Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:19:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: localbitcoins.com and Bitcoin cash  (Read 2093 times)
fred21 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:17:11 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 11:16:09 AM by fred21

Hi,
 to get their bitcoin cash related to the BITCOIN on their Localbitcoins.com wallet does users have to withdraw their funds on a wallet where they own private keys?

Does localbitcoins will allow bitcoin cash withdrawal?

please give link to localbitcoins.com statement as proof.

thanks

EDIT : go here to see answer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054404.msg21690356#msg21690356
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:19:37 AM

Hi,
 to get their bitcoin cash related to the BITCOIN on their Localbitcoins.com wallet does users have to withdraw their funds on a wallet where they own private keys?

thanks
You have to keep your Bitcoins in a wallet to which you, and only you, hold the private keys.
Recommended wallets are Bitcoin Core or Electrum, the latter of which doesn't require you to download the entire Blockchain (which is huge).
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:30:02 AM

You have to keep your Bitcoins in a wallet to which you, and only you, hold the private keys.
Recommended wallets are Bitcoin Core or Electrum, the latter of which doesn't require you to download the entire Blockchain (which is huge).

So you are telling that localbitcoins.com will not allow Bitcoin Cash withdrawal. Where is their statement about that?
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:35:14 AM

So you are telling that localbitcoins.com will not allow Bitcoin Cash withdrawal. Where is their statement about that?
That is not what I've said. It may very well be possible that the site will enable BTCC withdrawals. But it's more risky than keeping your coins in your own wallet where only you have access to. If you want to take that risk, go ahead.
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:44:15 AM

if anyone has the proof of that with official statement.

thanks
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 11:57:18 AM

Hi,

thanks

Enough repeating the same statement. The fact is a lot of holders keep their deposits in their accounts with exchanges and some exchanges have promised to automatically generate a BCC account for their clients, deposited with their  btc balance, just after the fork and OP's main concern is whether localbitcoins will do the same? I have no answer for this right now just like you.

Speaking of the exchanges, it will be highly valuable if somebody may just prepare a chart explaining who is doing what in regard to the BCC hard fork.

espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:59:40 AM

I haven't seen any official statement released from localbitcoins about BCC, in the absence of a statement you should assume you won't get the coins on your account.
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:49:15 PM

I asked them the question in the middle of june 2017 via support ticket and here is what the guy replied :

"
Hi!

If there is a minority chain split LocalBitcoins will allow customers to withdraw their Bitcoins to that chain.

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins
"
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:56:17 PM

I asked them the question in the middle of june 2017 via support ticket and here is what the guy replied :

"
Hi!

If there is a minority chain split LocalBitcoins will allow customers to withdraw their Bitcoins to that chain.

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins
"

This pretty much ends the discussion. They clearly say if there is a fork, we will be able to withdraw our Bitcoins to Bitcoin Cash. I am very impressed with LocalBitcoins... they are the most professional exchange/trading platform.
  I have never had any issues with them and they always respond to tickets within 24 hours. They have a good affiliate program... what can I say? They are simply the best. I have nothing but good things to say about LocalBitcoins.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:41:36 AM

"
Hi!

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins
"

Hey man, just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I was wondering myself if LBC would support BCC. I assumed they would, but this completely clears it up. You are the best! Wink
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:51:57 AM

Thanks.

However, Even with this information, I withdrew all fund from Localbitcoins.com before UAHF. You never know, these are just words
graymatter7

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:51:12 PM

Moving etc to another wallet seems to have been the smart move.

The notice https://localbitcoins.com/blog/bitcoin-aug1-hf/ on the site explains that they will support both chains. However, they now, if asked, say they won't.

This seems misleading at best. Any other thoughts here?
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:14:03 PM

This seems misleading at best. Any other thoughts here?

lack of transparancy from their parts...
fred21 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:55:01 AM

So they don't support BCH withdraw, So I was right to move all my funds away from localbitcoins.com Here is the whole discussion. This is because they don't call it a "split" but a "new altcoin". There is some kind of rubbery here...

Hi!

I'm afraid we only support Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash is a new alt coin created with the blockchain of Bitcoin.

It is not a split of Bitcoin itself.

Best regards,
LocalBitcoins.com

ME

(Ven, 1 Sep 2017 12:23:37 +0000)

Hi,

So now how can I withdraw my BCH?

thanks

max.localbitcoins

(Lun, 12 Jui 2017 12:39:59 +0000)

Hi!

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins

ME

(Lun, 5 Jui 2017 15:14:20 +0000)

Yes but in case of a chain split, you must be prepared in some way.
Indeed, making a transaction on your site localbitcoins.com after 1rst august 2017, in which chain will the record be done?

max.localbitcoins

(Ven, 2 Jui 2017 13:05:53 +0000)

Hi!

LocalBitcoins will always support what the community decides is Bitcoin.

---
Best regards,
LocalBitcoins

ME

(Ven, 2 Jui 2017 09:58:45 +0000)

Hi,

Will you support BIP 148 starting 1rst of august 2017?

What will happen on this date on localbitcoins.com?

thanks

ru_friend

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:35:45 AM

A very important question for me. Until August 1, there was a significant amount of my coins in the localbitcoins.com account. And I was sure that this is a serious organization and did not worry about coins BCH. But now I think differently. Support makes it clear that they hope not for anything. But I can not just give a large sum. And I know that coinbase.com customers have come together to file a collective suit in court. Maybe someone knows about the society of people with a similar problem to me. Only together we can persuade the localbitcoins.com to return our coins BCH.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:11:44 PM

Localbitcoin obviously got all your bch and lied about it. They withdrew it and made a killing in us. They useless. I sent some bch to them by mistake and they won't give it back to me. Therefore they must not own their own privatekeys. You want to do business with a place that doesn't have control of their own private keys ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: