Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla stopped from dealing with MtGox!  (Read 4230 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:18:48 PM

Just received this e-mail:

DWOLLA

As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

You’re receiving this notice because our systems have indicated that you’ve processed and completed a real-time Dwolla-to-Dwolla payment to Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”) within the last 24 hours.

Due to recent court orders received from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Dwolla is no longer legally able to service Mutum Sigillum LLC’s account.

This is a courtesy email encouraging you to follow up on any uncompleted orders with Mutum Sigillum LLC as Dwolla is now unable to move money to and from Mutum Sigillum LLC’s Dwolla account.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:21:05 PM

Yes just got that email....after 2 weeks of waiting for my acct to get verified...and just putting more money in. I guess will have to use CampBX and Coinbase to get money out now.
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:21:54 PM

Yep.  Getting this message when trying to send to mt gox from dwolla:

"This account is unavailable currently. For information, please contact the merchant or individual directly."

I've only used Dwolla.  What is the next best way to get USD to mtgox?

Just received this e-mail:

DWOLLA

As of 12:13 PM on 5/14/2013:

You’re receiving this notice because our systems have indicated that you’ve processed and completed a real-time Dwolla-to-Dwolla payment to Mutum Sigillum LLC (“Mt. Gox”) within the last 24 hours.

Due to recent court orders received from the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, Dwolla is no longer legally able to service Mutum Sigillum LLC’s account.

This is a courtesy email encouraging you to follow up on any uncompleted orders with Mutum Sigillum LLC as Dwolla is now unable to move money to and from Mutum Sigillum LLC’s Dwolla account.

Dwolla is not party to this matter nor does it have any information or further insight into the situation. We strongly encourages those with questions to contact Mutum Sigillum LLC

Note: Dwolla requires a court order before honoring requests such as seizing funds or revoking access to an account.

On behalf of Dwolla, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
jag2k2

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:22:13 PM

wow

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson
lukestokes

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:23:11 PM

Wow. Yet another reason not to deal with MtGox.

Is this related to the Coinlabs lawsuit?

What's the best way in the US to get USD out of BTC? Coinbase?

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
tclo

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:33:39 PM

Wow. Yet another reason not to deal with MtGox.

Is this related to the Coinlabs lawsuit?

What's the best way in the US to get USD out of BTC? Coinbase?

This makes me nervous although I'm sure all is ok. I'm going to transfer my funds out of Gox for a day or two until everything calms down.

I can use Dwolla with CampBx and they are based in the USA (just 10 min from me actually) so will move funds there and also will try Coinbase although they charge a fee while CampBX does not.
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:35:58 PM

This makes me nervous although I'm sure all is ok. I'm going to transfer my funds out of Gox for a day or two until everything calms down.

I can use Dwolla with CampBx and they are based in the USA (just 10 min from me actually) so will move funds there and also will try Coinbase although they charge a fee while CampBX does not.
[/quote]

It found it far cheaper to use Coinbase to move from BTC to USD than to use CampBX.
newtothescene

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:51:24 PM

This is not great news Sad
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:06:41 PM

Ironically it made it to 110$ while uploading the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A
tclo

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

It found it far cheaper to use Coinbase to move from BTC to USD than to use CampBX.

How do you find it cheaper when Coinbase charges 1% and CampBX charges 0%?
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:14:01 PM

people/bots panicking on news that they don't even understand yet.

What's not to understand? Dwolla just denied further dealings with Gox, a bunch of cash is in limbo and once more the exchange falls into retardolag mode as soon as someone just as much as sneezes.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:17:24 PM

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:18:28 PM

How do you find it cheaper when Coinbase charges 1% and CampBX charges 0%?

It seems I have made an error now that I review the FAQ which I would swear the ink is wet on. Even then it clearly states that ACH withdrawals incur a flat $2 fee which while can be cheaper than 1% is certainly not free.
https://campbx.com/faq.php#fund-transfers
LiveJay

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

I just got this email as well.  Worried me because I had just moved some money, but apparently I got in under the wire.  I think I'm done with MTGox and Dwolla.  I already have a bitstamp account, CampBX seems to be down right now, and I'll check out  Coinbase.  What other exchanges are worthing looking into here in the US?

Thanks,

-Jay
LiveJay

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:21:57 PM

i've had a long time Dwolla acct and i've not received any email...

Have you had a transaction with MtGox lately?  I doubt they sent this to all their customers.

-Jay
abbyd

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

Wait1 week for optimum buy opportunity? Dwolla always kinda sucked anyway...

WTF is this DHS court order from Maryland?  Now those twats have to get involved in the pile-on?
bitcoinanon

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

Wait1 week for optimum buy opportunity? Dwolla always kinda sucked anyway...

WTF is this DHS court order from Maryland?  Now those twats have to get involved in the pile-on?

Yup this mean the price of BTC is going to drop. So it could very well be good news. At least for those who wish to invest more.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:24:24 PM

I want to understand why Dwolla is no longer allowed to do business with Mt Gox.  That letter said literally nothing, except "Sorry you lose" over and over again.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:25:59 PM

Is there any legitimate proof outside of bitcointalk.org about this announcement?

bit777

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:30:13 PM

Do you need one, when Dwolla cancels their account?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: