Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:29:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fork  (Read 266 times)
KseniiaD (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:28:44 PM

Is Bitcoin going to split in two currencies on August 1st, 2017? And what to do, If I don't control private keys to my bitcoins?
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:43:42 PM

Is Bitcoin going to split in two currencies on August 1st, 2017? And what to do, If I don't control private keys to my bitcoins?

There will be a split this August 1, it will be Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. There are wallets that has been said by sir theymos that is safe and can be trusted when the fork comes. I think just don't make a transaction before August so you will not regret that, also if you are reading the updates you must try to avoid putting your coins into exchanges sites.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:47:32 PM

There will be a split this August 1, it will be Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. There are wallets that has been said by sir theymos that is safe and can be trusted when the fork comes. I think just don't make a transaction before August so you will not regret that, also if you are reading the updates you must try to avoid putting your coins into exchanges sites.

every time when your hardware is about to become obsolete ...

Patent1number: ****-****
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:53:49 PM

I will not support Bitcoincash as of now i don't know yet for the near future but for now it is really clear in my mind that we should only use one currency and that is bitcoin because splitting this means that they would have  a different characteristics even if they say that this is a perfect copy
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:55:11 PM

And what to do, If I don't control private keys to my bitcoins?

If you dont control private keys, you dont have Bitcoins. You just have some IOU Bitcoins - which means what it says, I owe you Bitcoins, also know as worthless when the one owning you something goes bankrupt.

So if your interested in the splitted coin as well, control the private keys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: