Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you import private keys into Bitcoin ABC (bitcoin cash wallet)?  (Read 7966 times)
Prodigy4 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:00:12 PM

The Bitcoin ABC wallet is the official Bitcoin Cash wallet. I've read you can import private keys into a bitcoin cash supported wallet to see your balance after the fork.

But the question is: how do you actually import those private keys?

Thanks in advance  Wink

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

Since they're based on Bitcoin Core, I guess you just have to dump them from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin ABC. BTW, since this fork seems to have really low support, I guess this is more suitable for the altcoin discussion section...
mamaya

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:17:10 PM

Since they're based on Bitcoin Core, I guess you just have to dump them from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin ABC. BTW, since this fork seems to have really low support, I guess this is more suitable for the altcoin discussion section...

Yeah bitcoin cash despite its name is an altcoin, unless of course it becomes the dominant chain then it will just be bitcoin and core bitcoin will be the altcoin.
WolfGear

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 12:23:04 AM

Im new here but after my research about some Bitcoin fork coins i see that we can import our private keys on the wallet that supported the Bitcoin Cash and after we import it , we can have the same amount of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash showing in our wallet.
But how to import the private key on it ?is just like the process that we importing the private key in the Bitcoin wallet in console.
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:04:06 PM

Yeah bitcoin cash despite its name is an altcoin, unless of course it becomes the dominant chain then it will just be bitcoin and core bitcoin will be the altcoin.

Hahaha..this must not happen and will never happen I guess.. Smiley
NobFox

Activity: 85
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:03:57 PM

The Bitcoin ABC wallet is the official Bitcoin Cash wallet. I've read you can import private keys into a bitcoin cash supported wallet to see your balance after the fork.

Thanks in advance  Wink

Help > Debug Window > Console
Next to the > input box type:
importprivkey <your private key>

You'll need to unlock your wallet before you can run this command if you've used a passphrase:
walletpassphrase <your passphrase> 60

The 60 at the end unlocks it for 60 seconds.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinABC/comments/6q747s/in_bitcoin_abc_client_where_can_i_import_my/

█        ★        8 GAMES        ★        WAGERING CONTEST        ★        JACKPOTS        ★        VIP        ★       
─ ── ──── ──────        CryptoGames     Catch the winning spirit     Best Provably Fair Cryptocurrency Gambling Site        ────── ──── ── ─
►►►     [ DICE ]   [ SLOT ]   [ BLACKJACK ]   [ ROULETTE ]   [ PLINKO ]   [ LOTTERY ]   [ VIDEO POKER ]   [ MINESWEEPER ]     ◄◄◄
BumbleBeeee

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:30:13 PM

Help > Debug Window > Console
Next to the > input box type:
importprivkey <your private key>

You'll need to unlock your wallet before you can run this command if you've used a passphrase:
walletpassphrase <your passphrase> 60

The 60 at the end unlocks it for 60 seconds.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinABC/comments/6q747s/in_bitcoin_abc_client_where_can_i_import_my/

Thanks bro
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

Where can I find a bootstrap for ABC Wallet? It takes too long to sync  Angry
Yerbabie

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:57:27 PM

Yer, this makes no sense, surely the ledger was "set" at the start of BCC, why the need to sync from 2009....
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:32:25 PM

Yer, this makes no sense, surely the ledger was "set" at the start of BCC, why the need to sync from 2009....

Because the blockchain for BCC is the same as for BTC (except after 1 August 2017 ofcourse). That's why you have BCC when you had BTC at 1 August.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:38:01 PM

Just be careful to move your bitcoin before you export and then import your private keys in the bcash wallet. When you send your bitcoin, the bcash will remain on the same adress. And after you have emptied the bitcoin adresses, is it safe to export and import the private keys.

You can also use elektron cash to import the private keys.
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 04:31:04 AM

Just be careful to move your bitcoin before you export and then import your private keys in the bcash wallet. When you send your bitcoin, the bcash will remain on the same adress. And after you have emptied the bitcoin adresses, is it safe to export and import the private keys.

I also moved my BTC to a different address for security reasons (after the fork of course). But now I cannot import my Private keys to any BCC wallet (Electron, coinomi, ABC). They say that there is no balance on those private keys, although the block explorer clearly says that my bitcoin cash is there.
Any ideas on this matter?

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
shtako

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:22:23 AM

I also moved my BTC to a different address for security reasons (after the fork of course). But now I cannot import my Private keys to any BCC wallet (Electron, coinomi, ABC). They say that there is no balance on those private keys, although the block explorer clearly says that my bitcoin cash is there.
Any ideas on this matter?

Try to to look up your adresses in a bcash block explorer like this:

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin%20cash/explorer/

I would first check the old addresses where you thought they were
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 03:12:51 AM

Yes, as I said in the previous post, the BE shows the correct balance of BCC on those addresses. But the private keys still don't work for some reason.

shtako

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:11:38 AM

Yes, as I said in the previous post, the BE shows the correct balance of BCC on those addresses. But the private keys still don't work for some reason.

Sorry missed that. You must be doing something wrong. Elektron worked fine for me when i imported private keys. You used dumpprivkey <bitcoinaddress> in bitcoin core?

In elektron:
You have to create a new wallet.
1. File -> New/restore
2. Standard wallet
3. Use public or private keys
4. Paste 1 private key on each line and click next.
George5
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 07:53:04 AM

Sorry missed that. You must be doing something wrong. Elektron worked fine for me when i imported private keys. You used dumpprivkey <bitcoinaddress> in bitcoin core?

In elektron:
You have to create a new wallet.
1. File -> New/restore
2. Standard wallet
3. Use public or private keys
4. Paste 1 private key on each line and click next.

I also think that it should work flawlessly. I exported the keys from Electrum wallet where I used to keep my BTC before and after the fork.
Then I did the same steps that you listed above - no results (I get a message about something like "no inputs"). And the balance remains 0BCC.

usmcvet11

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:11:26 AM

same thing happened to me nothing shows up in my bitcoin abc wallet but when i check bitinfo nothing comes up from my address even though when i look at my electrum i see my btc
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:27:45 PM

great thread, i think i may use this method to get my bitcoin cash...

just wondering if you blokes are ahead with this yet?

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: