Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if we die?  (Read 5544 times)
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:03:08 AM

Bitcoin as a future investement means thta even if the investor is dead the family or the wife will continue ''infinito''

If she know what is bitcoin and she knows how to handle it. Though if we are talking about in our self right, im a teenager who have a girlfriend i do have a parents too and they know what is bitcoin but they dont know how it works and what it is, they only know that im earning money from it, then if suddenly somethings happen well no one could use my bitcoin and when the time goes by if the price of bitcoins is in millions then my family or my parents dont know that they are a millioner but they couldnt get my bitcoin unless they could find all of the private keys  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:04:00 AM

No one knows when will die so it is right to restore access to bitcoin, and to write the access code box. If the purse is activated 2-based authorization then you will not remain without money, and your heirs will curse you for greed.
well life and death is not in our own hands but I think it will not decrease the importance of the bitcoin. There for we should think about our family that we should leave something behind for our family that they will get after you will die. As I have got my passphrases written down somewhere and I have told about it my sister so I am happy if something ever happen with me at least I will leave something for my family. 

True, Dying is out of our hands, we all don't know our due date (death date), but as we live we all should have a contingency plan, meaning we all should have series of plans that, if we fail, then there is other plan for us to succeed. My sister knows about my private keys, and i have multiple copies of it in case of emergency, we all know how to operate our account, so i think i am prepared to die even though i am only 19 (regarding the topic, hopefully i will not die at a young age).

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:44:43 AM

Well, if someone dies and the private key is not shared to anyone, the amount inside the account will be gone forever. Yes it will be wasted because all that you've earned will be gone for good so it's advisable to share infos about it, most especially the private key to someone closest and trustworthy with your accounts.

ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:39:00 PM

Nope, this is no existential question (although...). Everybody's talking about "When will Bitcoin die", but what if you die, and your family don't find your key, or don't understand it, or think it's only a useless sheet of paper with some code on it, or simply throw it away... Does this mean the currency's gone forever?

I find the possibility of this event rather realistic (yup I don't believe in eternal life), so that means that someday there might be 21M BTC but only 18M (and counting down...) is left in the market?

How long you want to keep your btc? I think you have a beatiful plan for it use. But remember, we're not live forever, Nobody. So by doing investment with this crypto, you need to tell someone you can trust, just told him/her, you have an asset in bitcoin, and you keep it in online wallet, and you have print it seed. So If you're gone, and dont have a time to use it, they will find and learn how to use it, because its your legacy.
He is right for once, OP. You must tell someone who is close to you about your bitcoins. There must be somebody whom you want to trust with your valuables before death actually embraces you (May you live long but still how long can anyone live). I am afraid that all your bitcoins will be gone resulting decrease in total number.
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:14:43 AM

That's why you have to view Bitcoin as an investment, not a form of play money. The amount of uses and users participating is astounding. As the Blockchain gains more authority and traction as a real way to store value, Bitcoin will be ever more attractive.

Store your Bitcoins in a cold wallet and store it somewhere secure like a safe. There are many options for cold wallets. Check out my website for more smart investing strategies for the long, long term.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:53:07 AM

You need to write Bitcoin into your will right now. You never know when you are going to die. If you die and all your Bitcoin is on an exchange and even your friend and/or family know, they will not be able to access it. (they do not know your password!)

At least put the password in a security box at your bank and grant them access upon your death. Chances are you won't die, but if it happens they will be able to get the pass and your Bitcoin. Otherwise it will be a waste of money and to your family.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:04:41 AM

If we die and have some bitcoin, then Give our btc as a legacy that will benefit our children and grandchildren.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:15:16 AM

Everything we do will be our responsibility, but before we die, it's good we do the best for everyone, so we can smile and always remember.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:21:07 AM

All in all, this is still an interesting existential question  Smiley I'm not sure you can mention your bitcoins in your will, although this would be a good option. But I hope I'm able to leave my keys to a close person before I die. Given that I have a chance to prepare for death. Otherwise the coins will be probably lost forever, and it's a shame
92iceman

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:28:09 AM

All your coins go to heaven with you
Angeltwist12

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:23:46 AM

Indeed in essence if we look at all the transactions or data contained in bitcoin. That for the next 20 years bitcoin still exist and certainly will provide benefits for those who do store bitcoin, and also will certainly get the ease in the future. Because indeed the system and technology owned by bitcoin far superior and profitable for all people in this world. When we can easily understand and understand the growth of bitcoin will definitely understand and do something the right thing
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:31:31 AM

I think that in a few years this recital about the legacy of bitcoin will be improved or it will be necessary to pass on to their children keys and passwords so that they can use coins.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:54:47 PM

All your coins go to heaven with you
bro that was quite funny. We are the only owners of our coins and no one can touch them so if we die those coins will be no longer of any use. Bitcoin network is run by humans and if humans die that means bitcoin die. So we must use that will thing to make them to be used by someone after us. and if people start dying while owning bitcoin will also affect the value of bitcoin.
friends1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:46:36 AM

All in all, this is still an interesting existential question  Smiley I'm not sure you can mention your bitcoins in your will, although this would be a good option. But I hope I'm able to leave my keys to a close person before I die. Given that I have a chance to prepare for death. Otherwise the coins will be probably lost forever, and it's a shame

I understand that many people would not like to see their money disappear after their death, but the purpose of my OP was to discuss the economical consequences of the fact that BTC will be disappearing along the way.

Will this bring more value to the crypto concept or could this mean a possible destruction of the concept?

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

that's because bitcoin is important if we lose it and we can not say it and let's know what bitcoin our loved ones do not interfere so we should first teach it to our family so that we will lose our attention to our knowledge bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:03:22 PM

All of us should be taught our children to manage our Bitcoin before we die. Because it is a valuable coin and profitable business and the most successful road to invest. So after I died I would give my ID this valuable ID in the hands of my generation.
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:21:15 PM

If that happens as you stated, of course if we die it is also bitcoin that we have. For that when we have bitcoin which according to have a high enough value then the best preparation teach one family how to use it and tell them the password from the account bitcoin that we have, so that when we die then the bitcoin we have will not die, but useful and can be owned by the people we want to have the bitcoin we have.

rye18

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:22:09 PM

All of us should be taught our children to manage our Bitcoin before we die. Because it is a valuable coin and profitable business and the most successful road to invest. So after I died I would give my ID this valuable ID in the hands of my generation.

As an investors that wanted to provide a better life of our family in the future we used to invest in high profit investment but sometime we may ask some question if what happens to our investment if we die, but all i can say that our investment is still be safe as it continue to rise depending on the market status and let's make ensure we provide the the private keys or documents to our trusted family members so they can continue to mange our investment once we die.
goodfortune2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

As an investors that wanted to provide a better life of our family in the future we used to invest in high profit investment but sometime we may ask some question if what happens to our investment if we die, but all i can say that our investment is still be safe as it continue to rise depending on the market status and let's make ensure we provide the the private keys or documents to our trusted family members so they can continue to mange our investment once we die.

Agree, Let's just ensure that we provided the complete documents to the person we really trust because its very risky because it involves money that can be possibly stolen and benefited only by single or few person because cryptocurrency will never been lost as long as we have keys to do transactions.
abonti

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:35:43 AM

I think bitcoin can't die maybe the word bitcoin can die but there are so many coins like bitcoin cannot be die in fact it is so hard do kill bitcoin easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: