Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.96.1 is out!  (Read 6694 times)
shogoo9U

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:16:23 PM

I certainly didn't mean to complain, sorry if it sounded that way. FWIW, I'm really happy with the direction Armory is going and the pace it's going there is incredible, especially for a one-man show.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:53:24 PM

I certainly didn't mean to complain, sorry if it sounded that way. FWIW, I'm really happy with the direction Armory is going and the pace it's going there is incredible, especially for a one-man show.

I used the word complain in the sense that no one raised an issue with the build dependency, therefor I never gave it much attention. I simply grand fathered it from the legacy Makefile when I reworked the build process in autotools. I seriously have no idea why it was preferred over more common calls to copy files around, but when you've battled autohell for 2 weeks in a row, your bar for acceptable code has long moved from "ideal" to "if it works I'll take it". I'm guessing this is the state of mind etotheipi was in when he wrote his Makefile.

As for the updated build dep instructions, that was PR'ed in, and that's more symptomatic of my build setup than anything else: My machines have had all the stuff I need to build for years now, therefor are dark areas of the build system in the sense that I just have no idea if the dependency is common to most distros or if it's something I'm shoe horning by negligence.

* pathing 1: apparently, ArmoryDB is expected to be in $PATH (it's called just by name) -- maybe use the absolute path (from configure)?
* pathing 2: the screen that shows the deck of cards seems to be very sensitive. It works, when launched in $PREFIX/share/armory (i.e., directly above img), otherwise I just get blank buttons, like under Windows -- some base path for resources not initialised correctly?

Will have to look into it.

For whatever reason, the images in for the deck of cards are being read from the file system instead of the pyqt image resource. It's an easy fix, but again a symptom of stuff I overlook cause my build system is set in such a manner I just don't get to see this bugs. That and the small test coverage I get for GUI.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 10:04:32 PM

I used the word complain in the sense that no one raised an issue with the build dependency, therefor I never gave it much attention. I simply grand fathered it from the legacy Makefile when I reworked the build process in autotools. I seriously have no idea why it was preferred over more common calls to copy files around, but when you've battled autohell for 2 weeks in a row, your bar for acceptable code has long moved from "ideal" to "if it works I'll take it". I'm guessing this is the state of mind etotheipi was in when he wrote his Makefile.

Yeah, I seem to recall Alan stating at one point or another that, at a certain point, he just went with whatever worked, especially for user-donated code to get things like Armory on Macs running. There's quite a bit of leftover technical debt. (Not knocking Alan, just stating facts.)
shogoo9U

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:49:30 PM

The Transaction info dialog [GUI, bottom panel, Transactions tab, context menu, View Details] shows "not in the blockchain yet" for all incoming transactions that arrived during the current session (even after 20+ confirmations). Confirmations and balance are all updated in real time, as expected. Restarting the GUI helps, then it gives me a block and tx #. Probably just the UI not updating.
(No anomalies for outgoing transactions, AFAICT.)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:25:12 AM

..a bit late to the show here:
I upgraded armoryqt to 0.96.1.2, armorydb (another machine) is still on 0.96 or 0.96.1 though.
Installing runs fine.
Executing armoryqt gives
-ERROR - ���B: (BinaryData.h:1360) buffer overflow!
-ERROR - ���B: (BinaryData.h:1361) grabbing 4294967295 out of 4325 bytes
in the terminal. And I see no tx entries in the tx history window.
Didn't look around more yet. I should upgrade armorydb and/or checkout 0.96.2 tomorrow I guess?

Thanks and cheers,

Ente
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:30:54 AM

Updating armorydb to 0.96.1.2 fixed this.

Cheers,

Ente
alomar

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:48:54 PM

is Coin Control enabled?  GUI freezes whenever i click it.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:36:31 PM

It is, and it shouldn't trigger a freeze. Post your logs for investigation.

btc123thatthere

Activity: 131
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:26:54 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 01:39:23 PM by btc123thatthere

Installed 0.96.1.
Logos not appearing Applications.
When I try armory or ArmoryDB in the command line (in the /usr/bin directory) it keeps saying 'Illegal instruction (core dumped)'
Also tried 'sudo apt autoremove' which didn't make any difference.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:28:44 PM

Your CPU is old, you'll have to build from source.

btc123thatthere

Activity: 131
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:22:08 PM

How do I build from python?
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:40:59 AM

How do I build from python?

You don't. You're on Linux, right? You just do the standard autogen.sh/configure/make procedure, which is for the C/C++ code.
UncleHunto

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:26:29 AM

It is, and it shouldn't trigger a freeze. Post your logs for investigation.

I too have been having this issue with 0.96.1 and 0.96.1.2 RC2. I have some further information regarding the problem, and my armory log, as well. First, I start with a new install of 0.96.1.2 RC2 with an empty ~/.armory directory. I import my online watching only wallet from a digital backup. Armory builds it's database, scans it, scans my wallet, etc. After all this, Armory starts up fine and everything works. Before I do anything, I shut Armory down and back up the entire ~/.armory directory. I start Armory back up, the coin control button/gui works and I use it to create an unsigned transaction. After I have finished creating the unsigned transaction is when the problem starts. Now, if I open the main "Send Bitcoins" menu, and then click the button for "Coin Control", armory becomes unresponsive. I can still move the "Send Bitcoins" window, and the main armory window, but nothing inside the windows will respond to anything, and they will not close/quit, so I have to kill armory-qt and ArmoryDB from the system monitor. After I kill them, if I start up Armory again, the main window and "Send Bitcoins" menu will work but it again freezes when clicking "Coin Control". At this point, however, I can broadcast my transaction after signing it offline, and it will broadcast and confirm. In order to use my wallet again, I shutdown Armory, delete the ~/.armory folder, and restore it from my backup I made before creating the transaction. Now if I start armory up again, it will pick up my new transaction after scanning for a few seconds, and display it with the rest of my transactions. I can now successfully open the coin control menu again. I have included a link to my log file which I uploaded to my github account. My log file contained some information about my transaction, so these parts, and any other parts I thought might be sensitive information, I replaced with X's.

Log file as shown in github interface:  https://github.com/UncleHunto/logs/blob/master/armory.frozen.gui.log.txt

Log file as raw text:  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/UncleHunto/logs/master/armory.frozen.gui.log.txt
Jeffkas

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:11:34 PM

Hello,

i have a problem to login into my wallet. I have printed all Login Information, Wallet Name, ID Root Key and Chain Code, but I can’t find the paper with the Login Information.

Please help me to login in my Account.

Jeff
JanCorRoos

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:04:54 PM

Thanks and good to see that Armory is still being updated.

Is there an offline install bundle available for 0.96.1 on Ubuntu and if so where can it be found?

Thanks
alomar

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:43:33 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 05:42:29 PM by alomar

what do i need to do to remedy this.  never seen it before:

https://i.imgur.com/bD3SRiT.png

i'd just got done sending a different tx w/o any issues.  using 0.96.1 expert mode in Debian VM. 

edit:

the tx was marked as Sent.  i tried to copy raw tx and broadcast via the Broadcast Raw Tx tool w/o success.  blocks are up to date and a Armory/bitcoind restart didn't fix it.  so i redid the entire tx again, rebooted the entire VM and finally was able to broadcast the new tx.  i hope the old one doesn't show up later :0
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:31:49 AM

Enable your node RPC and restart the whole stack.

eduardo_rc

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

Hey goatpig, thanks for all your efforts. 0.96.1 has fixed many of the problems I had to get Armory running.

Now, there's two potential bugs I've found using the new version. The forst time I ran 0.96.1, all the addresses I've been using on an old wallet appeared on the "Unused Addresses", even though many of them had been used already. After sending a few txs, this seemed to be corrected.

The second point for which I'll provide a pastebin link, is I can't use the Bump Fee function.

Here's the armorylog pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/hxCKzedr

Again, thank you for all your work.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:35:54 PM

The second point for which I'll provide a pastebin link, is I can't use the Bump Fee function.

It would appear there's not enough funds left on your output to support a fee bump. You'll have to do this manually.

alomar

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

what do i need to do to remedy this.  never seen it before:

https://i.imgur.com/bD3SRiT.png

i'd just got done sending a different tx w/o any issues.  using 0.96.1 expert mode in Debian VM.  

edit:

the tx was marked as Sent.  i tried to copy raw tx and broadcast via the Broadcast Raw Tx tool w/o success.  blocks are up to date and a Armory/bitcoind restart didn't fix it.  so i redid the entire tx again, rebooted the entire VM and finally was able to broadcast the new tx.  i hope the old one doesn't show up later :0

this happened for the second time now.

both times i was trying to send two total offline tx's, one after the other.  first works fine but second gets the RPC error.

i assume that once this failure occurs and the second tx was labelled as "Sent", it's no longer possible to broadcast that tx?  i tried unsuccessfully to broadcast it with the Broadcast Raw Transaction tool.

what's the easiest way to re-enable the RPC interface?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: