From a "Newby" Kind of sight
I remeber some posts, most likely i didn't read them all to the end, but this is how i see it:
- I read about people, complaining that their account at MTGox got hacked and they lost bitcoins.
- there was a post, about a putting a lot of Bitcoins into one account @Mtgox i think
- there was the big saleoff, resulting in crash and MTGox shutdown
- MTGox Userdatabase got public
For me it looks like:
- MTGox got compromised
- Bitcoins were stolen from a lot of users and put together to one account, most likely with a lot of internal transactions (is this possible to trace?)
- this account cashed out and crashed the marked.
- the hacker made some money, but didn't know what to do with all the stolen bitcoins in a very short time, so they sold them all at once to have some "fun"...
Am i affected:
i changed my password at the 18th to 20Chars (and it is in the leeked data)
i had less then 10$ / 10BT at MTGox. When the crash happend i tried to buy some for 0.2 but failed.