Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: On the theory of only one god  (Read 1451 times)
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:40:55 PM

It's said this story inspired the formalisation of Judaism deuteronomy, as the law to make everyone agree because it incorporate all other laws.

Guessed survival of the fittest even works for deities. For the most part, they were local and their influence expands as their followers' did. Christianity was looked upon as nothing but a small Jewish cult.

Being an atheist who identifies with Hinduism, I would say that there is no god. The entire creation theory is a myth, and it is better to believe in science rather than having a belief in god.

I guess the world would be spared some of the suffering it is having now. Sure, a fully atheistic planet would still have wars but at least it would be over real stuff, not because someone or something up there told his followers to treat people this way or that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:50:41 AM

There can be many gods but we only have one, true God. If I will worship a god who can do everything except one, then what is the sense of worshiping him if I will meet another god who can do that one thing the former cannot do? Then, there is only one God, and He is all powerful, and allknowing, and possesses all good characteristics.
IadixDev

Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 07:29:53 AM

It's said this story inspired the formalisation of Judaism deuteronomy, as the law to make everyone agree because it incorporate all other laws.

Guessed survival of the fittest even works for deities. For the most part, they were local and their influence expands as their followers' did. Christianity was looked upon as nothing but a small Jewish cult.

With plato, stoics etc it became more a philosophic concept, like the tawhid in Islam ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawhid), with the jew at the begining it's still intermediate between tribalism/traditionalism and mosaic law, but Judaism has also influenced platonism, which influenced Christianism.

But before Judaism it was clearly Darwinism, like highlander with the stronger god killing the lesser gods and absorbing it's characterstics, often as different names to refer to different aspect of the God, with strong political interest behind, as a god = a King = a law.

It's even what got jesus in trouble to be seen as "king of jew" it created a bug in their system with the principle of abstract god that doesnt correspond to a King and a law with the kingdom in heaven etc they were like  Shocked  Huh Shocked

Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:26:59 PM

There can be many gods but we only have one, true God. If I will worship a god who can do everything except one, then what is the sense of worshiping him if I will meet another god who can do that one thing the former cannot do? Then, there is only one God, and He is all powerful, and allknowing, and possesses all good characteristics.

How do you know there is only 1 god?

What *evidence* do you have to support the hypothesis that only 1 god exists?

How can you *prove* that there are not 10 gods?
Nalien

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:28:40 PM

What's the problem with worshiping all of existence?
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

Monotheism is quite rare, often times, gods at least have some partners that are more or less as powerful as them. It seems that unlike the Persian Ahura Mazda, the Hebrew god used to be part of a pantheon where it is not the chief being. Over time due to political reasons, the religion shifted from polytheism to monotheism.

If he can create "copies" they will never have his power.

In which case he could have simply made Satan disappear since Satan is after all, also just a copy.
The fact is that the one who personifies evil, Whose name you named, is the Fallen Angel. The fact is that if you view the entire history of the emergence of good and evil, it turns out Everything is clear. And it is not unnecessary to deny one when you believe in another.

Sigh. I'm not wondering whether Satan is real or not, what I'm wondering is why is he allowed to remain if he was nothing compared to the omnipotent god. You probably heard of The Problem of Evil before.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

I'm just trying to think about this logically

According to the bible, the first thing god does after creating Adam is find/create him a spouse/companion (in both Genesis creation stories, though how he creates the woman is different)

Everyone needs companionship, even gods...

Would there be any reason the first god wouldn't create additional gods?
1) Everyone needs companions
2) Everyone likes to show off their creations
3) Solitary confinement is bad (even for gods)

The only way a one god theory makes sense is if the one god killed all the other gods, highlander style

God created everything in pairs, male and female, because He personally represents harmonized masculinity and femininity, which harmoniously exist in himself.
It was said that God created everything on his image, male and female, in pairs.
When you read the Bible you see that God sometimes shows his feminine characteristics, like gentleness and love, and sometimes male nature, anger,...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:24:02 PM

You want to say that God is a hermaphrodite? Then I know the divine aquarium fish. They can change their gender depending on what gender do not have enough of their population. The function of reproduction they work in full.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:23:36 PM

Monotheism is quite rare, often times, gods at least have some partners that are more or less as powerful as them. It seems that unlike the Persian Ahura Mazda, the Hebrew god used to be part of a pantheon where it is not the chief being. Over time due to political reasons, the religion shifted from polytheism to monotheism.

If he can create "copies" they will never have his power.

In which case he could have simply made Satan disappear since Satan is after all, also just a copy.
The fact is that the one who personifies evil, Whose name you named, is the Fallen Angel. The fact is that if you view the entire history of the emergence of good and evil, it turns out Everything is clear. And it is not unnecessary to deny one when you believe in another.

Sigh. I'm not wondering whether Satan is real or not, what I'm wondering is why is he allowed to remain if he was nothing compared to the omnipotent god. You probably heard of The Problem of Evil before.

Satan is subordinated to god.

IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:24:14 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM by IadixDev

God created everything in pairs, male and female, because He personally represents harmonized masculinity and femininity, which harmoniously exist in himself.
It was said that God created everything on his image, male and female, in pairs.
When you read the Bible you see that God sometimes shows his feminine characteristics, like gentleness and love, and sometimes male nature, anger,...

The kaballah explain this very well with the tree of life.

It start as one root, then divide and Enlightenment is reached as reunion of opposites.

There is also this myth in plato androgyne.  

http://www.philolog.fr/le-mythe-de-landrogyne-texte-de-platon/

But actually feminine aspect is more coldness severity and judgment reflective, and masculine hot mercyfull loving and active  Cheesy

daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

as a christian i do believe in just one god , the god that created heaven and earth , who created adam and eve , and i dont believe in many gods , people a long ago praises their gods whom they calls it ,, ther gods is like tree , animal statue or something , but in my existence in life i only believe in jesus christ as one god

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:20:05 AM

This thread has turned into a bunch of babbling idiocy instead of the philosophical discussion I had intended

Locking thread
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: