Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having an issue with my Rig and searched everywhere i can think. Cant find a fix  (Read 271 times)
sublimewls (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:24:48 AM

Here's the low down. I have a 5 MSI Seahawk Rig. It was running fine with at 75% with +150 core and +200ish memory bump. On EWBF I was mining Zen at roughly 650-700 each card. I had it going relatively stable and decided to try and adjust the clocks and squeeze a little more out of it. It errored after a couple mins and when I tried to reset the settings I keep getting errors and the miner and drivers would crash. When i put it back to stock settings (just turn down the tdp) it doesn't even mine for more than a minute and crashes again.  More specifically "thread stopped error 6". The display drivers crash. Now the whole rig is competely unstable. I am not sure what I should do from here. ANY help would be appreciated!
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Here's the low down. I have a 5 MSI Seahawk Rig. It was running fine with at 75% with +150 core and +200ish memory bump. On EWBF I was mining Zen at roughly 650-700 each card. I had it going relatively stable and decided to try and adjust the clocks and squeeze a little more out of it. It errored after a couple mins and when I tried to reset the settings I keep getting errors and the miner and drivers would crash. When i put it back to stock settings (just turn down the tdp) it doesn't even mine for more than a minute and crashes again.  More specifically "thread stopped error 6". The display drivers crash. Now the whole rig is competely unstable. I am not sure what I should do from here. ANY help would be appreciated!

Some more details could be helpful: What cards? (I'd assume the 1080ti Seahawk version, but I'd rather not guess.) What driver version? What OS?

What software are/were you using to adjust the clock settings? Afterburner?

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? (Besides attempting to reset clock settings) Have you reinstalled the drivers?

The nuclear option would be to reinstall your OS and redo everything from there, but I don't think you've exhausted all easier possibilities yet.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:30:41 AM

Yes more details of what you tried already would be useful, otherwise we are just spit-balling here when trying to offer help.

One obvious question is did you completely power down the rig in between attempts?

The reason I ask is that when messing with utilities such as MSI afterburner, they are making changes on the GPU hardware itself, such as adjusting parameter to the voltage controllers. When these lock up, the (bad or unstable) settings will stay locked in until power is completely removed, meaning a complete power shutdown and not just a reboot.
sublimewls (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:30:59 PM

Some more details could be helpful: What cards? (I'd assume the 1080ti Seahawk version, but I'd rather not guess.) What driver version? What OS?

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? (Besides attempting to reset clock settings) Have you reinstalled the drivers?

The nuclear option would be to reinstall your OS and redo everything from there, but I don't think you've exhausted all easier possibilities yet.

Sorry windows 10, MSI seahawk 1080ti. I used afterburner. Ya I havent reinstalled drivers... I was wondering if that was a viable option. I will try what u guys mentioned. Power down and if not then reinstall drivers then the nuclear option if worse comes to worse.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:30:04 AM

Sorry windows 10, MSI seahawk 1080ti. I used afterburner. Ya I havent reinstalled drivers... I was wondering if that was a viable option. I will try what u guys mentioned. Power down and if not then reinstall drivers then the nuclear option if worse comes to worse.

I don't have any nvidia rigs, but here's what I would do:

Command prompt as admin and do a "sfc /scannow" to repair potential corrupted windows files

Use something like DDU to remove the drivers and reinstall them

Power off the computer, flick the switch on the PSU and then press the power button for a few seconds to clean the system of residual electricity. This may seem stupid, but I have some rigs that for one reason or another require this shutdown and electricty cleanse. They will typically mine flawlessly for a week or more until a card crashes. I reboot the rig, it starts mining and then crashes again until I do this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: