Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] CONGRATULATIONS!!! (I have won 10 BTC)  (Read 583 times)
Wed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:29:06 PM

WARNING: SCAM

Quote from: anyroll
YOU HAVE WON THE 10 BITCOIN GIVEAWAY!

Your Number Guess Was Closest To the Selected Number, Making You The Giveaway Winner!

Out of the 800+ number guesses I received your number was the winning one, now that's some damn good luck!  Cheesy
Hopefully this surprise has made your day truly epic, and I hope you spread some of the good fortune from which you have received to others.

I've been sitting on a few still valid BTC-E redeemable codes that I would prefer to use for this giveaway. Send me a PM on the exchange and I will fund your account
ASAP. https://btc-e.com/exchange*

If for whatever reason you don't use BTC-E message me here and we can work something else out. Please make sure to let people know you won my giveaway, I'l be making a new thread revealing the selected numberand il send you the link to verify you recieved the funds.Keep your eyes peeled for my next alt-currency giveaway coming up!

Cheers!

* address has been changed, originally http://btceexchange.comze.com/exchange.html (DO NOT ENTER YOUR USER+PASSWORD HERE, DO NOT!!)

I got this pm today with a link to the address above. The page was a 1:1 clone of btc-e.com. It is a fishing pm, ignore it or report it to admins.
If you go to a website, ALWAYS check the url. Check it twice! Never enter your username/password on a page which url doesn't match to the original one.

Quote from: anyroll
Please make sure to let people know you won my giveaway
I'm just doing what you want ;-)

Ps.:
Profile of anyroll

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:31:45 PM

Thanks for the warning Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
Pheal

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:33:40 PM

Sad thing is this is going to work with some people. Just like the viruses where it says if you pay X it will clean your computer. We should have an open source application for bitcoins that blacklist scamming website adresses and ips. Might do something about that soon, open source of course.
zuerdemon

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:34:29 PM

Newbies cannot enter this giveaway, so why post it here  Huh

Also, please remove the link or mistype/make it nonfunctional
Wed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:37:02 PM

Newbies cannot enter this giveaway, so why post it here  Huh

Also, please remove the link or mistype/make it nonfunctional

it's to sensitize newbies to scam and fishing
an example for fishing/scam
zahra4575

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:41:17 PM

Thanks for this warning.
menace_one

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:44:13 PM

thx for warning
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:45:11 PM

WOW!

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:47:37 PM

Yeah we had this awhile ago newbies should always be wary of links like this, I almost got caught out because the guy was actually asking people to post retrieval addresses and everything so it seemed more legitimate than the usual cons but when they start asking you to create accounts at places that's when you should think twice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: