Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:42:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and crime...  (Read 1815 times)
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:38:33 PM

Illegal acts even crime is really part of every countries economy regardless of what country this issue is very inevitable and we cannot blame if bitcoin was use for it. Bitcoin is also a currency like every other fiat its just that it has no physical value but using it is like other currency we don't have any control over the owner of it
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:47:13 PM

bitcoins, actually cryptos in general, greatly facilitate the operation of crime.

crime, organized crime at least, usually has profit motive attached (ignore terrorism for the sake of this argument). bitcoin is money, not quite anonymous, but anonymous enough at this point. the government basically doesnt like illicit earnings because it does not get to tax said earnings. whats one f the easiest ways to avoid taxation at the moment, with a significant amount of value?

bitcoin Wink

so bitcoin will always attract the not so noble crowd, in its current form it just happens to be a pretty effective tool for transmitting illicit funds quickly and quietly Sad

i think we are seeing more and more everyday that BTC is not ideal for illicit activity. it's easily traceable. a few years ago, blockchain/taint analysis wasn't a big thing, but there is an entire industry based around it now. and these companies work very closely with law enforcement agencies. in that vein, it's no big surprise to see alphabay and hansa shut down the way they were. i would even be wary of some of the BTC mixers..... if i were the FBI or INTERPOL, i'd be running mixers as honeypots. hell, law enforcement was running hansa as a honeypot!

i hope that XMR continues to confound blockchain analysis companies. it seems to be our best hope for anonymity of the blockchain.

nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:52:08 PM

In my country since there are cases of bitcoin malware with the increasingly make bad bitcoin image in the eyes of the people.i Hope in your country is not so and hopefully the future of people's view about bitcoin getting better... Smiley Smiley Wink

Fiat is also used to fund crimes and a lot more than Bitcoin. BTC is a new used currency by a small community (compared to the worldwide population), and crime is funded since very long time, via fiat currencies.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:15:50 AM

Bitcoin was first used as a tool for criminals to transact with relative anonymity (especially at the beginning when 99.9% of police departments did not understand the blockchain). Everyone knows this. It still happens to this day though, unfortunately.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:35:01 AM

The biggest obstacle to Bitcoin's legalization is that it has been used for bad purposes. Unfortunately, in the following days, the malicious person can contaminate the name of Bitcoin, but sometimes it can have positive results, you remember the Wannacry virus.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
cakra

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:44:42 AM

is actually not a bad bitcoin, it's just being utilized by people who are less responsible. so often used to do cyber criminal, anonymous, difficult to trace.
kingragnar

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:46:14 AM

think positive bro. Bitcoin become scum and breaks people's view here.Because people who are selfish and vulnerable are scattered on the internet.Therefore it is always worth taking care.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:03:47 AM

in my country bitcoin also illegal but I hope our government should be legal this.most of the young site of my county they are involved in bitcoin. that's why day by day bitcoin popularity in my country is very higher.

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:11:22 AM

In my country since there are cases of bitcoin malware with the increasingly make bad bitcoin image in the eyes of the people.i Hope in your country is not so and hopefully the future of people's view about bitcoin getting better... Smiley Smiley Wink

People also used fiat currency for their criminal activities. So why now blame it on Bitcoin because is modern currency?

I agree, why blame bitcoin if people are the one who are using it. Bitcoin will be just an accessory to the crime.
Whatever people use for their bad doings it's not the fault of such thing instead the blame is all in the people.
And no one of us can prevent this because bitcoin is pseudonymous and no one can track transaction and we're all clueless.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:46:06 AM

in my country bitcoin also illegal but I hope our government should be legal this.most of the young site of my county they are involved in bitcoin. that's why day by day bitcoin popularity in my country is very higher.

Then I think you need to be very careful since bitcoin is illegal in your place. There is a lot of reason that bitcoin is illegal in your country and also, there are a lot of countries that ban bitcoin too. And I also think your statement is confusing me, a lot of site are involved in bitcoin but the thing is it is banned in your country and it's popularity is increasing.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:00:23 AM

Criminals have always used and will use advanced technology for their own purposes. However, this is not an excuse to ban them. For example, many crimes are always committed with the use of household knives. However, it never occurred to anyone to prohibit knives, because criminals use them. This is the problem of law enforcement agencies as such criminals to find and isolate. This should not stop technical progress.

eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:14:39 AM

The ransom ware attack you are mentioning is not focused on a particular country,it was a global thing and sure they are asking bounties in form of bitcoin,does it get a bad name because of that,may be from people who does not understand what bitcoin is,criminals change and they will find a new way to get their ransom,there are anonymous crypto currencies and in short time they will start sending out attacks and asking to pay in those.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:25:16 AM

If you could say which country you are..
Well, as with cryptos there are these illegal activities attached, even with fiat these kind of illegal activities happen, but in a different way. So I don't see just making BITCOIN associated with crime, because the beloved fiat, have also these issues. And as BTC is new, and less centralized, maybe someone who has the expertise can make some upgrades and make btc flawless( not entirely) and better than the fiat currencies.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:45:48 AM

There has always been crime, and bitcoin is often used in crime on the internet. It has created a bad image of bitcoin, but om glad that at least in my country, the media covers only the positive parts of bitcoin Smiley
as much as it perpetuates a negative stigma of bitcoin, you need to show the bad parts of what happens in the cryptocurrency world. there's no point in making bitcoin seem like a perfect idea, people need to be aware, or be given the opportunities to be aware of everything they can concerning their finances. it might be nice to just hear good news all the time, but there's no point in sheltering people in the long run. whatever media outlet's youre watching that only cover the positives of bitcoin, id advise you to stop watching those.

Criminals have always used and will use advanced technology for their own purposes. However, this is not an excuse to ban them. For example, many crimes are always committed with the use of household knives. However, it never occurred to anyone to prohibit knives, because criminals use them. This is the problem of law enforcement agencies as such criminals to find and isolate. This should not stop technical progress.
anyone will use anything available to them. not using the resources available to you is just limiting yourself, nothing more. as it follows, normal currency, the kind we're used  to is widely used by criminals as well, in fact, the great majority of criminal dealings involve fiat currency. so why is it not illegal? there's zero actual substance to the 'criminals use bitcoin' argument as far as i can see.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
tabrin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:46:27 AM

There is malware and virus for everything, it's not just for bitcoin.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:02:48 AM

In our country,even we are part of thirds world poor country,i have not  heard news or some folks story that bitcoin involve in crimes  rates or drugs.mostly people here's our country not so familiar about bitcoin.mostly bitcoin here is used in right direction,mostly people here used bitcoin for investment and financial needs.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:22:44 AM

In our country,even we are part of thirds world poor country,i have not  heard news or some folks story that bitcoin involve in crimes  rates or drugs.mostly people here's our country not so familiar about bitcoin.mostly bitcoin here is used in right direction,mostly people here used bitcoin for investment and financial needs.

Bitcoin and crime are there's no point in making bitcoin seem like a perfect idea, people need to be aware, or be given the opportunities to be aware of everything they can concerning their finances. it might be nice to just hear good news all the time, but there's no point in sheltering people in the long rudrugs  i have not  heard news or some folks story that bitcoin involve in crimes  rates or drugs this are bitcoin and crime
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

Bitcoin Malware?? what Do you mean?? do not associate bitcoin with a crime, because the crime can be done with or without bitcoin. even before bitcoin is created any crime can be done.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:31:28 AM

any currency can be used in crime not only bitcoin , so the people decide that .
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:31:12 PM

Bitcoin will continue to be used for crime just like the internet is, eventually people will just become numb to it. Criminals operate with USD, JPY, CNY ect. Bitcoin will be no different.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: