Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot encrypt Wallet file  (Read 245 times)
Myrnyi (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:02:14 AM

I use Linux Debian and Electrum 2.9. When I try to encrypt only seed and private keys everything is ok... but when I try to check Encrypt Wallet file, Electrum stops responding! When I start Electrum again, it starts without any password. And I have again only my seed and private keys encrypted. Maybe I should try to start Electrum using sudo to encrypt Wallet file?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:08:22 AM

no no need for sudo. start electrum from a terminal and repeat the process of whole wallet file encryption. electrum will post debugging messages in the terminal. upload those onto pastebin.com and share the link here so we can take a look.
Myrnyi (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:32:13 AM

no no need for sudo. start electrum from a terminal and repeat the process of whole wallet file encryption. electrum will post debugging messages in the terminal. upload those onto pastebin.com and share the link here so we can take a look.
The terminal shows only this

"sni-qt/10318" WARN  14:12:21.422 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE

** (python:10318): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-2.0/../assets/line-h.png,
borders don't fit within the image

** (python:10318): WARNING **: invalid source position for vertical gradient

After that Electrum stops responding! And I have to kill Electrum process! That's all!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: