Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Building RHEL(Cent/SL) and Fedora repositories if people are interested  (Read 2968 times)
meltingrobot (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:18:44 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 12:21:14 PM by meltingrobot

I'm working on building a repo that will allow Fedora/RHEL(and clones) to install all the various altcoins, both the deamon and the qt.  I'm curious what the interest is from people for this.  I'm doing it either way.

Thanks

FYI, adding the below to /etc/yum.repos.d/coins.repo will allow you to install the RPMS I have made with Yum for Fedora 18 64-bit.

Code:
[coins]
name=Crypto Coins - $basearch
baseurl=http://repos.servertoast.com/coins/fc18
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

RHEL6/Cent6/SL6

Code:
[coins]
baseurl=http://repos.servertoast.com/coins/el6
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Source RPMS Fedora 18

Code:
[coins]
name=Crypto Coins Sources - $basearch
baseurl=http://repos.servertoast.com/coins/SRPMS/fc18
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Source RPMS RHEL6/Cent6/SL6

Code:
[coins]
baseurl=http://repos.servertoast.com/coins/SRPMS/el6
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

BTC: 1CTsBk6hfMMUQNweY5ytyesuPnTu8tBF3d
LTC: LQR3WUYVT4y5XxdmJJ5ttjwi6WwST1dkzN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etbbtc

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:47:15 PM

Yes i want them on ubuntu,too
And i prefer the manual doc than repositories

By the way,do you know why im encounting this error when i make the junkcoin-qt (and powercoin-qt) on ubuntu 12.04?
What do i miss?

g++: error: E:MinGWliblibws2_32.a: No such file or directory
g++: error: E:MinGWlibliboleaut32.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [junkcoin-qt] Error 1

a lot thanks.

BTC: 19yz6H8tXVjYH8h1Kw5pboQnRtgEQzsqhQ
meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:51:52 PM

By the way,do you know why im encounting this error when i make the junkcoin-qt (and powercoin-qt) on ubuntu 12.04?
What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

I don't really have any experience building deb packages.  You could probably use alien to convert them possibly.  I haven't ran into that particular error yet when building the qt binaries, but I haven't tried to build JunkCoin or PowerCoin yet.  I will try to build them next after I finish up elacoin.

etbbtc

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:58:27 PM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

I don't really have any experience building deb packages.  You could probably use alien to convert them possibly.  I haven't ran into that particular error yet when building the qt binaries, but I haven't tried to build JunkCoin or PowerCoin yet.  I will try to build them next after I finish up elacoin.

Got that,but i would rather compile them myself for safety considerations. I have built elacoin,yacoin,bitcoin without this error. Just JunkCoin and PowerCoin are different from others. Anyway,if once you have encountered and solve this problem please let me know.Thank you very much.

meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:13:25 PM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

Got that,but i would rather compile them myself for safety considerations. I have built elacoin,yacoin,bitcoin without this error. Just JunkCoin and PowerCoin are different from others. Anyway,if once you have encountered and solve this problem please let me know.Thank you very much.

Okay, it looks like in the Makefile, it is pointing to some Windows type locations for some bizarre reason.  I'm guessing when they compiled, they had all their libraries in "E:" and compiled against that location.  I basically yanked the LIBS and INCLUDE line from one of the working Makefiles(FeatherCoin) which pointed to the right locations for my libraries and used them to replace the LIBS and INCLUDE lines for Powercoin.  I ran into some other weird issues where the final g++ line was doubled and I had to manually copy half the line to run it correctly.

Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:09:18 PM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

Currently hitting the same problem trying to compile Junkcoin-qt in Ubuntu 12.04.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
etbbtc

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:37:25 AM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

Okay, it looks like in the Makefile, it is pointing to some Windows type locations for some bizarre reason.  I'm guessing when they compiled, they had all their libraries in "E:" and compiled against that location.  I basically yanked the LIBS and INCLUDE line from one of the working Makefiles(FeatherCoin) which pointed to the right locations for my libraries and used them to replace the LIBS and INCLUDE lines for Powercoin.  I ran into some other weird issues where the final g++ line was doubled and I had to manually copy half the line to run it correctly.

Yes. I have built this two coins after simply replace LIBS line with that in FeatherCoin Makefile. Thanks  a lot. The Junkcoin and Powercoin Makefile script on github seems designed for windows. Havent noticed weird issues u mentioned. I just continued with my previous make process with out make clean first. Just a few lines showed up and soon the build finished. You r so clever.Thank you very much.

etbbtc

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:40:32 AM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

Currently hitting the same problem trying to compile Junkcoin-qt in Ubuntu 12.04.

Refer to the prior meltingrobot reply, he has the solution!

meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:55:04 AM

What do i miss?

a lot thanks.

Yes. I have built this two coins after simply replace LIBS line with that in FeatherCoin Makefile. Thanks  a lot. The Junkcoin and Powercoin Makefile script on github seems designed for windows. Havent noticed weird issues u mentioned. I just continued with my previous make process with out make clean first. Just a few lines showed up and soon the build finished. You r so clever.Thank you very much.

I figured out what caused the double g++ line, it was a bad paste on my part.  I'm glad I was able to help you get it compiled on Ubuntu.

meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:25:56 PM

Just an update, I currently have RPMs for Fedora18 built for the following:

bbqcoin
bitbar
bitcoin
elacoin
FeatherCoin
franko
gldcoin
litecoin
Powercoin
ppcoin
terracoin
Worldcoin

wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:27:06 PM

Thanks for putting these together!
kaputt

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:04:47 PM

I would be interested in this. I have put quite a bit of time into trying to compile different <alt>coind like litecoind and yacoind on CentOS with hardly any success. Is there any good from start to finish instructions on this for CentOS? Considering how many web servers run it, it doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I would like to use it for block explorers, pools, nodes for new altcoins and other resources. In the even that I can't get a new altcoin compiled in the first few minutes after launch, it would be nice to have some other way. BTW, I typically never have trouble compiling on Ubuntu, just on CentOS. It could be something about my particular CentOS server, but I'm not about to re-install the OS on that one.

I've never built a repo/package (this is way beyond my ability), but if there is something I can do to help, let me know.
meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 02:28:44 PM

I would be interested in this. I have put quite a bit of time into trying to compile different <alt>coind like litecoind and yacoind on CentOS with hardly any success. Is there any good from start to finish instructions on this for CentOS? Considering how many web servers run it, it doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I would like to use it for block explorers, pools, nodes for new altcoins and other resources. In the even that I can't get a new altcoin compiled in the first few minutes after launch, it would be nice to have some other way. BTW, I typically never have trouble compiling on Ubuntu, just on CentOS. It could be something about my particular CentOS server, but I'm not about to re-install the OS on that one.

I've never built a repo/package (this is way beyond my ability), but if there is something I can do to help, let me know.

The biggest problem you are probably hitting with compiling is the fact that RHEL/CENT/SL/Fedora do not ship OpenSSL with EC due to a perceived possible patent issue.  The first thing I had to do was build openssl into a different directory.  Then I had to fix every Makefile.unix to use that directory as the library directory for SSL.  You also have to tell it where the library directory for DB4 is.  Plus, you have to fix all the boost libraries to be boost-mt.  It was a big pain to figure most of this out, but once you get one down, the rest are all pretty much the same steps.

meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 05:52:01 PM

Okay, I recompiled things for EL6 now.  I haven't tested to see if things work or not yet.  But I added the repo info to the top post if anybody wants to try them.

kaputt

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 09:52:23 PM

The biggest problem you are probably hitting with compiling is the fact that RHEL/CENT/SL/Fedora do not ship OpenSSL with EC due to a perceived possible patent issue.  The first thing I had to do was build openssl into a different directory.  Then I had to fix every Makefile.unix to use that directory as the library directory for SSL.  You also have to tell it where the library directory for DB4 is.  Plus, you have to fix all the boost libraries to be boost-mt.  It was a big pain to figure most of this out, but once you get one down, the rest are all pretty much the same steps.
Yes. Recompiling OpenSSL with EC enabled was difficult and took me a long time to figure out. There were too many bad references on the Internet. Once i had that solved my boost gave me trouble. I have not made changes in the makefile. I didn't want to mess things up. I will try one of the repos when I have a chance.
kaputt

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

Yes. Recompiling OpenSSL with EC enabled was difficult and took me a long time to figure out. There were too many bad references on the Internet. Once i had that solved my boost gave me trouble. I have not made changes in the makefile. I didn't want to mess things up. I will try one of the repos when I have a chance.
I tried the repo and got errors during yum update.
Code:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: bitcoin-130522-1.el6.x86_64 (coins)
           Requires: libboost_thread-mt.so.1.48.0()(64bit)
           Requires: libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.48.0()(64bit)
           Requires: libboost_program_options-mt.so.1.48.0()(64bit)
           Requires: libboost_system-mt.so.1.48.0()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Before I tried the repo, I tried again to fix boost. I don't think I have the compiler include paths and linker library paths set right. I tried to do this in the makefile, but it didn't work. I don't really know enough to mess around with that.

How did you "fix all the boost libraries to be boost-mt"?
kaputt

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:45:52 PM

And ultimately, I need to learn how to compile this myself without a repo, so that I can hop on any random new *coin.
meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 12:00:06 PM

Code:
Before I tried the repo, I tried again to fix boost. I don't think I have the compiler include paths and linker library paths set right. I tried to do this in the makefile, but it didn't work. I don't really know enough to mess around with that.

Ah, my bad, I hadn't tested the EL6 ones on a new system yet.  You need newer boost libraries than what comes with RHEL6.  I had already recompiled the ones that come with Fedora 18 for servers at work that needed newer ones.  I copied the updated boost RPMS out into the repo if you want to use them.

meltingrobot (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 12:22:17 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 02:16:51 PM by meltingrobot

Added Source RPMS for those that want to see the awful hacks I did in the SPEC files to get these to compile.

Added nibble
Added yacoin

kaputt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:19:14 PM

Code:

Ah, my bad, I hadn't tested the EL6 ones on a new system yet.  You need newer boost libraries than what comes with RHEL6.  I had already recompiled the ones that come with Fedora 18 for servers at work that needed newer ones.  I copied the updated boost RPMS out into the repo if you want to use them.
Ok. I want to try using the boost from your repo. How do I do that? Also, I'm getting a different error after yum install. Do I need to get rid of the olea repo?
Code:
Error: Package: miniupnpc-1.5-1.fc15.i686 (olea)
           Requires: libminiupnpc.so.5
           Requires: libminiupnpc.so.5()(64bit)
           Removing: miniupnpc-1.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64 (@rpmforge)
               libminiupnpc.so.5()(64bit)
           Updated By: miniupnpc-1.5-1.fc15.i686 (olea)
               Not found
Error: Package: bbqcoin-130522-1.el6.x86_64 (@coins)
           Requires: libminiupnpc.so.5()(64bit)
           Removing: miniupnpc-1.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64 (@rpmforge)
               libminiupnpc.so.5()(64bit)
           Updated By: miniupnpc-1.5-1.fc15.i686 (olea)
               Not found
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: