to diversify. Investing in cryptocurrencies ONLY is already very risky... And leaving out the main coin makes it even riskier. My two cents: invest in different coins (including btc and eth, the biggest ones) but also invest some of your money in safer places outside of the crypto world (depends a lot which country you're from)
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:41:09 PM

I guess it's better to invest more in bitcoin since despite the erratic status of it's value, it is still more established compared to some other altcoins and it had somehow proven its worth thru the years. Although i am not saying it's not good to invest in altcoins since some of it are doing a good job but it depends in whick altcoin you're investing to. It's a risk, a gamble. Though it's not bad to invest in both and if wver you do, just try to observe the changes so you'll know what to do next.

Olivious

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

Its always wise to invest in altcoins as long as you know what you are entering. Many altcoins are scam scheme so you must take care of your funds.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:08:08 AM

I guess it's better to invest more in bitcoin since despite the erratic status of it's value, it is still more established compared to some other altcoins and it had somehow proven its worth thru the years. Although i am not saying it's not good to invest in altcoins since some of it are doing a good job but it depends in whick altcoin you're investing to. It's a risk, a gamble. Though it's not bad to invest in both and if wver you do, just try to observe the changes so you'll know what to do next.
To reduce the rate of risk occurring, you can search the altcoin information you want to invest. A little tips to choose altcoin that has high trade volume.

Investing in altcoin is indeed a very fun, Because this is very profitable for the short term.

Indeed it is very good to share your money in Bitcoin and Altcoin, If you want quick profit then choose altcoin.
Bitcoin is perfect for long-term investments
Haesoo

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:14:05 AM

I have asked this question to myself when I started to get into crypto and came to the conclusion that holding solid altcoin projects seem to give better returns Smiley

Yeah just like now that the correction is approaching I convert 70℅ of my bitcoin into some potential altcoins like eth, waves and ltc just to be safe and have a good return of investment. Better than to be safe than sorry, I think its the wisest move so far. Don't put all your investment into altcoin, I mean leave some btc into your wallet as the price now is so good.
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:18:11 AM

I agree with you, because I'm sure bitcoin is still more stable than altcoin, my experienced 2 years ago when I buying bitcoin at the price of $ 350, and I still  keep it and proved this year the price increased and i believe the price will be increase again. But there is nothing wrong with investing in altcoin because many of the altcoins are popular and may be able to co-exist with bitcoin.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:36:41 AM

In my opinion,  i dont consider investing in bitcoin as being a wise move,  the value of bitcoin is high which means that the risk is high as well. Rather earn bitcoin than to invest in it. The best thing you can do in my opinion,  is to invest in altcoins and ICOs. Although there is risk involved in every investment,  but this kind of investment will benefit you in a long run,  and the risk is very low. You can even consider investing in ethereum since the value fell,  and who knows maybe the value will go up within a month and start reaching new all time highs.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:53:33 AM

In my case no I don't think it is wise for you to only invest in altcoins, divide your capital and invest also in bitcoin. In that way if the altcoins are down at least you still have other coins and bitcoin to balance your profits.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:22:47 AM

Investing in top tier altcoins generates good returns,
however investing in low volume coins gives more profit but on the other hand, its more risky as well
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

You must do maximum diversifying to low risks. Invest only in alt coins is not good idea. Spread your investment in coins, which you trust more, maybe top 10-20.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:08:32 AM

In my case no I don't think it is wise for you to only invest in altcoins, divide your capital and invest also in bitcoin. In that way if the altcoins are down at least you still have other coins and bitcoin to balance your profits.
Yes for me it is not good investing only in altcoins. Just be practical dont stick to one it is much better to divide it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: