Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:19:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a crypto company introduce more mineable coins years down the road?  (Read 299 times)
medstudent (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 06:03:52 PM

Just a question...

Is it possible for a crypto company to introduce more mineable coins after all coins have been mined? I'm working on a project myself where all coins will be mined within 9-10 years. I want to destroy 1 million locked, pre-mined coins during that time (around 10k/month), and reintroduce that 1 million coins available for mining (which will take 9-10 years to fully mine)

Main reason I want to do this is because I want to give new crypto users a chance to be able to mine my coins, giving newer users a chance to get involved in what I expect to be quite a solid company by that time.

If anyone can answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 09:17:24 AM

Is it possible for a crypto company to introduce more mineable coins after all coins have been mined?

Yes, but it's impossible to predict accurately whether the users of the network will accept the change or possibly even create a solution of their own that is diametrically opposite.

You might care to reflect on the kind of relationship a company *can* have with a peer-to-peer network of pseudonymous nodes. I don't think the notion of “control” is at all supported. Your thinking should be along the lines of “influence”, “persuade”, “bribe”, “plead”, “beg”, “threaten self-harm”.

Cheers

Graham

medstudent (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 10:33:00 AM

Just a question...

Is it possible for a crypto company to introduce more mineable coins after all coins have been mined? I'm working on a project myself where all coins will be mined within 9-10 years. I want to destroy 1 million locked, pre-mined coins during that time (around 10k/month), and reintroduce that 1 million coins available for mining (which will take 9-10 years to fully mine)

Main reason I want to do this is because I want to give new crypto users a chance to be able to mine my coins, giving newer users a chance to get involved in what I expect to be quite a solid company by that time.

If anyone can answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

You want to premine all coins and offer users to get them by mining... if I understood right. Smiley

This wouldn't be quite a bad idea and you could create a big connected supercomputer from this for e.g. scientifical experiments... (maths, astronomics, physics, etc.) there is a lot of computing power needed. Wink

No. I want to pre-mine about 70% and have the rest able to be mined. I want a time of 10 years for those 30% to be mined. During the 10 year period, 9-10% of the PRE-MINED coins will be destroyed and be reintroduced as mineable coins for old/NEW users to mine. In the long run, the amount of coins issued will never change.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: