Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scanning transaction history - How Long?  (Read 2679 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:22:56 PM

So far it has been about 1.5 hours on "scanning transaction history". I also made sure BEFORE I loaded armory that my bitcoin daemon was all caught up. This is now a new problem. I had to previously create a entire virtual machine just for Armory so it wouldn't keep crashing all the time. There really isn't much more I can do besides more gum and duct tape to get this client running properly. It is hell to work with sometimes, especially when I need to use the bitcoin that is sitting in the wallet.

Can I import my armory wallet into another bitcoin wallet program? I may have to ditch armory all together because of the resources I'm using just to keep it working.

Thanks

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:30:29 PM

So far it has been about 1.5 hours on "scanning transaction history". I also made sure BEFORE I loaded armory that my bitcoin daemon was all caught up. This is now a new problem. I had to previously create a entire virtual machine just for Armory so it wouldn't keep crashing all the time. There really isn't much more I can do besides more gum and duct tape to get this client running properly. It is hell to work with sometimes, especially when I need to use the bitcoin that is sitting in the wallet.

Can I import my armory wallet into another bitcoin wallet program? I may have to ditch armory all together because of the resources I'm using just to keep it working.

Thanks

Understood.  I'm working on it.

You can export your private keys from the wallet properties dialog, under "Backup Individual Keys".  You can get a list of them either using "PrivBase58" or "PrivHex(BE)".  You might have to remove the spaces and the prefix for it to import properly into another app.  I promised that the next update will have an option to remove those artifacts for you.

I am well aware of the problem, hence the warning on the downloads page about having sufficient RAM.  I'm working diligently, and hopefully will have something in the next few weeks.  Thanks for being patient, but I totally understand you wanting to get away from it for now.

By the way, did you switch you to the 64-bit download?  It won't improve scanning time (you need more RAM to do that), but it dramatically improves stability once it's loaded.

http://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:56:16 AM

Thanks

Understood.  I'm working on it.

You can export your private keys from the wallet properties dialog, under "Backup Individual Keys".  You can get a list of them either using "PrivBase58" or "PrivHex(BE)".  You might have to remove the spaces and the prefix for it to import properly into another app.  I promised that the next update will have an option to remove those artifacts for you.

I am well aware of the problem, hence the warning on the downloads page about having sufficient RAM.  I'm working diligently, and hopefully will have something in the next few weeks.  Thanks for being patient, but I totally understand you wanting to get away from it for now.

By the way, did you switch you to the 64-bit download?  It won't improve scanning time (you need more RAM to do that), but it dramatically improves stability once it's loaded.

http://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

I was able to get into my wallet ONCE this whole week and sent all my coins to another bitcoin wallet. My armory wallet is finally empty and that was a long week battle trying to get that done. I'm currently using a 32bit version of Windows 7, so for me to increase my RAM I would need to completely wipe out the VM and start over with a 64bit VM. Arghhh...it just might not be worth it right now. That will take up a lot of time and resouces. Maybe, just maybe I'll add some memory into my Vsphere server and then change my 32bit VM to a 64bit VM and then use Armory on that. My problem is not scanning time, my problem is that it will scan forever. I left armory scanning for about 3 days this week and it never finished. What's happening when it does that? If I indeed had more memory would that still happen?

I guess my question is if I change over to a 64bit OS and change the memory setting to 8GB will the Armory client work?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
silvercoins

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:20:11 PM

I posted in a previous thread pertaining to my issue.

I have 88.1 32 bit version on Windows 7.

Scanning stalls @ 42% / 13 minutes

Can anyone please advise me on what to do?

Download Blockchain again?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: