Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:24:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted Posts: rpietila public diary  (Read 2126 times)
crumbcake (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:48:15 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2013, 07:01:11 PM by crumbcake

TL;DR: Pointless thread: Public Diary now Locked Sad

This thread is a (partial) archive of posts deleted by rpietila from his public diary thread.  
Rpietila's thread is self-moderated, so posts are deleted/redacted/edited regularly*.  That's exactly what a self-moderated threads are meant to be, but pages and pages of posts vanish forever** -- some informative, some funny, and some a bit surreal and worrisome.  

When your post is deleted, you get a PM that looks like this:

So.
If you feel like keeping some form of public records of the dawning age of Supernodes, or simply chronicling the drama, this is the place.  
This post is not self-moderated. Grin

*See:  Delete fukin' EVERYTHING!!
**See:  Shit didn't happen.

Starting now...
Many people have wanted me to "cool down". I have done it for another 7 hours today, just walking about in Helsinki, eating, drinking and smoking at will (which, in my case, meant 2 half-eaten salads, one glass of white wine, half a beer, two bottles of spring water, a cup of tea and one cigar during the spree, for the total cost of <100 EUR).

Last time I checked, Haikko Manor has still not:
- apologized me
- given the answer to my question: "what do you want me to do next"
- forced me to do anything.

Believe me, until one of the above happens, I will not do anything. I only have so much time, and I already wasted enough of it with them. With the exceptions of Anna-Lisa, Henna-Kaisa and the CEO, I don't have a personal problem with the members of the staff. Everybody else has been serving me as best as they can, limited only by their ability (which is top-notch) and the orders from the superiors (which were the probable reason for my disconnect from the room service Sunday morning, which in a 5-star hotel means that you run out of water in 2 hours, followed by evacuation since you are not in a position to run a supernode without water, and risk a danger of breakdown - my abilities are very much dependent on the living conditions, and I took meticulous care of them by means of the room service as long as they let me).

I am every bit as indignant because of the insults as I was on Sunday. If possible, even more. This should not have happened, and luckily I am in the position to wait for their action indefinitely. As soon as Juha realizes what a jerk he is, he either apologizes or assigns somebody to do it. If he does not, he will just have to use the legal methods available, and my lawyer is in charge of that. It is not OK to endanger my bitcoins, and the matter will be settled with cigars or wine, or in court, their call.

If indeed this was an agent story, and everything was purposely done to harm me, be my guest. You bet the wrong horse, Bitcoin is conquering the world this year, and I don't see why such a fine hotel as Haikko would side with the enemy, since my 10+ year personal experience lead me to believe they would be the first to embrace the change.

As for the ones who try to tell that it is my fault to "leave bitcoins unattended", I will just delete all that crap from now on regardless of who the poster is. The sauna WAS the "security room" of the conference, clearly visible in the orders given to the hotel, and everything we agreed upon concerning it, was broken from the hotel side, everything was compromised, some stuff was actually STOLEN: during the first night AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT TIMES it was accessed unauthorized by the hotel staff ONLY, and if this does not drive you mad, I would like to know what does.

I DID NOT leave my computer + the keys + 2 factor auth there for the reason that I was stupid, but for the reason that it was designated to be the MOST SECURE place, with higher rating than the hotel room, Manor House Suite #30, where I was staying. After we realized that there was absolutely no way to keep the intruders in hotel uniforms out without outright physical force, the sauna was evacuated to #30 and I needed to stay there personally to guard my stuff. Intentionally left without room service, it did not end well.

How is it motherfucking possible, that 3 noncooperative people (named above) can create such a mess in the finest hotel of Finland is so much beyond me that I prefer to not even think of it. That is why I continue minding my own business until they all apologize, or I have enough free time to settle the matter in court. Why in the motherfucking hell are the owners not informed of the matter, so that they could order something to be done?? If I was the owner of the hotel, in no way would any of my staff ever insult the customers so deeply without immediate apology or summary dismissal from service (in which case I would personally apologize and refund all, which I have done concerning the summit already).
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:15:31 PM

Juha Mähönen

VS

Risto Pietilä

FIGHT!

crumbcake (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:23:34 PM

...Aaaand rpietila's thread's locked. Shocked
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:33:01 PM

Crazy person goes nuts. News at 11.
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:54:53 PM

I should have most of the recent ramblings saved in case he decides to delete everything. (depressive phase after hypomania)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: