Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain's warranty is it worth it?  (Read 523 times)
UnknownBTC (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:26:27 AM

So i have a couple of my miners gone rogue since they're mining at 2/3 and 1/3 of capacity each not like the rest which is mining at 100% so i was wondering is it worth it, to do use of the warranty taking in count the time that the miner is not gonna mine and what is gonna cost me? curious what you guys think and hope you guys could advise me.

As you guy can see on this one worker #10 is working at 2/3

worker #3 is just being erratic i think this one may be worth it to be sent
Worker Name      10m                  30m                  1h                      1d
unknownbtc2.3   63.64 MH/s   111.40 MH/s   110.86 MH/s   131.49 MH/s

My custom wallet: 1LearBTCNt5HnruJFdPHH1VAYDKtnTbDYR
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:04:46 PM

Bitmain has a new repair depot in the US. It should make warrantying systems much faster and much cheaper as you dont have to air freight the unit to Hong Kong anymore.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

Bitmain has a new repair depot in the US. It should make warrantying systems much faster and much cheaper as you dont have to air freight the unit to Hong Kong anymore.
I think you're talking about this site right? https://bitmainwarranty.com/product-category/repair-service/

I was never sure they were legit part of Bitmain, I know they are legit but wasn't sure if they were part of same company or just did repairs and sold parts.

I have my miners at Giga Watt, they do repairs on site so minimal downtime and no shipping costs.  They are sold out of miners but you can ship them your miners for hosting, you might be able to ship them for repair and then have them host it. They are in Washington State so cheaper shipping than to Hong Kong. You can try contacting them, support@giga-watt.com If you get tokens before the ICO is over you host at 3.3c kwh with no hosting fees. After that you can rent tokens from token holders but think you might still have the hosting fee not sure. Token sale ends soon but you can still buy if want http://alturl.com/ugese

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:35:53 PM

I think you're talking about this site right? https://bitmainwarranty.com/product-category/repair-service/

I was never sure they were legit part of Bitmain, I know they are legit but wasn't sure if they were part of same company or just did repairs and sold parts.

I have my miners at Giga Watt, they do repairs on site so minimal downtime and no shipping costs.  They are sold out of miners but you can ship them your miners for hosting, you might be able to ship them for repair and then have them host it. They are in Washington State so cheaper shipping than to Hong Kong. You can try contacting them, support@giga-watt.com If you get tokens before the ICO is over you host at 3.3c kwh with no hosting fees. After that you can rent tokens from token holders but think you might still have the hosting fee not sure. Token sale ends soon but you can still buy if want http://alturl.com/ugese
No, he talking about a new official US Bitmain repair depot they just opened in Commerce CA. All Bitmain customers got an email about it. ref my post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1493601.msg20397267#msg20397267 about it.

As for Bitmain Warranty (now becoming MyRig) in Colorado.. Great place for repairs but not part of Bitmain. Back in the S4 day's they started as a Bitmain peta-farm which was then sold and evolved from there.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fusion0389

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:52:34 PM

I ended up buying Three S9's from Bitmain Warranty along with their 6 month extended warranty plan. So far I have used the warranty service on 2/3 units. Interesting piece is that i haven't had a lick of trouble with any of the S9's i've bought from BITMAIN in china. Personally it was worth it at the time. If you are trying to grow your farm from 1-2 unit to 10, i think having that "insurance" policy on the first few S9's is really important as it mitigates the financial risk associated with repairs and reduces downtime. Thats why i ended up doing it. My experience with BITMAIN Warranty has been EXCELLENT, the quality of the repair and turnaound time has been top notch.

However, i got an email within the past week announcing that an official BITMAIN repair facility opened up in California. I think this changes things for me... Even though i have had a great experience with bitmain warranty, i think all of my future purchases will be through BITMAIN since they are cheaper and can now be serviced in the USA. JMHO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: