Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:23:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EMX | Trade Futures on Stocks, Bonds, Commodities  (Read 9069 times)
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:13:47 AM

DEVS currently have a private beta on the rinkeby testnet. DEVS will release code and beta closer to the public release of  tokens. Soon will be more news.
Emily_techy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:29:25 PM

With the start of this project, it will be successful and it's worth recommending. Hope the rating of this project will be increased on https://icoguide.com/en/ico/evermarkets
tarolog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:48:04 AM

Any reason for choosing Ethereum? Maybe, better other blockchain? Maybe own blockchain? This is interesting question.
kusumadewi

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:08:29 AM

Any reason for choosing Ethereum? Maybe, better other blockchain? Maybe own blockchain? This is interesting question.

public blockchain can be slow and expensive. Block inclusion times for on-chain activities on large networks like Ethereum are measured in tens of seconds, rather than microseconds like on prominent futures exchanges. Issuing orders on the public blockchain would also create significant transactions costs and change the paradigm, as most futures exchanges charge only per trade, not per order. Due to these challenges, was decided to forego the traditional limit order book and will instead utilize periodically settled pro-rata call auctions. Since devs cannot enforce price-time priority, they advocate price-size priority instead; orders are filled in proportion to their volume on a price level, or pro rata. An important benefit of this is that it deemphasizes speed; you can still compete even if you aren’t the fastest.
tarolog

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:21:24 AM

Anyother marketing activites currently conducted are good too.  Its just that a lot of icos these days already have a platform/network and was wondering what kind of ideas evermarkets team have
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

Devs see several issues with the current futures marketplace, namely unfair pricing, aggressive HFT algos taking advantage of retail and institutions, and difficulty accessing different markets globally for international traders
Devs are trying to solve for those issues.  Also on EverMarkets, devs'll allow traders to use crypto as collateral, giving crypto traders a way to access traditional and crypto markets without leaving the crypto ecosystem.
cryptohype

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:55:16 PM

Hi. I would like to know a ICO schedule  (private, pre, public). Can anybody answer me? Thank you for any answer.
termion

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:56:20 PM

Hi. I would like to know a ICO schedule  (private, pre, public). Can anybody answer me? Thank you for any answer.

More info regarding public sale will be out at a later stage, right now developers can only say that it'll be this quarter. They have recently concluded presale Smiley
tarolog

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:58:59 AM

When is the public ico over so we can know when we are getting the tokens? What's this about an air drop and what's being done about advertising? I've seen practically nothing on this project anywhere
cryptohype

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:01:07 AM

When is the public ico over so we can know when we are getting the tokens? What's this about an air drop and what's being done about advertising? I've seen practically nothing on this project anywhere
ico hasn't begun as it is tentatively scheduled to be held anytime in Q2. Developers have own marketing plans all laid out and they have a lot of attention as seen from the high demand during our presale. You will see EverMarkets gain traction soon enough when they approach ICO

Varyg

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:39:09 PM

I've been scrolling through this thread, let me know if I have this right:

25% of the tokens are for private sale + public sale
40k ETH from private sale already
$50M hard cap for private + public
$0.15 token price for public sale

the private sale amount of 40k ETH is an estimate. hard cap has been adjusted to $35M. Developers will definitely provide more details closer to crowdsale.
Boing7898

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

has any of the code for EverMarkets been open sourced or made publicly available? In the FAQ page and AMA, you mentioned that was the intention, but the only thing in the EverMarkets github right now is a golang repo that was forked as-is from Terraform. Thanks!
termion

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:44:15 PM

has any of the code for EverMarkets been open sourced or made publicly available? In the FAQ page and AMA, you mentioned that was the intention, but the only thing in the EverMarkets github right now is a golang repo that was forked as-is from Terraform. Thanks!
As developers already said, they currently have a private beta on the rinkeby testnet and they will release code and beta closer to the public release of tokens Smiley
tarolog

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:56:26 AM

I would like to ask if the team has any plan to tackle issues about congestion, as the platform is ethereum based, and given that the transaction must be on time, if a scenario of big fluctuations in price and congestion happens at the same time, wouldn't this harm the margin provider a lot?
cryptohype

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

I would like to ask if the team has any plan to tackle issues about congestion, as the platform is ethereum based, and given that the transaction must be on time, if a scenario of big fluctuations in price and congestion happens at the same time, wouldn't this harm the margin provider a lot?

As known that the public blockchain can be slow and expensive. Block inclusion times for on-chain activities on large networks like Ethereum are measured in tens of seconds, rather than microseconds like on prominent futures exchanges. Issuing orders on the public blockchain would also create significant transactions costs and change the paradigm, as most futures exchanges charge only per trade, not per order. Due to these challenges, developers have decided to forego the traditional limit order book and will instead utilize periodically settled pro-rata call auctions. Since they cannot enforce price-time priority, they advocate price-size priority instead; orders are filled in proportion to their volume on a price level, or pro rata. An important benefit of this is that it deemphasizes speed; you can still compete even if you aren’t the fastest.
kusumadewi

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

i wonder if people would adopt this... any resistance? Whats the hold up on the release ? Thanks for any answer.
termion

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:03:56 AM

i wonder if people would adopt this... any resistance? Whats the hold up on the release ? Thanks for any answer.

Due to the 2018 tax changes, accountants had advised by developers for the need to restructure and to hold off on the sale.

Good news however, is that they aren't too far away now, the crowdsale is expected to be held in this Quarter, likely in June Smiley
nadyn

Activity: 714
Merit: 287

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

Yes, a complex project will celebrate its birthday in July! although, perhaps, this method will show more effect than projects of rapid growth!
tarolog

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

1) which countries/residents will be supported on EverMarkets. 2) How does the verification process look like? 3) Can you deposit in Fiat or crypto-only?
cryptohype

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:40:07 PM

First of all, I personally read the whitepaper of Evermarket, watched almost all interview- (videos) of your company / CEO Jim and read some articles. Having checked on your team members I believe you will execute your vision and offer real value for the crypto space by bridging it with derivatives (future trading) as a first-mover. However, when EMX is listed and available for everyone to buy, you cannot decide who is allowed to buy in and in what amount since it will be open for the whole public. As a consequent, there will always be mixed kind of personalities in the community. So it will be on your head to stop “fud” (if it happens). And the best way to stop fud and have a good community is to have an amazing and useful product. If your product is really good, even if dump happens, most people will still support you and your company will steadily rise in value. But if your product does not exceed or meet the expectation, the community will turn bad and as a consequent you will lose the support. So, I think your finished product is the deciding factor to have a supportive and good community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: