Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:43:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guptacoin - Digital India - Real Financial Freedom  (Read 3428 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:01:55 PM

dev are you open bounty?

No party for other part of the world if you browsed few posts above than you will see distribution plan via sms verification only for Indian people. You have to mine it or buy from exchange after airdrop round will get finished.
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:52:57 PM

Any news ?
lucky1488

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:49:33 PM

Wallet? Conf solo ?
chingachgook

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:01:49 PM

Also 'Gupta' is worst name. Take a look what Guptas did to South Africans. http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/observations/2017/07/gupta-scandal-how-british-pr-firm-came-unstuck-south-africa

Gupta scammed entire nation of South Africa. Do not trust Gupta.

This. Guptas are shiites.
guptacoin (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:56:46 PM

Isnt a surname of Indian people. Nxt thing ppl with come out with ChoudharyCoin, SharmaCoin. I betcha u have a surname by the Gupta.  Cheesy

Well, there is a reason why Gupta is a surname in India. It has a long rooted history in our country. Here is a good article about it and we think it explains perfectly well why we chose this name: http://www.coin-competition.eu/history/the-golden-age-of-indian-coinage-the-gupta-coins/

Edit - About the SMS verification, how do you intend to do it. Do ppl need to submit their numbers?

Yes, we are in the process of setting up a SMS verification server with one of the largest telco's in India for this purpose. The penetration grade of smartphones in India is huge compared to other countries, so is the need and awareness of alternative currencies.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:06:11 PM

There are some excellent ideas here.

First, a coin dedicated to the Indian market is a huge opportunity.  I don't know enough about different cryptos to know if there are other coins targeting India (I'd be surprised if there aren't already people trying this) but India's bureaucracy is heavy.  This may be an area ripe for the kind of decentralization cryptos bring.

True, India has a masive potential to adopt crypto currency. There have been some attempts to start a coin for India, but all failed in getting approval to be tradable against existing currency. We are going about this differently. We airdrop tokens that people can chose to use as currency. We are not selling them. That's also why we incentivize people setting up their own nodes, so we can build a strong and decentralized network as infrastructure.

Second, airdroping via SMS is a great idea.  There are actually a lot of charities that seek to bring mobile technology (e.g. via mesh networks) to poor and rural areas of India, because many consider mobile technology to be the key to unlocking the potential of these areas, especially when telecom is already huge in urban India.  Any opportunity to interface with the coin via SMS will make it accessible to Indians and tie it to the existing projects that want to use phones to empower rural India.

You are right again here. India has a great need for accessible currency and the best way to do this is by mobile phones (over 90% penetration).

Any idea when you might be providing more detail?  Are we talking days?  Weeks?

Well, we have been busy last week with many things, but you can expect way more in-depth information within weeks.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:20:31 PM

Isnt a surname of Indian people. Nxt thing ppl with come out with ChoudharyCoin, SharmaCoin. I betcha u have a surname by the Gupta.  Cheesy

Edit - About the SMS verification, how do you intend to do it. Do ppl need to submit their numbers?

When there can be Trump coin, why not Guptacoin. I like Modi coin too lol

Will this coin be used only on Indian shopping websites/markets?

Well, we didn't chose Gupta because it is a surname. Gupta is a well known surname in India because it has a history: http://www.coin-competition.eu/history/the-golden-age-of-indian-coinage-the-gupta-coins/

And yes, we focus 100% on Indian market. Of course there will be international opportunities later as markets don't know borders.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

premine 75% ,shit idea!

Is this an ambitious or stupid goal?
75% premine? are you serious?
Hope you guys have a good plan to develop this project, good luck

Today most ICO's are 100% premine, yet they tend to get millions thrown at them without any end product. We don't ask for any contributions before we show the entire end product.

We do plan to acquire some funds through a separate ICO that can fund the initial costs of the SMS setup and add campaign. These tokens will not be linked to the Guptacoin directly, but can be best compared to holding a share in the foundation that holds the key to the growing infrastructure.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:17:12 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 09:06:59 PM by guptacoin

I think announcements with just a picture and a "more coming soon" isn't that good. Why not just wait until you have the whitepaper and everything ready and the, bam! All at once?

We agree with you. But there are several reasons why we didn't wait any longer (we have been working on this for 8 months now).

First is excitement on our part. We wanted to start sharing our thoughts with this community.

Secondly, we want to have some input from you as well. We have a lot of time and money invested already and also have some awesome people with great experience advising us. Still we know early discussions on this forum can be of great value as well.

Third, we need this account to be active enough to be able to interact with the community swiftly and without limitations. Being a newbie doesn't help, so we like to interact and get a more working status along the line.

Honest enough?
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:23:35 PM

Stupid coin with stupid goal. Crypto currencies were meant to bring people together.

I hope your shit coin fails.

I Hope your lack of interest beside Ethereum News dies. India in many parts of the country is suffering from the lack of pressed fiat currency. The size of the country in terms of money management is nowhere compared to any country. I am an European, maybe since my country has close ties for centuries with India we get more news but still. It wouldn't hurt to google it first.

Some people in India just don't have access to fiat currency, in the means that would be necessary. If you add that to the fact that some people don't have access to a decent banking system, or at least functional one like in the west. The distribution is flawled.

I want to know more on how they think this should work, understand how they might create value for the coin (as it will be distributed) and get people either mining it or be used as node. And how they plan to work around the 1 person = x Gupta, then if one person dies = y, one person is born = z.

If this options are not implemented, the whole point behind the set number of coins per person is useless.

Thanks for your educated insights. You catch the exact reason why we decided to do this.

As an answer to your last question, we have no true answer. We planned a certain amount to be released to the people of India. Surely we can't foresee any demographics in the future. But the total amount of Gupta released to the people will organically balance itself between it's users.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:31:59 PM

Well I'm not targeted so my interest is very low. But good luck, and I like the image, that's why I continued to read the thread  Smiley

Thanks!

Unfortunately, since this is a new account, our images are not shown yet. One of the reasons we started this ANN early.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:42:01 PM

premine 75% , why not 100% , plan !

Well, we haven't really been clear on this, so we understand your remark. We truly believe that building a real decentralized network that is carried by the people of India is the best solution. Not the easiest, that would be an ICO on an existing platform like ETH or WAVES.

The true value lies within the infrastructure we are planning to build in India. Once people are able to be their own banks and participate in the infrastructure that enables them to use money as it's supposed to be, then we are successful! Relying on a platform that is run by foreign entities is not aligned with that thought. That's why we leave 25% to be mined by the self supporting network.
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:59:10 PM

Is there any time set when the white paper will be released?
When guptacoin is going to be minable?

Yes, we plan to fully disclose every part of our initiative before 1st of september. We also will setup a mining pool that is ready to mine the very first blocks before the chain goes life. We even plan to let miners hook up before the GPT chain is started and give ROI by channeling alternative crypto's with the same algo before the initial block. So no loss of hashing power!

Once the chain is live (and the first blocks with premine have been secured), we will release the entire source.
hashgoalPool

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:34:13 AM

Is this an ambitious or stupid goal?
75% premine? are you serious?
Hope you guys have a good plan to develop this project, good luck

i think you need to read from start, 75% premine and from that 65% is airdrop(free distribution).

TheFoes

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:48:01 AM

alright. im in. so when we do start mining it? pls make a full guide to start mining this thing. i will prepare my mining rig to mine this at any time.  lets prosper together GUPTAJI. good luck. will be waiting for the wallet, airdrop and mining. do the best dev!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
guptacoin (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:21:37 AM

alright. im in. so when we do start mining it? pls make a full guide to start mining this thing. i will prepare my mining rig to mine this at any time.  lets prosper together GUPTAJI. good luck. will be waiting for the wallet, airdrop and mining. do the best dev!

Thanks, we welcome everyone to join in mining and otherwise. We will release new info on our progress on a daily basis from now on.
karan1498

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

negative
hashgoalPool

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:52:21 AM

negative

what you mean buddy?

karan1498

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:14:03 PM

what you mean buddy?

wont work buddy
malcolml4

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:20:19 PM

Why not put more information?This will give everyone an intuitive view of the content, otherwise investors will find it boring.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: