Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:46:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spend Bitcoin as Fiat from Phone?  (Read 1296 times)
stevebc (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:50:19 PM

Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:30:50 PM

Are there any usable options that allow us to load BTC to a phone wallet (only a small amount, so not real worried about security) and then walk into a store and pay for groceries (priced in the local Fiat) using part of the BTC balance?

Clearly there would be no card, so it would have to be some kind of NFC, Android pay, other contactless solution.

I think you should learn it on the site in your country. In my country, I can buy the cards for the phone by bitcoin, it is done very quickly, you just wait for a single confirmation.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Proton2233

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:02:22 PM

I did not know. I take my bitcoins to a Bank card and pay her in any store. Our smartphones too poorly protected from break-ins to store our bitcoins. I don't even trust your Bank cards, and so deduce money there just before you buy.
knowcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 03:03:19 PM

or you can try bitpay card https://bitpay.com/

STOP SENDING LIKES; START SENDING MONEY
Social Send Platform
Social Send Website
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:05:32 PM

I don't think it is possible, unless the grocery shop in question accepts bitcoin as a payment method. The closest i can think of is converting your coins to FIAT using bitpay, yet your grocery shop must be signed up to bitpay to make it possible.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:07:44 PM

There is bitcoin debet cards with which you can pay directly in places that takes bitcoin for payment. On the forum there is the information about such card and you can read all details, but about phone apps or phone wallets I really don't know. Sorry.
stevebc (OP)

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:11:32 PM

Seems like all the debit cards require various form of account verification, was hoping for a phone solution that does away with those requirements....if you know what i mean....

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:43:52 PM

OR you can convert your bitcoin to an application balance that has a payment option where almost all groceries in your country accept it, like china, everyone in there using Wechat for daily transactions, it so easy and fast. Bitcoin is good, but i think it's not the time yet to using it, there is still many disadvantage like the price is really unstable that can make seller or buyer loss.

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:46:19 PM

It will depend if your grocery or shops there is accepting bitcoin. No matter how many bitcoins we have on mobile and began walking around if there's no place to spend it physically then it's not making sense.

Having bitcoin setup on phone is easy as there are web exchanges app that can do that thing. The process surely is scanning the QR or the usual way to send bitcoin.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 05:12:24 PM

It's doable and you don't need any contactless technology or NFC and things. You can actually pay the store in bitcoin straight from your wallet if they do accept the bitcoin. You can just scan the QR code for their phone to pay them directly your wallet. Another option is to send from phone number to phone number from a wallet. For example, Zebpay is wallet which can use phone numbers to send the bitcoin and it don't have any fees as you are transferring funds internally. So likewise you can get your job done.
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:36:33 PM

It's doable and you don't need any contactless technology or NFC and things. You can actually pay the store in bitcoin straight from your wallet if they do accept the bitcoin. You can just scan the QR code for their phone to pay them directly your wallet. Another option is to send from phone number to phone number from a wallet. For example, Zebpay is wallet which can use phone numbers to send the bitcoin and it don't have any fees as you are transferring funds internally. So likewise you can get your job done.

I still hesitate to use Zebpay wallet yet many people recommend it for use. So you can guarantee the security of using Zebpay wallet? I hope it's not a good choice but if it's very safe what's wrong with trying.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:45:20 PM

Since no one else answered your question directly, I will. The answer is no. There is currently no way for you to load Bitcoin on your phone wallet and then pay using fiat.
  The only method that is similar to this is Bitcoin debit cards, whereby you pay for things using your Bitcoin balance and a debit card though one of the various companies that provide this service. To the cashier it looks like a normal transaction with a standard debit card (it is), but in reality you are paying from your online Bitcoin wallet. It is very similar to what you are asking for. Hope this makes sense.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 06:24:42 PM

Seems like all the debit cards require various form of account verification, was hoping for a phone solution that does away with those requirements....if you know what i mean....

There are plenty of NFC based systems for P2P transactions. While going through some of them I hit through this https://news.bitcoin.com/shake-enables-bitcoin-nfc-payments.

On further going through NFC based cards are also available: https://news.bitcoin.com/nfc-bitcoin-wallet-cards. You can try this service as well : https://plutus.it

Also there is another NFC based cards of which you can find thread at bitcointalk. Recently it was sold but I think services are still going on(mean to say card still is working). Check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1652880.0

There are many reputed users who have tried this card and have gone without a problem. Contact the OP and he will let you know how his system works if you are interested.

Above are the services available but since you are finding some way to put local groceries then I think they must be accepting payments in BTC and little bit awareness on working of NFC. Those are the only prerequisites that you can overcome by making them aware about it.

Patsakkyy

Activity: 154

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

Since no one else answered your question directly, I will. The answer is no. There is currently no way for you to load Bitcoin on your phone wallet and then pay using fiat.
  The only method that is similar to this is Bitcoin debit cards, whereby you pay for things using your Bitcoin balance and a debit card though one of the various companies that provide this service. To the cashier it looks like a normal transaction with a standard debit card (it is), but in reality you are paying from your online Bitcoin wallet. It is very similar to what you are asking for. Hope this makes sense.
The fact is that spending Bitcoin will be what way, at least recklessness. Really no one can understand that even after a few months you will be able to go Bitcoin to afford a few times more.

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:33:37 AM

If there is a store that accepts payments using bitcoin from the wallet that is on your phone, I think it's too risky, I think we need to exchange our bitcoin to fiat, bitcoin prices that tend to increase as well as very fast decline, it Which can not be done for transactions from your phone wallet. This will cause losses from the store that receives payment with bitcoin, if the price of the goods you buy is not worth the bitcoin price that is decreasing. To do this there needs to be a better technical, so that no parties feel a loss for the transactions made.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:03:47 AM

If there is a store that accepts payments using bitcoin from the wallet that is on your phone, I think it's too risky, I think we need to exchange our bitcoin to fiat, bitcoin prices that tend to increase as well as very fast decline, it Which can not be done for transactions from your phone wallet. This will cause losses from the store that receives payment with bitcoin, if the price of the goods you buy is not worth the bitcoin price that is decreasing. To do this there needs to be a better technical, so that no parties feel a loss for the transactions made.
I agree with that but what if there's no other way to transact in using bitcoin. How can we deal on this few years from now if the systems don't accept bitcoin. But just in my case I really cash out my bitcoin change to our currency and that's the time I purchase goods so that it will be useful. If it means to decreasing point I don't have to worry at all.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:31:31 AM

I agree with that but what if there's no other way to transact in using bitcoin. How can we deal on this few years from now if the systems don't accept bitcoin. But just in my case I really cash out my bitcoin change to our currency and that's the time I purchase goods so that it will be useful. If it means to decreasing point I don't have to worry at all.
It is possible only when the price of the bitcoin will become stable. Otherwise, it is a big loss for both customer and the shoppe owner. After paying your bill through Bitcoin, the price increase means what will do it is profit for the shop owner. If it reverses the price drops means it is a loss for shop owner so this will not work out until the price will become stable.
oegarod

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:51:35 AM

Spending bitcoin as if using fiat is possible with certain wallets that have got the mobile application. Primarily as the user stated based on the country the accessibility of bitcoin similar to bitcoin varies. In most cases localbitcoins serves as a better way to load fiat in term of bitcoin.
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:08:23 AM

I think it depends in the wallet you are using and the country you are in. Here in PH we have coinsph wallet app that stores btc and peso. We can choose to use either peso or btc in purchasing game loads, mobile prepaid and pay our bills. It is quite effective for me since I can use my btc like cash. I can even use it as a source of income too wherein I can put up a bills payment center and an electronic loading station with just my phone, the app and the internet of course.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:02:28 AM

I don't advise anyone to use mobile wallet because the security measures is not fully implemented yet also mobile software is not controlled the way you can control PC . 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █