Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: close blockchain.info  (Read 938 times)
louis144 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:41:30 PM

is it possible to close your blockchain.info account after setting up a trezor wallet (with the same private key as blockchain.info implemented via word seed of blockchain.info)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:45:08 PM

is it possible to close your blockchain.info account after setting up a trezor wallet (with the same private key as blockchain.info implemented via word seed of blockchain.info)
I am not aware that you can deactivate a blockahain account so I am not sure if there is a way to delete your preivatekey in there?
Or maybe you can ask their support to lockyour account or set a password which no one can recover.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:51:20 PM

No, there's no way you can delete/close your blockchain account, better to secure your blockchain password with 2fa since you don't need it and you will not use it (in case ) and you already have trezor to use with. Just leave it as it. And just make sure that you're the only one knows your seed so no one can access your wallet's addresses.
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:14:36 PM

I am not aware that you can deactivate a blockahain account so I am not sure if there is a way to delete your preivatekey in there?
Or maybe you can ask their support to lockyour account or set a password which no one can recover.

Nope. You cannot deactivate your blockchain account as far as I know.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:37:36 PM

when you cannot close/deactivate your account on blockchain.info isn't that dangerous for hackers.Now I have 1 BTC on blockchain but after 10 years it may have a value of 25.000$.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:39:50 PM

No its not possible to delate your blockchain wallet. i found this article from searching on google https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x4x5i/how_to_delete_your_blockchain_account/ there are no option in blockchain wallet. so just keep safe your private key, only its k=can help you right now.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:24:51 PM

you talk about keeping the private key safe: if i delete the private key (account key) from blockchain.info am I then safe for hackers?
i don't know it's possible to delete the private key on blockchain.info: in any case not via the menu.I've looked for it and i didn't find a menu item.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:22:06 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 04:00:11 PM by bL4nkcode

you talk about keeping the private key safe: if i delete the private key (account key) from blockchain.info am I then safe for hackers?
i don't know it's possible to delete the private key on blockchain.info: in any case not via the menu.I've looked for it and i didn't find a menu item.
You can't do that since there's no feature to delete your private keys there and you can't even see your private keys on blockchain in the very first place. So leave it as it, just abandon the blockchain account by using a secure password, composed of different special characters, so there's no one would even know it even you, if you want to. Just simple as that.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:36:39 AM

Why you have to deactivate your blockchain.info account?

You can just simply forget about your bc.info account and just leave it alone and don't store your bitcoins there.

when you cannot close/deactivate your account on blockchain.info isn't that dangerous for hackers.Now I have 1 BTC on blockchain but after 10 years it may have a value of 25.000$.

Better to move your 1 btc to a safer wallet where you hold private keys.

Signature for rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: