Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc and altcoins after segwit  (Read 1593 times)
vrathamon

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:07:27 PM

Even though I support Bitcoin Cash over Bitcoin Segwit, I know that Bitcoin Cash will be the lesser chain until maybe November.  If Bitcoin Segwit does not activate 2MB blocks in Nov, then there is a really good chance that Bitcoin Cash will become the real chain.
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:25:32 PM

Even though I support Bitcoin Cash over Bitcoin Segwit, I know that Bitcoin Cash will be the lesser chain until maybe November.  If Bitcoin Segwit does not activate 2MB blocks in Nov, then there is a really good chance that Bitcoin Cash will become the real chain.

When was the last time when u actually bought smth with BTC? Users are defecting to fiat money because of long transactions and draconic fees. Segwit won't do shit about this, and u know it, and evveryone knows it, BTC is going down, cause of callousness of Core.
pizamoi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:33:54 PM

When was the last time when u actually bought smth with BTC? Users are defecting to fiat money because of long transactions and draconic fees. Segwit won't do shit about this, and u know it, and evveryone knows it, BTC is going down, cause of callousness of Core.

What do you mean, the point of segwit is just that to reduce fees and enable side chain solutions that will make bitcoin infinitely scalable. Bigger blocks cannot achieve this alone.
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:48:44 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 07:06:31 AM by JohnMacaron

What do you mean, the point of segwit is just that to reduce fees and enable side chain solutions that will make bitcoin infinitely scalable. Bigger blocks cannot achieve this alone.

Side chain solution? Are you out of your mind? Bitcoin was designed to be a solution per se, solution for cheap, fast transactions for everyone. When your toilet is broken and overflowed, are you running outside to build an outhouse instead??

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf Read this, it says: "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System".    CASH system, not some speculative bullshit burdened with fees and unreliable transaction time.
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:25:46 PM

What will happen after the segwit in btc and altcoins in any trading sites? What will be its possible effect to all traders?
Aa an obvious answer we dont really knwo how it will go na affect the market value of the tokens but i giess it will not gonna affect the entire altcoins but just a little bit of interferance what it will gonna affect much is the market value surely of bitxoin jn the market for sure.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:38:01 AM

What will happen after the segwit in btc and altcoins in any trading sites? What will be its possible effect to all traders?
Aa an obvious answer we dont really knwo how it will go na affect the market value of the tokens but i giess it will not gonna affect the entire altcoins but just a little bit of interferance what it will gonna affect much is the market value surely of bitxoin jn the market for sure.
I just hope it will be back to normal or can recover fast on their values, this split just makes user panic and makes the btc value falls, t will be tomorrow we can see what will really happen

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 01:43:17 AM

Segwit is only going to activate on bitcoin not all coins. It shouldn't be misunderstand with Aug 1 events. Segwit ain't going to come now, the possible segwit fork will be coming in few months. Currently you need not worry much about exchanges. They will be close for one or two days to see to bcc fork after that market will regain its momentum. As trader, you can be assured that prices of coins not going to change much.

Firstly happening of this transition is pretty low as people are supporting traditional BTC and it won't go down so easily. It's like second split is a joke and devs must be finding a place to hide themselves. Lols.

Though it happens it will affect bitcoin price and trading, investing, exchanges will be shut ultimately leading to dropped price as there won't be any "theoretical" volume of money transacted in bitcoin. Other coins are completely different story and they won't be having "direct" effect but will get affected as the market of bitcoin fluctuates.
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:04:06 AM

I just hope it will be back to normal or can recover fast on their values, this split just makes user panic and makes the btc value falls, t will be tomorrow we can see what will really happen

Yes I hope so, hopefully everything will go smoothly and will be back to normal, i can just wait what will happen tomorrow and i don't hold btc coins because all i transfer to altcoin hopefully the price after tomorrow isn't too turbulent so we can continue trade again.
Mokuton

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:14:21 AM

BTC and alts will pump. Look at the long term, 90 billion marketcap for all crypto is tiny compared to projected trillions in the future. Just keep collecting BTC as it will ne worth a lot more someday
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:01:47 AM

BTC and alts will pump. Look at the long term, 90 billion marketcap for all crypto is tiny compared to projected trillions in the future. Just keep collecting BTC as it will ne worth a lot more someday
I think price after segwit will increase and hoping that it will be back to normal. Yes it is best to collect btc and hold save it in a wallet that for sure its safe and secured. Lest see this aug1 on what will happen on the btc and altcoin.
Shahin320

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:44:47 AM

after segwit I trust that btc will pump. i am just waiting what will happen tomorrow and i don't hold btc because all i transfer to altcoin hopefully the price after segwit will be high.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:10:31 AM

after segwit I trust that btc will pump. i am just waiting what will happen tomorrow and i don't hold btc because all i transfer to altcoin hopefully the price after segwit will be high.
Im hoping for that too since I still have some btc leftin my wallet. Im just hope that the day after tomorrow will he much better and we can continue our activities.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:51:01 AM

Yeah I already did that also, I converted my bitcoin to some altcoins just to be safe during the hard fork so my coins wont lose. Just taking a break tomorrow then be back when its done and see what good things happen.
And I think only bitcoin will be affected by the correction, not the altcoins.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:37:04 PM

What does swgwit have to do with alts?
It's only a matter about BTC keep the alts out of it.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:07:27 PM

Less than 12 hours away everything will be clear, although the issue of segwit from the beginning continues to strengthen but does not make the bitcoin users panic so the price remains stable at $ 2700. This also makes altcoin stable.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

I think there will be no segwit because all investors will support hard fork more. If hard fork occurs altcoin may have higher price and Bitcoin will have lower price

YES .... i think your right altcoin will be BOOM then the BTC will dump a little then the BCC Huh
what about the BCC?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: