Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Claim Your Bitcoin Cash for Free  (Read 419 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:59:22 PM

Here is a very simple explanation on what can happen on August 1 when Bitcoin Cash can officially be having its birth to the world of cryptocurrency. It is said that if you are holding the real Bitcoin then you will also have a corresponding Bitcoin Cash for as long as your wallet or exchange site is supporting Bitcoin Cash.

What is Bitcoin Cash? On August 1st, a hard fork will occur in the Bitcoin network, leaving us with 2 existing chains afterwards: Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

Get your Free Bitcoin Cash. Some exchanges are offering 100% free Bitcoin Cash on Aug 1st. For every single Bitcoin you hold in certain exchanges, you will automatically credited with a single Bitcoin Cash coin (worth $407 at time of writing) for free i.e. if you hold 1 Bitcoin, you'll get 1 Bitcoin Cash coin free. Sounds great, right?

Simply hold Bitcoin in one of these compatible exchanges and you'll get an extra free coin.

Should I Switch My Exchange/Wallet? It's up to you! But to me at least, it makes sense that IF YOU ALREADY BITCOIN, you might as well send it to one of the exchanges/wallets that are compatible with Bitcoin Cash... after all, you'll receive free Bitcoin Cash coins just by holding your Bitcoin in one of these places. It's a no brainer if you have Bitcoin already!

You can read it all here.

For the list of the exchanges and wallet providers that are supporting Bitcoin Cash, please just go to that link below the quoted post. I hope that this will really be this simple come August 1 as Bitcoin and this whole blockchain technology is built on simplicity and less drama.
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

I hope that this will really be this simple come August 1 as Bitcoin and this whole blockchain technology is built on simplicity and less drama.

If the fear of hard forks go away after Aug 1, then all good. I think Bitcoin Cash might be a plan to show there is nothing to fear from hard forks and splits, so the November planned Bitcoin upgrade to 2M supported by most Bitcoin economy (already activated SegWit2x) goes really smooth.
Reid

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:19:01 PM

That sounds fishy Tom. They will just give away a new coin just like that? What if suddenly it became valuable.
That also means you will have to deposit your bitcoin in an exchange site which made it more sound fishy. So for every bitcoin is an equal of a bitcoin cash then they will run away.  Grin  Grin  Grin
I wont believe this one. Better stay with bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: