Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING - Poloniex(POLO) deposit and support issues - you may lose your money  (Read 2674 times)
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:55:39 PM

Hehe, you are forgeting about BTC-e as well... But still, I am only trading on poloniex I a not holding any significant amount of cryptos there. For that I have my local, cold wallets.
Still to be able to trade you need to have some assets in there, unless you're sending them coins worth $100 and once your trade is complete you're withdrawing.
I have maybe $1000 in coins sitting on polo, which isn't a lot, but it would still hurt me to lose it. Every loss hurts when you had to work for it.
why don't you withdraw from there then? i stopped using poloniex long ago. bittrex is where i buy altcoins.
Because there are coins I hold on polo that aren't available on bittrex like STR or LSK, but reading about your problems makes me wonder if it's worth staying there. I guess I'll sell those coins for BTC before the 1st. Should be worth it and much safer.
str is xlm or stellar lumen and lsk is lisk is that correct? both of them are available on bittrex, i even got some xlm while i was holding bitcoin there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:46:02 PM

Not sure how big OP is withdrawing, but I've never had any problems with poloniex. I actually withdrew all my bitcoins out of there in preparation for August 1, actually in just a few hours. I probably withdrew about 2 btc from them without problems.

About ETH deposits, I think you need about 1 ETH so that the system recognizes your deposit. Maybe you deposited less than that? This is likely a low chance though.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:55:45 PM

Does anyone facing an issue with Poloniex ETH withdrawal?

My withdrawal not being processed from past 8 days and there is no response from support ticket..
i have opened more than 5 tickets

No wonder their support team is swamped. People opening 5 tickets for a single issue is NOT a good way to handle it. They will get to your ticket and opening more may lead to them putting you on hold a bit longer because of you opening so many and giving them extra work...
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:59:09 PM

Not sure how big OP is withdrawing, but I've never had any problems with poloniex. I actually withdrew all my bitcoins out of there in preparation for August 1, actually in just a few hours. I probably withdrew about 2 btc from them without problems.
You sure ? Because expect you everyone is seem to be having problems with the withdrawals lately.Not only they're delayed but the support tickets remain unanswered for days/weeks.

About ETH deposits, I think you need about 1 ETH so that the system recognizes your deposit. Maybe you deposited less than that? This is likely a low chance though.
Is that a condition ? I've never come across that.I deposited 0.01 ETH a few days before and it landed  in my wallet like it was suppose to be.
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:20:46 PM

I have had a stuck lending position (2 days) that lasted about 2 weeks. Issued ticket, no reply.

But somehow it unstuck itself recently.

A part from lack of reply, all other function I use are working well, including withdraw BTC.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:34:59 PM

str is xlm or stellar lumen and lsk is lisk is that correct? both of them are available on bittrex, i even got some xlm while i was holding bitcoin there.
You're right, silly me. I have no idea how I checked that last time I went there, but I could've sworn they had less coin pairs available than polo. Now it's the other way round.

It's great that you guys resolved this somehow. At least we know they aren't packing their bags.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:55:41 AM

I have had a stuck lending position (2 days) that lasted about 2 weeks. Issued ticket, no reply.

But somehow it unstuck itself recently.

A part from lack of reply, all other function I use are working well, including withdraw BTC.

I had a stuck withdrawel (complete: error message) and submitted a ticket yesterday. Within a couple of hours my transaction went through afterall.

It seems they are handling tickets with easy solutions by providing the solution and then closing the ticket.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:03:35 AM

People, Polo is currently the biggest crypto exchange, any fall of this giant would be felt big time. So let us try to think proactively and not just spread panic and cause them even more problems. If you feel you need to withdraw, do that. Other then that, we can only wait.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:31:58 PM

People, Polo is currently the biggest crypto exchange, any fall of this giant would be felt big time. So let us try to think proactively and not just spread panic and cause them even more problems. If you feel you need to withdraw, do that. Other then that, we can only wait.

MtGox was the biggest dog too...  Like that means anything.  Where there is smoke there may be a fire.  Choose your poison wisely.

Today(1 August 2017) we get a Terms of Use update on Polo limiting your ability to take legal action against them... Yep, "Nothing to see here, not the droids your looking for... Move along, move along".

I am glad I am not trading there now. 
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:03:06 PM

Poloniex is falling. Many withdrawals are locked since weeks ago. They are preparing the insolvency.

Withdrawn your funds as soon as you still can.

Dmarti94

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:31:30 PM

I'm on polo with some DGB, i just downloaded there core and will store my coins there.
As they say, better safe than sorry in the ennd.

I see many complains aabout them and the list is growing every day!

Really big red flag if you ask me!
caneca

Activity: 518
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:40:32 PM

Poloniex is extremely slow to awnser tickets. My first (and last) ticket tooked three months to be awnsered. Now I use only Bittrex, they don't have the same volume of transaction, but the price is quite the same and they have a larger variety of coins.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:57:00 PM

Maybe it is time for regulators to look into Polo like they have done with BTC-E.

What good did that do for BTC-E clients ? They're all screwed.

Also, it seems you are using the site as a wallet for your mining, which is not recommended, anywhere.
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:24:17 PM

I tried to withdraw Lisk from poloniex 20 days ago and still nothing happened. They mostly don't even respond to my tickets. It seems that they provide exchange service for coins they don't have. I recommend everyone to withdraw their coins and stay away from polo.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:24:36 PM

WITHDRAW ALL OF YOUR MONEY ASAP FROM POLONIEX!!!

This is EXACTLY what happened to Cryptsy. They had "deposit issues" while they stole everyone's Bitcoins and then ran.

There are many issues with poloniex from the last 5 months i also ended up withdrawing all my funds from that exchange but they can't simply run away with our bitcoins they are a us regulated exchange from what i have seen on their site so stealing of funds shouldn't really occur if incase that happens i might just store my coins and avoid trading forever
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:27:56 PM

WARNING - Poloniex(POLO) deposit and support issues - you may lose your money
Pay enough transaction fee or wait 1 week

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:35:32 PM

Poloniex is extremely slow to awnser tickets. My first (and last) ticket tooked three months to be awnsered. Now I use only Bittrex, they don't have the same volume of transaction, but the price is quite the same and they have a larger variety of coins.
They are having these issues for a very long time and this is nothing new,they are yet to fix their problems and i am not sure what they are doing and with the amount of money they are getting it is already time they fixed it up but yet they have not done anything ,so i am sure they will be loosing users because of it.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:40:09 PM

I've read so much posts on Reddit on how their funds are getting locked in on their accounts. I'm smelling a scamquit on poloniex soon. Move your funds to other exchanges ASAP. It's never a smart move to leave your funds on exchanges in the first place.

Like where should I move my funds?
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:46:08 PM

Maybe it is time for regulators to look into Polo like they have done with BTC-E.

What good did that do for BTC-E clients ? They're all screwed.

Also, it seems you are using the site as a wallet for your mining, which is not recommended, anywhere.

No, I mine to the exchange, I change the coins to the currency I want, then move it to where I want it.  That is what I use the exchanges for.  Sometimes for some other trades.  I am not using it as a wallet. 

You don't have to use it as a wallet to have funds NOT BE DEPOSITED(ie blockchain says the transaction is cleared, Polo does not deposit), and to NOT BE RELEASED as you move your funds from one place/thing to another.

Please don't assume that everyone uses the exchange like a bank or wallet. 
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 08:58:13 PM

Although I have been using poloniex for a few months but haven't faced any problem with depositing btc there. I haven't withdrawn so far so I can't say whether that works fine or not. But I think I should move my coins to some other trusted exchange as the advice given by so many people and also the problems encountered and experienced by so many people can't be ignored.

The minimum amount for deposit is 0.5 ETH

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██