Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sent to a previous exchange withdrawl address by accident  (Read 356 times)
mongkon77 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:40:52 PM

had BTC on poloniex, accidentally i sent it to where its says the "last operations" area on the ledger page, on ledger nano  where it says Bitcoin address and underneath from.

I sent it to that address instead of receive. That was where my last bitcoin came from, which i sent from my  Liqui account . i thought ok well it will go to my liqui account, however when i checked it didnt, so i opened up the liqui deposit withdrawal  address and it was completely different to their address that i had received my last bitcoin from.  I have emailed liqui  but with this August 1st etc I don't know if this situation will or can be solved before then. any ideas on how I can recover my Bitcoin ?

Also on the new ledger nano i had added my etherwallet, and put in my altcoins and etherium. etherium shows up, but all the altcoins just saying loading, how can I get access to them?

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4613

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:00:53 PM

had BTC on poloniex, accidentally i sent it to where its says the "last operations" area on the ledger page, on ledger nano  where it says Bitcoin address and underneath from.

I sent it to that address instead of receive. That was where my last bitcoin came from, which i sent from my  Liqui account . i thought ok well it will go to my liqui account, however when i checked it didnt, so i opened up the liqui deposit withdrawal  address and it was completely different to their address that i had received my last bitcoin from.  I have emailed liqui  but with this August 1st etc I don't know if this situation will or can be solved before then. any ideas on how I can recover my Bitcoin ?

Also on the new ledger nano i had added my etherwallet, and put in my altcoins and etherium. etherium shows up, but all the altcoins just saying loading, how can I get access to them?

You'll have to wait for Liqui to help you.

They have received the bitcoins from you, but they don't know which account to credit since that isn't your deposit address.

Hopefully they are trustworthy and not incompetent.  They should be able to find the bitcoins in their system and credit your account if you can prove that the bitcoins came from you.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:56:42 PM

There is no way but to be at the mercy of Liqui. If the address they provide are temporary ones which is valid for certain period of time, they have to manually find out your transaction and add the balance to your account, which they may do or refuse citing the fine print terms and conditions which you agreed to during signup.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:30:11 PM

When contacting Liqui do not forget to provide them with the transaction id of the btc sent to that address, which is not owned by you, and also sufficient evidence to the fact that the address was at one point of time allotted to you, though for a short span of time perhaps, to deposit bitcoins to the address concerned.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:59:37 PM

When contacting Liqui do not forget to provide them with the transaction id of the btc sent to that address, which is not owned by you, and also sufficient evidence to the fact that the address was at one point of time allotted to you, though for a short span of time perhaps, to deposit bitcoins to the address concerned.
I think its impossible for now to get back his bitcoin because he already sent the bitcoin to the address except if the owner of the address giving back your bitcoin but 80% its impossible to happen.
For now better to learn that you made mistaken about sending your bitcoin and next time double check when you are sending bitcoin ..

Make crypto as your bank.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:31:30 AM

Theres no other way but Liqui would only be the one who would able to give back those coins. Knowing that those addresses which are linked on your account is just temporary address on which they do really change when you do request deposit addresses. If you send it on the last address that you set-it up then I would say it as there but didn't credit on your account.
mongkon77 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:21:58 PM

it's was 6 days ago I emailed liqui with enough evidence to show exactly what happened. I emailed again on July 31. I still have had no reply.  I am starting to sweat on this what I sent is worth quite a bit of money. i am a complete idiot. I wish there was another way I could get through to someone other then just their support email.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: