Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC or BCC  (Read 2993 times)
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:39:51 AM

Which coin should I keep? I mean it will going to seperated but which is going to be profitable more ?
Here currently you can't have BCC because only btc can be handle by you with the ownership of the private key .
But probably your question will be better after the fork splitting after the 1 August ( chances are both to split or not ) .
Here ig we can take example of the ETH coin fork then we can say that both of the coin will be useful , because here
ETH and ETC both of them have values at about 0.07btc/ETH/ETC  coin .
So may be in the starting the value of the splitted coin will be low but it will be more better for us to keep everything
And wait until we reach at a best price and then make money in bulk  ( like those who bought btc at 3$ and now selling ) .
So we have the coin like BTC which will be available to buy at very low rate .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:42:28 AM

I think both will be profitable. Why profitable for example you have 1btc and on the 1st of August you will also get 1bcc and can be traded. This is very profitable.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cryptobird

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:45:52 AM

I just sent my Bitcoins to a Bitcoin Cash wallet by mistake, did i lost my coins? or will they be converted to Bitcoin Cash coins after August the first ?

Bitcoin Cash doesn't exists yet.
yah, but i used BitcoinABC Wallet and the transaction is successfully made

I'm not familiar with them but they seem to heavily supporting BCC.

Either way you should be able to withdraw your coins into a non-custodial wallet such as Electrum where you are in command of your private keys (and therefore actually owning your Bitcoins).

I'm not sure but I'd guess BitcoinABC is a custodial wallet in which case you're trusting them to handle your Bitcoins.

Whatever the case might be you should be able to withdraw your coins or get both BTC and BCC - otherwise you're being scammed.

BitcoinABC is like Bitcoin Core wallet, it downloads all the blockchain to Sync with the network (full node), the problem is that it uses different algorithm to generate the address from a private key.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:47:49 AM

BitcoinABC is like Bitcoin Core wallet, it downloads all the blockchain to Sync with the network (full node), the problem is that it uses different algorithm to generate the address from a private key.
That already sounds like a shit way of doing things, considering BCC isn't even exist but that's all I'm going to say as I'm not familiar with them.

But surely, you should be able to withdraw your Bitcoins some way.

Not your keys, not your coins!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:55:19 AM

Which coin should I keep? I mean it will going to seperated but which is going to be profitable more ?

BCC will be ignored by most of the exchange and all of us are going to stick with the real / core BTC. It's very obvious that bitcoin is more profitable rather than BCC but you can also sell your BCC after August with some of the exchange that are already accepting BCC on their list. But don't stay with BCC, go for the real bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Cryptobird

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:55:28 AM

That already sounds like a shit way of doing things, considering BCC isn't even exist but that's all I'm going to say as I'm not familiar with them.

But surely, you should be able to withdraw your Bitcoins some way.
Maybe i should wait until the hard fork to see what's gonna happen  Cheesy
Anyway, thank you so much for your help.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:01:23 AM

The best choice between bitcoins BTC and bitcoins cash BCC is hold all of them, however BCC is free coin because of the bitcoin's hard fork, there is no wrong if you hold BCC, but in my opinions bitcoins BTC will be more expensive in the future because the bug of bitcoin's network has been fixed, if the bitcoin's hard fork is succesfull and there are no other problem be found on bitcoin's network in the future.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:08:53 AM

The best choice between bitcoins BTC and bitcoins cash BCC is hold all of them, however BCC is free coin because of the bitcoin's hard fork, there is no wrong if you hold BCC, but in my opinions bitcoins BTC will be more expensive in the future because the bug of bitcoin's network has been fixed, if the bitcoin's hard fork is succesfull and there are no other problem be found on bitcoin's network in the future.

Unless this is a known troll acount I'm not aware of, thinking that you somehow convinced some people that you're Satoshi... blows my mind and makes me laugh uncontrollably.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:11:42 AM

oh god, the lulz

"but how will I buy my coffee with small blocksize"

For fucks sake, some people just cant think past the end of their trailer park.

BTC is not for buying Starbucks,  It's not even for buying cars.  It may end up being for buying houses, but I rather doubt it.

The use case for BTC is large settlements, like container ships full of goods or downtown buildings or corporate mergers.

Bitcoin DOES NOT HAVE TO SCALE, and these retards whining about it are really starting to get on my nerves. 

Buy your goddamn coffee with an altcoin or on a sidechain and leave this to the adults K?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:48:55 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 06:12:08 AM by JohnMacaron

I would not even dare to ask what kind of "stuff" u're purchasing with this currency, but nevertheless let me ask u this: what value has money which cannot obtain u even a cup of coffee? How many people actually use bitcoin to buy toys, furnitures or rent a room or whatever else online? Or rather bitcoin community consist mostly from speculators and gamblers + ponzi scheme operators who don't see any intrinsic value in bitcoin and just exploiting this new fad for their own avid ambitions? I don't want this shit, I want scalable convenient currency not some get-rich-quick bunkum.

I buy all kinds of shit with BTC from PC hardware to softwares, appliances and furnitures, sometimes even services if I can - and most of the time the BTC accepting webshops I use have the stuff I need.

Why are you being stuck up on coffee? It's not like you're buying coffee with bonds, checkbooks or gold shavings off of an ingot either.

Why are you trying to shit on Bitcoin saying that it's filled with gamblers and scammers? The same Bitcoin you're trying to argue it only really needs bigger blocks to be perfect?

You're not making any sense at all here. And as I said, considering how many people use Bitcoin nowadays we can say that it did scale sp far pretty damn well. And without network spams it can handle a whole lot more. It wouldn't worth $2780(!) otherwise.

But seriously though, let me ask your argument against this; let's say with 8MB blocks transaction sizes become 1/8th of what they are now (not that it would still be optimal to buy coffe because of the slow block times but whatever). That would mean that if someone were to spam the network as it was the case weeks ago spending, let's say 0.5 BTC each day (just a random number) with 8 MB blocks he could fill all the 8MB blocks for the same amount of 0.5 Bitcoins. So what's the difference?

It's increasing cost of the attack for him, don't you see?  Let's suppose we have a basket and eggs and basket can  hold only amount of 2 eggs - how much will it take to fill it up?

And imagine further that basket capacity has been increased by equivalent of 8, how much eggs do you need now to fill it up? 8 times more.

P.S. I've read in Mike Hearn's blogpost that 8 in Chinese means smth like wealth or affluence, so i like this number, it foretells good times for us all.
creativeeditors

Activity: 980
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:57:30 AM

Hey, you remember about BITCOIN UNLIMITED (BTU)
Now there is bitcoin cash (BCC) coin_cash
After this will probably be more terms other BITCOIN ??
Just adding keyword "BITCOIN"
Examples: Unlimited Bitcoin, BitcoinBit, BitcoinX, Bitcoinearth, or Bitcoin clasic.
I'm not support coin cash, sorry Cry and i not believe Coin Cash can compete with Bitcoin,
I believe that sathosi does not contribute to this coin.

bit_coin_cash, hmmm the strange spelling
It will be worth shortened to Bitcash, but the name already has copyright.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:01:32 AM

It's increasing cost of the attack for him, don't you see?  Let's suppose we have a basket and eggs and basket can only 2 eggs - how much will it take to fill it up?

And imagine further that basket capacity has been increased by equivalent of 8, how much eggs do you need now to fill it up? 8 times more.

P.S. I've read in Mike Hearn's blogpost that 8 in Chinese means smth like welath or affluence, so i like this number, it foretells good times for us all.

What are you even talking about? Increasing blocksize does not increase the cost of filling the network. You can't have both; cheap transactions and expensive cost of attacking the network!

You represent way too well the blind and retarded propaganda seen on /r/btc I've been describing here so well that I'm starting to think you're a troll account.

And I thought I was drunk.

Hamphser

Activity: 2506
Merit: 328

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:02:28 AM

If i were you i would keep both coins. I know BCC would be useless because we do still believe on bitcoin but instead of neglecting BCC better to hold of those coins for future purposes. We wont know if it would rise up just like what happen on ETC. Possibilities are there which means holding up wont really be a bad idea after all. If i do have some bitcoin i would really just let it split and keep those for future plans.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:04:27 AM

I just sent my Bitcoins to a Bitcoin Cash wallet by mistake, did i lost my coins? or will they be converted to Bitcoin Cash coins after August the first ?

Bitcoin Cash doesn't exists yet.
yah, but i used BitcoinABC Wallet and the transaction is successfully made

I'm not familiar with them but they seem to heavily supporting BCC.

Either way you should be able to withdraw your coins into a non-custodial wallet such as Electrum where you are in command of your private keys (and therefore actually owning your Bitcoins).

I'm not sure but I'd guess BitcoinABC is a custodial wallet in which case you're trusting them to handle your Bitcoins.

Whatever the case might be you should be able to withdraw your coins or get both BTC and BCC - otherwise you're being scammed.

Regarding Bitcoin ABC. ABC stands for Adjustable Block Cap, that means that with growth of demand for mempool space, blocks are adjusted in size accordingly. BCC or BCH is just implementation of this concept. And AFAIK BCC is now is like BTC in all aspects, fork will happen only after tomorrow. As of by now, it's totally the same thing. But one will surpass another and devour it, because of much higher capacity for free transactions
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:09:05 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 08:01:59 AM by hase0278

I will keep both coins so long as they are both going to be profitable, but I will use them both either way but I will use the one that is better more frequently, since I will be using the better one not just for investment purposes, I will use it to pay others as well for services. If I found bcc useless after august 1, for sure I will dump it without hesitation but if it still has it's uses, I will use it and the same goes to the other, but most probably bcc is the one that is going down because too many people will get it for free.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:15:04 AM

Regarding Bitcoin ABC. ABC stands for Adjustable Block Cap, that means that with growth of demand for mempoll space, blocks are adjusted in size accordingly. BCC or BCH is just implementation of this concept. And AFAIK BCC is now is like BTC in all aspects, fork will happen only after tomorrow. As of by now, it's totally the same thing. But one will surpass another and devour it, because of much higher capacity for free transactions

You really don't read anything I wrote so far.

The argument behind any increased blocksize proposition is deeply flawed; let's say the blocksize becomes 1 gigabytes. Transaction fees would cost 1/1000 of what they are now do you can all buy your latte's with BTC without fees (except for the 10 minute blocktimes). But the problem you all seem to ignore or unable to comprehend is that spamming 1GB of transactions would cost the same fucking amount (using a very simple script) as it is today to spam the 1 MB costs. It's the exact same situation!

You have to have a transaction fee market, there's no way around that.

NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:17:36 AM

Until now, everyone has his idea. But over all, these are all speculations, some have good bases while some do not. If you try to go over the articles from experts on this debate, they are really torn into half. Some BCC and some BTC. If you end up unconvinced by one party of perhaps convinced by both, hold BTC and BCC all the same and wait for a short while to know which among the two will rise and which will fall.
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:19:20 AM

I'll probably stick with the original BTC if the fork will really occur that is. I think most of us bitcoin holders would do that too.
lawlawlaw

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:23:11 AM

I think you should decide after 2months from the split, because we still can't say for sure what coin will emerge to the top. but i think it's btc and bcc will disappear eventually.
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

bcc = free money

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: