Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:44:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Fork in November  (Read 504 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:32:51 AM

There has been plenty of talk and arguments about the August 1 hard fork. Personally I am more worried about the potential hard fork in November. If that one happens, I think the consequence will be much greater than the one in August. Am I wrong to be concerned?
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:42:20 AM

have you seen this ? https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/
As U can see, at the segwit timeline, therese a segwit2x hardfork, No one wrong to be concern, at this moment is a risky time to take a profit. You can choosen to lose potential to get huge profits, or you can wait the price to recover for a few week, month, or even a few year because the drop. just prepare for anything.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6178

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:53:25 AM

We shouldn't worry before the time comes, let's first have SegWit, see how things goes and then decide. It's very likely that the hardfork is going to occur as there will be enough hashing power (assuming that everyone who agreed on NYA will support this) but I still doubt that people will change their software in order to support this fork and that could result into a chain split.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bone Collector

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:54:22 AM

Thats why I hate this year so far its giving us bitcoin holders a hard time. But Im still looking for a very possitive results after implementations we must always be ready for what will happen. There's still a lot of debate will happen and anticipate. I hope that bitcoin is still profitable after all these.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:18:58 AM

There has been plenty of talk and arguments about the August 1 hard fork. Personally I am more worried about the potential hard fork in November. If that one happens, I think the consequence will be much greater than the one in August. Am I wrong to be concerned?

It helps if you become a little bit "chain agnostic" and just go with the flow.  Most of the drama stems from this strange notion that one chain has to vanquish the other and anything short of that is somehow a disaster.  But, as with all things in Bitcoin, it's a little more nuanced than that.  One could argue that a split might actually be healthy for the community, since it's clear there are some diametrically opposed beliefs that can never be resolved by simply arguing about it.  Maybe it's better to just let the market decide and empirically resolve the conflict once and for all without all the squabbling.

Know that whatever happens, if you feel strongly enough about it to not follow the longest chain, you have a choice over which chain you want to transact on (but please note if you use an SPV or lightweight wallet client, then consensus will effectively decide for you and simply follow the longest chain).  Also remember that other people wishing to transact on a different chain doesn't necessarily diminish your chain (providing your preferred chain still receives adequate miner and node support to continue operating smoothly).  Ultimately, you still have the freedom to do whatever you want with your own private keys and bitcoins, even if others don't agree with you.

The only people who should be concerned are the ones who obsess about the fiat price of their bitcoins and don't like volatility.  That said, some traders see volatility as an opportunity, so even then, it's not necessarily bad news.  Forks are just one of those things you have to accept if you want to be involved in this space.  Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: