Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the Bitcoin Laundry (beta)  (Read 11326 times)
mikegogulski (OP)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 02:57:42 PM

http://bitcoinlaundry.com/

The Bitcoin Laundry will accept your payment, deduct a small commission, and then forward the balance on to a Bitcoin address you designate.

The current commission rate is 1%.

Launder today!

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 03:18:07 PM

Can you explain how this works?

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 03:21:04 PM

Apparently, you send it to a new randomly generated address and then send that to the address you want.

brocktice

Activity: 292

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 03:26:56 PM

No, I mean, what is done to make it difficult to trace? There has been some discussion on the forum about the right and wrong way to do this.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 03:30:18 PM

Sure!

You visit the site and tell it you want to launder a certain number of bitcoins. You provide that number, along with the bitcoin address to deliver to.

The site generates a fresh new Bitcoin address and presents it to you with instructions to pay your desired amount to it.

You send the requisite number of Bitcoins to that address.

Once that transaction gets 1 confirmation, the site sends the address you provided the same number of Bitcoins, minus the commission.

Make sense?

mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 03:36:11 PM

No, I mean, what is done to make it difficult to trace? There has been some discussion on the forum about the right and wrong way to do this.

Well, as a single operator with a single wallet on the back end there's only so much I can do.

What would you like? Multiple addresses generated for input and delivery? Transaction splitting? Deferred delivery? All doable...

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 03:55:58 PM

http://bitcoinlaundry.com/

The Bitcoin Laundry will accept your payment, deduct a small commission, and then forward the balance on to a Bitcoin address you designate.

The current commission rate is 1%.

Launder today!

I think you should re-read the idea I gave in the other forum thread (http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428.20), you seem to have missed a couple of key points...

It doesn't make *any* sense unless you actually take deposits, pool them together in one address and then send random payments to everyone.

mybitcoin provides the same service as yours but without the 1% fee =)

inertia

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 04:14:46 PM

For a higher percentage, you could create a new wallet for the transaction.  Not sure if that offers any real benefit, though.
inertia

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 04:17:49 PM

Yes, but is mybitcoin operated by a stateless person who is immune to subpoena?
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 04:24:04 PM

For a higher percentage, you could create a new wallet for the transaction.  Not sure if that offers any real benefit, though.

Absolutely none.

Irrelevant. Make it accessible through Tor and you could host the service in washington DC.

nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 04:45:59 PM

so does mtgox, also with no fee. just deposit btc, withdraw btc - you'll get /different/ coins, since mtgox has a lot of btc balance, and a bitcoin client tries to use older coins first.

mike, your 'laundry' is rather ineffective, if you don't pool coins from multiple users and users tend to always get their own coins back.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 05:05:53 PM

My stateless status doesn't make me special. I'm certainly not immune to subpoena.

One thing I forgot to mention about this quick thing I hacked together: Once the system remits the payment minus commission to the destination address, it forgets as much of the transaction information as Bitcoin currently allows.

When I create an address to handle a transaction, I associate it with an account (formerly label) which contains a JSON object. That object includes the destination address, the amount to be paid and the commission. After sending the payment minus commission to the destination, that account/label information is deleted from the wallet.

I would like to be able to obliterate the address generated for the transaction as well, but that's not currently supported.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 05:23:05 PM

My stateless status doesn't make me special. I'm certainly not immune to subpoena.

One thing I forgot to mention about this quick thing I hacked together: Once the system remits the payment minus commission to the destination address, it forgets as much of the transaction information as Bitcoin currently allows.

When I create an address to handle a transaction, I associate it with an account (formerly label) which contains a JSON object. That object includes the destination address, the amount to be paid and the commission. After sending the payment minus commission to the destination, that account/label information is deleted from the wallet.

I would like to be able to obliterate the address generated for the transaction as well, but that's not currently supported.

You obviously didn't get anything about my idea.
The idea is to prevent tracing coins by using the block chain, not your wallet/client/whatever info.

Being immune to subpoena is easy, as long as you don't store customer IPs (access through Tor for example) you could give the FBI full access to your server it wouldn't be of any use to them.

Maybe I'll be the first one to launch it after all Cheesy

mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 05:45:10 PM

Dude, I'm still trying to catch up on your idea, the background, and why the issues you raise are important. And on this message I wasn't replying to ya Wink

BTW, it looks like you have a lemur on your shoulder. Is that safe?

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 05:49:04 PM

It would be better to enter amount which will be received, not paid. Commision should be added to final amount to send. Currently, when I want to send 1 BTC to someone, I have to calculate commision itself.

Are you performing some scrambling in transaction? For example, when I send 1BTC, it should pay some amount instantly and some amount later even from another sending address. This way it should me much harder to pair both transactions.

By the way, I see you are living in Slovakia. Do you speak Slovak or Czech?

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 05:59:11 PM

It would be better to enter amount which will be received, not paid.
Why is there a need to pre-announce an amount? Anything that arrives at the incoming address can be delivered to the outgoing address after deducting the fee.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 06:00:26 PM

Gee Mike, do you have to use the "L" word? ;-)

Are you familiar with 1MDC? It was an anonymising system for use with e-gold.

Basically it's a ledger on top of a ledger. Trades conducted by 1MDC users became invisible to e-gold because they were trading within the same e-gold account, tracked by a separate ledger.

Mybitcoin accomplishes much the same thing for bitcoin.

Mybitcoin users can trade amongst themselves and the trades never show on the bitcoin network because they are tracked on a separate book.

It was I who coined the term "blister" to describe this shared account, or book on book concept.

A system to obscure trades (blister) from the Liberty Reserve accounts ledger is HDMoney.

Shane

PS: about the "L" word. L is defined as structuring a financial transaction to obscure the origin of proceeds of crime. It's not "L" if it's not proceeds of crime. In the federation gone feral, winning a game is now a crime. Fortunately not all humans are subject to that feral fed. So, "L" becomes a matter of what state the winner is subject to - or not. ;-)

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 06:02:50 PM

Dude, I'm still trying to catch up on your idea, the background, and why the issues you raise are important. And on this message I wasn't replying to ya Wink
No worries, the idea is just randomize the path of the funds through the system by mixing them up with lots of clean funds, so ultimately, instead of being able to say :
 - These 100 BTC are dirty, they come straight from a scammers address

You'd be able to say
 - These 100 BTC aggregated to have 0.1% likely to be dirty (depending the proportion of clean/dirty funds you mixed in a single receiving address before redispatching them)

BTW, it looks like you have a lemur on your shoulder. Is that safe?

Yes it is! It was safe for me, not for my bananas Cheesy

That'd be really cool if you implemented that, I don't have time to do it right now, but if I did I'd put a big fat picture of a laundry machine, a receiving address, and a big fat text box where people would input like a hundred of their addresses separated by spaces, commas, lemurs, whatever for them to receive their funds back in random chunks.

The same would go for the people providing the clean money.

Ideally there would also be a way for the scammer to set the fee he's willing to pay, the more he'll pay, the more people will get incentive to provide clean funds, the more mixed and randomized his laundered funds will be.

mikegogulski (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2010, 06:43:16 PM

It would be better to enter amount which will be received, not paid. Commision should be added to final amount to send. Currently, when I want to send 1 BTC to someone, I have to calculate commision itself.

Are you performing some scrambling in transaction? For example, when I send 1BTC, it should pay some amount instantly and some amount later even from another sending address. This way it should me much harder to pair both transactions.

By the way, I see you are living in Slovakia. Do you speak Slovak or Czech?

Okay, amount received not paid is a different use case. The use case I was thinking of was a payment back to oneself on a different one-time address.

No scrambling at the moment. The code is dead simple, less than 200 lines of PHP, plus my bitcoin-php library. I'm looking for the best ideas, though.

Most of my income the past 4 years comes from translating Slovak text into English. I still have a hell of a time carrying on a conversation, but I can read the newspaper pretty well.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 06:52:44 PM

As others have mentioned, this would be pretty easy to follow in the block chain. It's not much better than creating a new address and sending some bitcoins to yourself.

I outlined a somewhat easy-to-implement method for totally secure mixing on the wiki's anonymity page:
    *Set up two Bitcoin installations.
    *Put some amount of BTC in installation B. This is the maximum amount of BTC you can deal with at once (for all customers).
    *Customers send BTC to installation A. You send them an equal number of coins (or minus a fee) from installation B. Send as 10-50 BTC increments.
    *Send all coins from A to B when all orders are satisfied. You can't send coins from A to B if you have any orders that have not been satisfied from B.
    *This can be automated, or you can do everything manually.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: