Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.com will be back  (Read 3778 times)
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

last news got my hopes up and im pretty curious what will happen during august Smiley

its like a episode of game of thrones, lately <.<"
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dakeyras

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

All of the money (cash) that went to btc-e went through the uk from okpay etc to Mayzus Finical Services.
This is a UK based company which means the cash passed through the UK and we now have legal recourse to take on BTC-e in UK

Mayzus Directors

2 officers / 0 resignations
ROZHOK, Nikolay
Correspondence address
869 High Road, London, United Kingdom, N12 8QA
Role Active
Director
Date of birth
August 1978
Appointed on
13 October 2008
Nationality
Russian
Country of residence
Czech Republic
Occupation
Director

RUSSELL, Christian
Correspondence address
869 High Road, London, United Kingdom, N12 8QA
Role Active
Director
Date of birth
March 1975
Appointed on
1 August 2015
Nationality
British
Country of residence
United Kingdom
Occupation
Director
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:06:39 PM

I hope it does come back!
I have traded on there for years and got stung just like the rest of you.
Maybe they will keep their word and give us back even some of our coin!!

In order to give people their coins, and possibly their fiat back, things first need to be made clear as in btc-e speaking out who is currently in control of what number of funds. If the government is in control of the majority of the total funds, then just forget about getting anything back. If btc-e still has access to a major part of the funds, while I must admit that the chances for this to be reality are on the very low side, people actually have a tiny bit of positivity to hope for. That being said, there is nothing more to lose, so we shouldn't get upset if things aren't going to play out as most people (me included) were hoping for.
dakeyras

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

In order to give people their coins, and possibly their fiat back, things first need to be made clear as in btc-e speaking out who is currently in control of what number of funds. If the government is in control of the majority of the total funds, then just forget about getting anything back. If btc-e still has access to a major part of the funds, while I must admit that the chances for this to be reality are on the very low side, people actually have a tiny bit of positivity to hope for. That being said, there is nothing more to lose, so we shouldn't get upset if things aren't going to play out as most people (me included) were hoping for.

Yes that would be nice to get some back!!
I hope they have the cold wallets!!!!!!!!!!
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:38:57 AM

I had about 930 NMC on there when they went down and that was it. Hoping this will be easier for them to refund then other things (such as fiat or BTC which may have had at least a portion siezed). Gut feeling is if they come back then most alt-coin holders will be ok but can't say for everything else.
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:00:37 AM

You hope?? Of course they have, come on..

I don't believe that the feds would have got the private keys, of course they were encrypted and backupped in cold storage.
Only a stupid can operate a site with billions of dollars without using encryption

Do we know the actual administrator names at least? I suppose that many people trusted them in the past years just because their identities are public and not anonymous.. right?
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:24:04 AM

You hope?? Of course they have, come on..

I don't believe that the feds would have got the private keys, of course they were encrypted and backupped in cold storage.
Only a stupid can operate a site with billions of dollars without using encryption

Do we know the actual administrator names at least? I suppose that many people trusted them in the past years just because their identities are public and not anonymous.. right?
The exchange was on the market for many years. They made an announcement that all money are going to pay back to all users and even called the date 1st September.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:29:13 AM

is anyone offering odds on the exchange relaunching? are people selling accounts? i guess a decent sample of account sales, judging by the percentage slashed off the value, would tell us the odds.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:53:07 AM

is anyone offering odds on the exchange relaunching? are people selling accounts? i guess a decent sample of account sales, judging by the percentage slashed off the value, would tell us the odds.

I saw an account for sale a few days ago, before the news of the FBI seizure had become widespread. I didn't see anything in Digital Goods just now.

I imagine there are some account sales happening (if this is anything like Gox), but they're probably more likely to be taking place on the Russian forums than the marketplace here.

Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:00:55 PM

Are you saying that russian customers are selling their btc-e usernames? And that means the site is live somewhere on some IP ?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: