Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:39:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoin as Fiat from Phone?  (Read 1299 times)
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:37:55 AM

Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

I think there is some establishment that really accepts Bitcoin as a payment in exchange of their goods or services, just scanning the QR code and that's it. And when about the security it is better to always activate your 2 Factor Authentication in opening your account and withdrawing balance to it as it is a secure safety measure that can really help when sending Bitcoins. Localbitcoins I think is the best choice for loading your BTC wallet, just try downloading a legit mobile application that cater Bitcoin wallet.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:40:52 AM

If there is a store that accepts payments using bitcoin from the wallet that is on your phone, I think it's too risky, I think we need to exchange our bitcoin to fiat, bitcoin prices that tend to increase as well as very fast decline, it Which can not be done for transactions from your phone wallet. This will cause losses from the store that receives payment with bitcoin, if the price of the goods you buy is not worth the bitcoin price that is decreasing. To do this there needs to be a better technical, so that no parties feel a loss for the transactions made.
I agree with that but what if there's no other way to transact in using bitcoin. How can we deal on this few years from now if the systems don't accept bitcoin. But just in my case I really cash out my bitcoin change to our currency and that's the time I purchase goods so that it will be useful. If it means to decreasing point I don't have to worry at all.
It is possible only when the price of the bitcoin will become stable. Otherwise, it is a big loss for both customer and the shoppe owner. After paying your bill through Bitcoin, the price increase means what will do it is profit for the shop owner. If it reverses the price drops means it is a loss for shop owner so this will not work out until the price will become stable.

My local exchange wallet allows me to buy load directly and it exchanges my btc to fiat automatically whenever I make a purchase. I guess this would be convenient if I could do the same with other products such as food, clothes, shoes etc. It's quite possible for something like this to happen in the near future but there are some problems such as security.

I agree that some merchants may not accept BTC as a payment because of the price stability. It would be a loss for them if the price of BTC goes down suddenly.
JohnPierson

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:57:10 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 08:07:30 PM by JohnPierson

Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

As mentioned above, Crypterium meets all your requirement. Just for some clarification, it'll be possible to use Crypterium for the transactions in points which accept mastercard paypass, visa paywave, unionpay quickpass (icluding ATMs) instantly after application launch.

Feel free to ask questions in Crypterium ANN thread.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:06:59 PM

To use that thing you need to have NFC at your phone and isntall any app like TenX or any other which have an already added card to use from your phone. I know there you can chose from different cryptocurrencies like BTC,LTC,MONERO et. and pay by a wallet in your phone

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
Milo_Kidd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:19:03 PM

It depends on the location, if the place you were belong is accepted and considered the service then its fine. But if we are talking about the security I am not sure by that. But if your transaction is not that big you can handle it.

readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:37:10 PM

I think the smartphone applications of cryptobanks will give you this possibility. You will easily transform your crypto into fiat money and use it as you want.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:54:32 PM

If there is a store that accepts payments using bitcoin from the wallet that is on your phone, I think it's too risky, I think we need to exchange our bitcoin to fiat, bitcoin prices that tend to increase as well as very fast decline, it Which can not be done for transactions from your phone wallet. This will cause losses from the store that receives payment with bitcoin, if the price of the goods you buy is not worth the bitcoin price that is decreasing. To do this there needs to be a better technical, so that no parties feel a loss for the transactions made.
I agree with that but what if there's no other way to transact in using bitcoin. How can we deal on this few years from now if the systems don't accept bitcoin. But just in my case I really cash out my bitcoin change to our currency and that's the time I purchase goods so that it will be useful. If it means to decreasing point I don't have to worry at all.
It is possible only when the price of the bitcoin will become stable. Otherwise, it is a big loss for both customer and the shoppe owner. After paying your bill through Bitcoin, the price increase means what will do it is profit for the shop owner. If it reverses the price drops means it is a loss for shop owner so this will not work out until the price will become stable.

My local exchange wallet allows me to buy load directly and it exchanges my btc to fiat automatically whenever I make a purchase. I guess this would be convenient if I could do the same with other products such as food, clothes, shoes etc. It's quite possible for something like this to happen in the near future but there are some problems such as security.

I agree that some merchants may not accept BTC as a payment because of the price stability. It would be a loss for them if the price of BTC goes down suddenly.

Most of the solutions for this won't be dependent on the store owner accepting bitcoin whatsoever, when the transaction is executed it will instantly sell the bitcoin from the purchasers account for the currency of the store (usd for example) and then credit that currency to the stores account. This way no one is receiving anything they don't want to and they aren't liable to price changes etc.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:55:02 PM

I have not seen such applications. Perhaps in some countries such as Japan there is a local application allowing the use of bitcoin for payment but I hardly understand how it happens. Confirmation of transactions happening very slowly. I doubt anybody wants to wait that long. In other countries, such an application would be illegal.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:09:02 AM

this is possible due to the technology we have some merchants have systems for their businesses in order to accept bitcoin as payment, here in the Philippines, there are already merchants that do so, and some bitcoin users do treat their bitcoins like fiat, they easily go on spending spree, like our app, wherein you can buy load for your phones, pay bills and pay others as well, i think it because of its availability and it is more convenient than traditional going over the counter and through credit card, still money management here needs to take place.
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:32:41 AM

in my country you can not use bitcoin in your daily life. but I know a friend who has traveled a few countries around the world with bitcoin. I saw a similar title on this forum. it will become even easier in the future.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:28:31 PM

Yes, in my country you can use an app as a wallet and also to buy certain certain digital goods such as load for your SIM Card. What's more beneficial is you can get a rebate from your bought load. It plays around 10% rebate so it is really worth the buy. You can also pay all sorts of bills in it, not just electricity but also all utilities such as for your ISP or Water company. It is really convenient in fact that Bitcoin is getting more popular than ever.

Maybe you are talking about coins.ph mate. Its really convenient and we are happy that they have support for the paying bills like internet, water and electricity. I have used that functions as well and its very convenient to us.

But as far as the OP's questions, Yes, there are really wallets that do support that function. However, the issue is that no grocery has yet so far accepting bitcoin or crypto as payment method. We have been dreaming that this, used bitcoin as micro payments. But sadly, it will take a couple of years before we can see this happening.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████