Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:55:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you know why btc-e.com was hacked?  (Read 414 times)
JNiks_ZLisa (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:59:11 AM

Do you know why btc-e.com was hacked?
Because the new SEGWIT software has a critical error.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:31:24 AM

Where did you get the news that it was hacked? I think that is just the reasons of those caught owner of the said site to gain sympathy to the public or for them nit to be held liabke for scamming people. I have seen many investment sites that after they gain a huge amount of money from the investors, they will close the site and will tell the people that they are declaring bankruptcy or that their site got hacked but in reality, they just want to scam people.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:33:55 AM

I think you got this fud from one of the BCC supporter, there is nothing like btc-e got hacked or there is any critical error in segwit software.
BTC-e founder was arrested in Greece because he is suspected to be involved with money laundering and mt gox hack which occurred 3 years ago. 
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:54:49 AM

Btc-e.com is one of the trading sites that I often use to trade and also to invest there. After I heard about a segwit on August 1st, then I moved all my assets there. Last time I opened btc-e.com yesterday, and it was inaccessible. I think there is a site improvement only

Then is it true that this site has been hacked? Where can I read the information?
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:13:54 AM

Btc-e.com is one of the trading sites that I often use to trade and also to invest there. After I heard about a segwit on August 1st, then I moved all my assets there. Last time I opened btc-e.com yesterday, and it was inaccessible. I think there is a site improvement only

Then is it true that this site has been hacked? Where can I read the information?

Maybe you're too late with the recent news. Just read piloder & erickkyut comments.

Also, you might want to be informed with these articles -

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-indicts-alexander-vinnik-alleged-operator-btc-e-money-laundering-2017-7

https://www.coindesk.com/coindesk-explainer-btc-e-arrest-mt-gox-connection-big-news/

http://fortune.com/2017/07/27/btc-e-digital-currency/
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:38:58 AM

I think it was not hacked but by the arrest of its owner because of money laundering accusations, its obviously needs to be shutdown by the government for investigation. And I'm not sure of the critical error on Segwit as well. You need to get your facts straight before posting anything. Stop the non truth otherwise back it up with facts. Need you to get around the forum as well to educated yourself. And not just posting anything unfounded.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: