Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:53:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHIFT a sleeping giant !!  (Read 3653 times)
albio87 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:42:52 PM

Hi guys, i'm always reading post here but is my very first topic. I'm trying to study and understand the crypto market but is not the right time to make prevision.

However i'm here to spread the attention on SHIFT.

First of all to be clear i would like to point out that i have a small stack of 180 bought at 0.0003800.

The pourpose of this post is not to pump it just because i'm in (my stack is ridiculous), but to explain why i'm in and understand, in case someone disagrees, why i'm wrong.

Well, firstly they aim to decentralize the web, it's seems to be interesting and at least original. Through my researc they seems to be active in developement.
The marketcap is still low compared to big players, low circulating supply, dumped 3x from the ATH and still down while the other are shyly rising up.

So for me the point is not if but when.
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 02:51:09 PM

I agree with you on most of the point.
Shift has good team behind it.
But the trading volume is very low.
Shift needs some attention from big whale.
Then it can go higher in my opinion.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

I agree with you on most of the point.
Shift has good team behind it.
But the trading volume is very low.
Shift needs some attention from big whale.
Then it can go higher in my opinion.
Or they need very active marketing machine
jeepbrahhh

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:30:19 PM

If you're holding your Shift in their online wallet they are as good as gone. The devs have control over all the private keys
treefiddycena

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:10:43 PM

If you're holding your Shift in their online wallet they are as good as gone. The devs have control over all the private keys
https://i.imgur.com/xpu2kWr.png
MrMoneyPenny

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

That's a quite tendentious statement. Though, private keys communicated in plain text is a very serious design flaw. Especially in crypto we may expect security by design and a code quality review process.
As I understand, the problem was not recognized immediately as 'critical' by the development teams of RISE/Shift/LISK? Only after some community pressure? Then it sais much about their security awareness and development skills...

currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:09:59 PM

My analysis on Shift: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047973.msg20407368#msg20407368

TL;DR: Not a sleeping giant. But has potential.

turbulence

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:14:57 PM

am buying some shift on dips. don't know if i'm a believer really but seems worth a gamble, i think it can go to 5$ in short to medium term and plus maybe they will surprise with something good so i will keep some for longterm maybe

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
currypto

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:17:23 PM

am buying some shift on dips. don't know if i'm a believer really but seems worth a gamble, i think it can go to 5$ in short to medium term and plus maybe they will surprise with something good so i will keep some for longterm maybe

I have invested in Shift (about 1BTC) despite not believing in it 100%. As soon as they come up with some sort of collaboration effort with IPFS team this will absolutely take off, and be a main Sia competitor (which I think Sia will be dominant, and Shift will be the shitty alternative, but still popular).

treefiddycena

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:36:18 PM

I have invested in Shift (about 1BTC) despite not believing in it 100%. As soon as they come up with some sort of collaboration effort with IPFS team this will absolutely take off, and be a main Sia competitor (which I think Sia will be dominant, and Shift will be the shitty alternative, but still popular).

Shift has different use-cases from Sia

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/102/sia-vs-ipfs
currypto

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 10:49:50 PM

Shift has different use-cases from Sia

https://forum.sia.tech/topic/102/sia-vs-ipfs

Yes I am aware. IPFS is not really for long-term storage and as Taek says, an HTTP replacement.

Drassler

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:04:02 PM

Shift is going down preety hard right now... a good moment to get in on it maybe ?
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 01:20:57 PM

In any case it really sleeps very well .. Cheesy

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
currypto

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 01:24:20 PM

Shift is going down preety hard right now... a good moment to get in on it maybe ?

No, it is only going down because people want their BTC in case of the hardfork. They will get 2x the amount of BTC.

The hardfork will not happen though. Miners have already voted with > 90% confidence of the New York Agreement.

Wait until this blows over. I would actually buy in 2 days from now. Then you will see MASSIVE buy-backs.

Kenny001

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:30:50 PM

Many sleeping giants that still need to discovered.

Invest in coins from big to very small. 20/40/40  

Very small coins can go up 1000x, diversify. Put enough money in it and wait for the jackpot.  Most coins started very small and did climb x1000 before they have a 50m marketcap.
 Read, investigate and buy. Pray
I did my homework, next pump and im done.

Drassler

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:26:19 PM

Any ideeas where i could buy SHIFT or any altcoin in general for fiat ? Thank you
albio87 (OP)

Merit: 107

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:04:37 PM

i think it's better to wait right now, if it will resist above 0.00021-0.00022, there's a good chance to bounce up, otherwise we could find steps at 0.00013 and 0.00010
 but i'm newbie so maybe i'm wrong =D
cryptor47

Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:26:16 PM

Many sleeping giants that still need to discovered.

Invest in coins from big to very small. 20/40/40  

Very small coins can go up 1000x, diversify. Put enough money in it and wait for the jackpot.  Most coins started very small and did climb x1000 before they have a 50m marketcap.
 Read, investigate and buy. Pray
I did my homework, next pump and im done.

Very good post. My thought and strategy is very similar with perhaps a bit different ratio of 15/30/55. Trying to catch that one coin, that one investment that will turn my $1000 into half a million and those can only be found with coins that have a market cap well bellow 5 million
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:37:03 PM

Shift is a long-term buy and hold coin for me. Should go up big after Aug 1 bitcoin FUD is out of the way.
Fender08

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:38:59 PM

Every time I try to buy shift on bittrex it stays in open orders for days and I never receive all if any and end up canceling the order. Why is this. Every other thing I've purchased on bittrex went trough within a minute tops.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: